Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

What annoys you about..... you?

4 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I'm never wrong :ph34r:.. Like seriously, i am never wrong.. 

On a serious note, i can be very snappy and really judgey (if thats a word) over the silliest of things. 

1 minute ago, FoxesDeb said:

I'm never wrong and can be pretty snappy too, maybe it's a woman thing :ph34r: I also get really annoyed at the silliest things that seem really important at the time, but they're not at all. It's such a waste of time and emotion. 

It's definitely not a woman thing. I could name you a dozen people on Foxestalk, without even thinking, who never think they're wrong. I'd name one right away, but my post might be removed lol

• Haha 2

When I talk to people, even family, I have to repeat the last few words of everything they say in my head, otherwise I don't pay attention and take it in. Done it as long as I can remember. Drives me mad. Sometimes when I'm talking to people I repeat the last few words of what I've said in my own head as well, and I'm not sure why.

On 23/06/2021 at 23:12, Duquesne Whistle said:

It's definitely not a woman thing. I could name you a dozen people on Foxestalk, without even thinking, who never think they're wrong. I'd name one right away, but my post might be removed lol

Does anyone ever think that they're wrong?   Have you ever completed a post and then thought, 'you know what, that was a load of old horseshit.  I'm completely wrong'?

1 minute ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

It was a light hearted comment, that's all. If you want to fall out with someone today, I'm not your man.

Well that was unexpected. 

You seem to have taken offence when I only intended to be glib and flippant and ever so slightly amusing.

There it is again, that human interaction thing.  lol

1 hour ago, murphy said:

Does anyone ever think that they're wrong?   Have you ever completed a post and then thought, 'you know what, that was a load of old horseshit.  I'm completely wrong'?

Not necessarily posted, but I'd have about 5x more posts if I completed and submitted every comment I've ever started before thinking "nah that's dumb stfu Carl" and deleting the whole lot.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Not necessarily posted, but I'd have about 5x more posts if I completed and submitted every comment I've ever started before thinking "nah that's dumb stfu Carl" and deleting the whole lot.

Very true, as I say, I was being flippant.

I probably only publish a fraction of the posts that I actually write out too.  I wish I hadn't bothered with that one now.  lol

1 minute ago, murphy said:

Very true, as I say, I was being flippant.

I probably only publish a fraction of the posts that I actually write out too.  I wish I hadn't bothered with that one now.  lol

I don't want this to descend into something it's not. I wasn't offended, I just honestly couldn't be bothered arguing. I thought you were looking for an argument.....I was wrong (see what I did there lol)

My original comment was a light hearted post, designed to get a laugh, albeit with an undertone of fact attached.

Anyone posting a comment and instantly thinking 'that's horseshit', should take more time to consider what they're actually posting. That's very different from 'never being wrong'.

For instance, I was dead against Brendan Rodgers becoming manager, I thought it would be a disaster. I was wrong. Hugely wrong. I can admit I'm wrong, in person or in print, some can't. That last comment is most certainly not directed at you btw, just so we're clear lol.

38 minutes ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

I don't want this to descend into something it's not. I wasn't offended, I just honestly couldn't be bothered arguing. I thought you were looking for an argument.....I was wrong (see what I did there lol)

My original comment was a light hearted post, designed to get a laugh, albeit with an undertone of fact attached.

Anyone posting a comment and instantly thinking 'that's horseshit', should take more time to consider what they're actually posting. That's very different from 'never being wrong'.

For instance, I was dead against Brendan Rodgers becoming manager, I thought it would be a disaster. I was wrong. Hugely wrong. I can admit I'm wrong, in person or in print, some can't. That last comment is most certainly not directed at you btw, just so we're clear lol.

That's probably one of the most important things I've learned since I've started posting here. There's a certain power in spending an hour to compose an idea, realizing its crap and hitting the clear page button. And its not just for the post match chat :whistle:

3 hours ago, murphy said:

There's a few of us about.  This me too.

Generally I'm pretty laid back but if I've been invited to my gf's Dad's for a meal it will stress me the hell out for days beforehand.  I hate it and when I come home I crash with exhaustion.  Weddings, barbecues, pretty much any social situation fills me with dread.  I even cut my own hair for fear of being captive in a barber's chair and having to make small talk.  The funny thing is that I'm fine in a more relaxed setting with the same people or out with mates.  I don't do eye contact either.

I read Chris Packham's book, Fingers In The Sparkle Jar, in which he looks at his life and struggles with Aspergers.  I saw myself in it in a lot of ways so I have taken several online tests for the condition and every time I come out borderline Aspergers. 

It also made me think about people that I would term as 'animal people'.  People who are dedicated to animals.  I spent ten years running a wildlife rescue and tragically my best friends have all been dogs.  I'm ashamed to say that when I lost my dog in October it hit me (and continues to hit me) harder than when I lost my dad.  Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that I have met many 'animal people' in the course of my work and for the most part 'animal people' have always struck me as being odd.  Socially awkward perhaps, sometimes a bit spiky and very often heroically eccentric.  I couldn't quite put my finger on it but Chris Packham explains the direct simplicity and honesty of animals and it makes sense for people that struggle with the vagueries of human interaction.  Dogs can't lie.

