Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group A: Turkey, Italy, Wales, Switzerland

3 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Not true. Much smaller nations play a more expansive game. Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Bosnia and co are hardly footballing superpowers but don't just come to defend and nick a goal from a set piece. I'd rather watch an Eastern European minnow over a northern European one every day of the week.

See the Italy goals?

2 minutes ago, Kingleicester said:

It’s nice seeing a team 2 goals up and still going for more, 

Italy know they can win this tournament without simply qualifying for the knockouts. They seem to be set up to win every game  

I'll hold my hands up and be first to admit I have underestimated Italy, quite heavily. Only really had focus on France/Belgium/Portugal as favourites but Italy are making light work of these sides. It might 'only' be Turkey or Switzerland who have under-performed, but they're making light work of both with ease.

• Like 4

Almost Every experience I've had of Italy has been a pleasure. The culture. The food. The language. The history. The architecture. The people. The football.

Just Not the driving standards. Scary.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'll hold my hands up and be first to admit I have underestimated Italy, quite heavily. Only really had focus on France/Belgium/Portugal as favourites but Italy are making light work of these sides. It might 'only' be Turkey or Switzerland who have under-performed, but they're making light work of both with ease.

Same here, the squad on paper looks poor compared to the squads of the past but there's still a spine of quality and Mancini has a good system and understanding with them.

They are a real danger.

Guest StevieLynex

Most entertaining Italian team I have seen. Gone are the days of the dour defensive until, with Gentile at the helm