Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group A: Turkey, Italy, Wales, Switzerland

Just now, StanSP said:

I'm not so sure. I'm erring on the side of yellow as opposed to red. 

Based on other similar challenges, they've not even been given yellows (the ones that come to mind are the Alaba challenge on the Dutch player and another that resulted in a penalty I can't remember who). 

Comes back to consistency again. VAR should give us that, but it doesn't.

We've seen 2 penalties awarded for players having their foot stood on late in the area, but England weren't given one for almost an identical incident against Scotland.

Baffling really. 

1 minute ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I'm happy with him being pro Wales on UK coverage, I'm actually hoping Wales nick something. I'd just prefer him to call out what he sees fairly 

A good commentator would probably suggest alternative interpretations rather than go along with Hartson when he is way off piste.

"Well you say that John, but I can imagine that others might think...."

Guest StevieLynex

Ward has done well in these three matches. Perhaps we may get some bids in for him. If we could get our money back, would you let him go? Better to invest the money elsewhere tha on someone who is a permanent fixture on the bench?

12 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Yeah I’ve been thinking that all match. The Allen yellow showed it as did his challenge for the free kick that lead to the goal. I get he’s welsh but it’s just annoying when he’s not even pretending to commentate accurately.

I assume you thought/said the same thing when the English commentators were calling Phillips "cute" and "clever" as he went in to nigh on double figures of fouls vs Croatia? 

When it comes to national sides, they are all biased. You maybe just don't notice the English bias because you support England.... Everyone else notices it and Hartson has been no worse.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StevieLynex said:

Ward has done well in these three matches. Perhaps we may get some bids in for him. If we could get our money back, would you let him go? Better to invest the money elsewhere tha on someone who is a permanent fixture on the bench?

I don't think we'd get 12.5m back for him and I don't think we'd sell him anyway. Not unless he starts kicking up a big fuss to want to move.

Just now, stripeyfox said:

Hartson "what people need to remember is that Wales are playing Italy"

Well, no shit. Thanks for that fascinating insight John

My favourite one was earlier when he said that if Wales kept a clean sheet, Switzerland needed to score five or whatever it is. 

Overlooking the fact that we only need a point to finish second. 

Maybe it's because they're seen as the plucky underdog but Wales show far more togetherness, courage, endeavour and commitment than our lot. Far more likeable.

They remind me of Leicester in that regard, they should get more respect and be taken alot more serious but always seem to have the underdog tag that suits them right down the ground.

England are so hard to like (for many reasons) in comparison.

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, StanSP said:

I don't think we'd get 12.5m back for him and I don't think we'd sell him anyway. Not unless he starts kicking up a big fuss to want to move.

We're spending a fair amount on our goalkeepers - £12.5m on Ward and Kasper earning £100k+  a week. Have we go t our priorities right?

2 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I assume you thought/said the same thing when the English commentators were calling Phillips "cute" and "clever" as he went in to nigh on double figures of fouls vs Croatia? 

When it comes to national sides, they are all biased. You maybe just don't notice the English bias because you support England.... Everyone else notices it and Hartson has been no worse.

Bold to assume I’m English :ph34r:

but anyway I was watching the Croatia game in a noisy pub so couldn’t hear the commentary too well so couldn’t comment on that. All I’m saying is Hartson is particularly bad. I mean he just said said Gunter was rightfully getting after the referee when he was booked, when is that ever acceptable? Just for clarity as well I’m rooting for the welsh here, I love an underdog!

• Like 1