Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group A: Turkey, Italy, Wales, Switzerland

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Switzerland lost 3-0 and drew with us. 

We drew with them and won 2-0.

They're currently winning 2-0, if we lose 3-0 it'll be identical. 

Didn't know about the disciplinary record though. We've had lots of yellows so even if Ampadu hadn't just been completely incorrectly dismissed by a paid-off Romanian ref then we'd still be third. 

You and Switzerland had received 4 yellows each up to now in the group stage.

It's identical between you both in that scenario, but then it goes on to group goals scored in total in all matches, whereby Switzerland outscore you. 

Basically all the H2H conditions are decided first, then it goes on to overall group conditions. 

1 minute ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Hartson is so bias it's unbearable.

Yeah I’ve been thinking that all match. The Allen yellow showed it as did his challenge for the free kick that lead to the goal. I get he’s welsh but it’s just annoying when he’s not even pretending to commentate accurately.

That's a blatant red. Studs on the shin. They were lucky not to have a red in the first half, when Dan James went over the top on Veratti and did the same thing.

Hartson needs to shut up, he'd be screaming for it if it was the other way round.

As shite as Peter Walton is, he's spot on. Red all day long.

You simply can't do that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

Yeah I’ve been thinking that all match. The Allen yellow showed it as did his challenge for the free kick that lead to the goal. I get he’s welsh but it’s just annoying when he’s not even pretending to commentate accurately.

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

... Have you ever watched an England game on UK TV? 

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

Just don’t think you can go down with studs like that on a player… and according to the rules it is a red 

I'm not disagreeing with you but why was no card shown in the similar foul in the first half? U can't recall who it was though.

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

That's a blatant red. Studs on the shin. They were lucky not to have a red in the first half, when Dan James went over the top on Veratti and did the same thing.

Hartson needs to shut up, he'd be screaming for it if it was the other way round.

As shite as Peter Walton is, he's spot on. Red all day long.

You simply can't do that.

It wasn't on the shin. 

1 minute ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Hartson is so bias it's unbearable.

He is, but we had BBC commentators last night in the Spain game talking about "us" playing against them and "we" won a penalty shoot out in Euro 96, as if Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales weren't receiving the broadcast, so I'll cut Hartson's bias some slack.

• Like 1

Just now, Stuntman_Mike said:

This isn't an England-Wales debate lol

No end of pundits are bias, I'm just commenting on what I've heard this game

All bets are off when it comes to bias and International football though is my point. 

There's never any impartiality. 

Just now, StanSP said:

It wasn't on the shin. 

It was high enough up to be considered dangerous.

Look at it this way, which I always try to do. If that was on a Leicester player, you'd want them sent off for for that, rightly so.

Still amazed they didn't check the Dan James one in the first half, arguably worse.

• Like 1

Just now, tom27111 said:

Look at it this way, which I always try to do. If that was on a Leicester player, you'd want them sent off for for that, rightly so.

Look at it the other way. If it was a Leicester player impeding an opposition player, would you want them sent off? I’m not sure. 

Edited by Manini

Just now, Vacamion said:

He is, but we had BBC commentators last night in the Spain game talking about "us" playing against them and "we" won a penalty shoot out in Euro 96, as if Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales weren't receiving the broadcast, so I'll cut Hartson's bias some slack.

I'm happy with him being pro Wales on UK coverage, I'm actually hoping Wales nick something. I'd just prefer him to call out what he sees fairly 

• Like 1

Just now, tom27111 said:

It was high enough up to be considered dangerous.

Still amazed they didn't check the Dan James one in the first half, arguably worse.

I'm not so sure. I'm erring on the side of yellow as opposed to red. 

Based on other similar challenges, they've not even been given yellows (the ones that come to mind are the Alaba challenge on the Dutch player and another that resulted in a penalty I can't remember who). 

Just now, Manini said:

Look at it the other way. If it was a Leicester player impeding an opposition player, would you want them sent off? I’m not sure. 

You'd understand why.

If a player is stupid enough to give the referee a decision to make, you can't have many complaints. 

He was a millisecond late and stood on his foot by accident. The player was fine and is now back running around, there was never any considerable risk of injury. 

The reaction bought the red card. 

Vardy was sent off for much worse a few years ago and this place went ballistic over it. 

If that was against England not Wales none of you would think it was a red tbqh. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1