Having said all that, I quite like being me and I wouldn't change it.  I'm often lost in my own world and I quite like it there.  There are positives to my weirdness.  For instance, I have never felt a moment's loneliness in my life.  There are people on the other end of the scale that have to be around others and can't cope being alone.  I would hate that dependence. 

Anyway, things that annoy me about me:

Self-indulgence (see above)

Procrastination

Cowardice

Massive clumsiness (my gf and her family call me Clang)

The sense that I will leave this earth without ever achieving anything meaningful

Thanks for that. Like looking at myself in the mirror. Nice to know I'm not alone in my eccentricities and weirdness. Contrast is what makes the planet earth so great.

18 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

My anxiety issues regarding my work, when I know I’m bloody good at what I do and yet work keeps me

awake at night worrying about things I can’t control.

Me and you both buddy. I'm exactly the same. I worry constantly. 

• Sad 2

My fitness levels...

I know I’m overweight and unfit but just cannot bring myself to do ‘proper exercise’

I work hard and enjoy my life but I’m drifting into that mid fifties state where I know I need to do something about it and just can’t bloody motivate myself.

I also know it’ll only go one way if I don’t sort it out.. type 2 diabetes, heart issues etc and STILL I can’t give myself the kick up the arris I need to get fitter

19 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Same here - a lot of my shite still filters through though (sorry everyone)

4 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Also living with low mood and anxiety.

I’m proud of my job and my work persona but outside I don’t like who I am. Socially I’ve become loads better, but I still feel like on first meeting that people’s opinion will be that I’m a weirdo or that they dislike me. 

We’re all weirdos really in our unique special way. And we’ve got absolutely no say if someone likes or dislikes us - it’s out of our control what anyone else think about us.

But as the old saying goes, “if we don’t love ourselves first, we can’t expect anyone else to love us”

Happiness comes from within. The problem with many people with low mood, anxiety or depression is that they haven’t yet learnt to love (and/or forgive) themselves.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

Playing football regularly and walking to and from work but still having a beer belly at 18 years old

Join the club mate. I’m a fair bit older than you (26) but I’ve always struggled with my weight and how I look - especially because all my mates are slim/look as though they’re in good Nick. I’ve always been active, always very disciplined with what I eat, probably drink too much beer but we all have our vices, and I find it very difficult to lose weight (I’m not massive, just a bit bigger than other lads and I’d like to shift a couple of stone). 

Truth is, some people’s metabolisms just aren’t as fast as others and we all store fat differently. Just because you don’t have a 6-pac doesn’t mean you aren’t healthy, and that’s the most important thing isn’t it? I know it’s tough, from first hand experience, but at the end of the day there will always be somebody, somewhere, who wished they looked like you and me, despite the fact that we might think that about others. 

On 26/06/2021 at 13:51, murphy said:

There's a few of us about.  This me too.

Generally I'm pretty laid back but if I've been invited to my gf's Dad's for a meal it will stress me the hell out for days beforehand.  I hate it and when I come home I crash with exhaustion.  Weddings, barbecues, pretty much any social situation fills me with dread.  I even cut my own hair for fear of being captive in a barber's chair and having to make small talk.  The funny thing is that I'm fine in a more relaxed setting with the same people or out with mates.  I don't do eye contact either.

I read Chris Packham's book, Fingers In The Sparkle Jar, in which he looks at his life and struggles with Aspergers.  I saw myself in it in a lot of ways so I have taken several online tests for the condition and every time I come out borderline Aspergers. 

It also made me think about people that I would term as 'animal people'.  People who are dedicated to animals.  I spent ten years running a wildlife rescue and tragically my best friends have all been dogs.  I'm ashamed to say that when I lost my dog in October it hit me (and continues to hit me) harder than when I lost my dad.  Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that I have met many 'animal people' in the course of my work and for the most part 'animal people' have always struck me as being odd.  Socially awkward perhaps, sometimes a bit spiky and very often heroically eccentric.  I couldn't quite put my finger on it but Chris Packham explains the direct simplicity and honesty of animals and it makes sense for people that struggle with the vagueries of human interaction.  Dogs can't lie.

Having said all that, I quite like being me and I wouldn't change it.  I'm often lost in my own world and I quite like it there.  There are positives to my weirdness.  For instance, I have never felt a moment's loneliness in my life.  There are people on the other end of the scale that have to be around others and can't cope being alone.  I would hate that dependence. 

Anyway, things that annoy me about me:

Self-indulgence (see above)

Procrastination

Cowardice

Massive clumsiness (my gf and her family call me Clang)

The sense that I will leave this earth without ever achieving anything meaningful

Fancy a beer with Joe and me soon Dave?  :)

On 23/06/2021 at 14:05, Suzie the Fox said:

I'm never wrong :ph34r:.. Like seriously, i am never wrong.. 

On a serious note, i can be very snappy and really judgey (if thats a word) over the silliest of things. 

I was wrong once. But only because I thought I had done something wrong when in fact I hadn’t :whistle:

My lack of fitness. I play one hour of seven-a-side a week and am blowing after 5 minutes. I think the lockdown has reduced opportunities to stay fit, really, which is a huge shame. 

Worry too much as well. Especially about football- I do find the off season so relaxing.