Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group C: Netherlands, Ukraine, Austria, North Macedonia

15 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I've just looked up what Arnautovic was banned for.

Jesus, what a berk.

Potentially damaged his team's prospects because of a brainfart with a slice of inherited hatred.

If an England player did something like that and got a ban, I'd want them sent home.

Whole thing is strange 

The Football Federation of Macedonia (FFM) had publicly criticised Arnautovic for what it called a “nationalistic outburst” and called on Uefa for the strongest possible punishment to be handed out. Arnautovic apologised for “heated words” but insisted: “I am not a racist. I have friends in almost every country and I stand for diversity. Everyone who knows me is aware of that.”

Alioski later revealed that Arnautovic had apologised. “Arnautovic and I talked after the match and clarified, as he apologised to me and came to our room and shook my hand, being very fair,” he said. “I did not hear what he said, as the fans were celebrating, but we spoke German after the match and agreed after the match.”

14 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

First proper farce of the Euros coming up. Ukraine v Austria's just nailed on to end 0-0 isn't it. It basically puts both through.

Austria have not added much so far.

I hope Ukraine go for it and smash them.

But yeah, nil - nil quite likely.

1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

Austria have not added much so far.

I hope Ukraine go for it and smash them.

But yeah, nil - nil quite likely.

The only thing that makes me think otherwise is that Austria have previous and they might think it's not worth it.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

First proper farce of the Euros coming up. Ukraine v Austria's just nailed on to end 0-0 isn't it. It basically puts both through.

It's a strange one isn't it? The runner up from their group will play Italy, so it might actually be an advantage to finish third...

2 hours ago, shen said:

It's a strange one isn't it? The runner up from their group will play Italy, so it might actually be an advantage to finish third...

Yeah it is, problem is if either side throws the game and loses it that might put them out anyway.

It's just bound to end a draw I think.

3 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

This 3rd place qualifies is rubbish, two pointless games on now whereas it could have been a decider between Ukraine and Austria.

Actually been a good start but know you mean .

Kind of gives teams a chance to win one game then play for a draw .

14 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

This 3rd place qualifies is rubbish, two pointless games on now whereas it could have been a decider between Ukraine and Austria.

It gives a lot more to play for instead of having two dead rubbers for the final games as sometimes happens. 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Hahaha Tyldesley got conned by the replay lol

Thought it was another chance lol

Yes I noticed that I mentioned it to the Missus who just looked at me disinterested. Dont think I've seen it happen before though🤔

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Now Tyldesley showing grade A ignorance over the qualification system - 'mad mathematicians - I expect to see Northern Ireland re-introduced'.

Congratulations on thinking like an infant, Clive.

I heard him saying something about how to get from 24 to 16 teams in the most complicated way using the most complicated formula