Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ThurmastonFox

Memberships

I thought it was today too, I can't think where I saw that date, while waiting for an announcement does any one remember what the last normal membership price was  before last season for adult and child. I didn't get one last season but seem to think it was about £50 and £20 they'd just revamped the scheme too I seem to remember, be interested to see what they offer this season? 

Edited by southfox66

I've just had an e-mail back from the ticket office.

"We are anticipating for memberships to go on sale this week, however I can't give you the exact date as we are in the process of finalising some details."

My guess is they are waiting on Boris to confirm full crowds before offering memberships out.

3 hours ago, southfox66 said:

I thought it was today too, I can't think where I saw that date, while waiting for an announcement does any one remember what the last normal membership price was  before last season for adult and child. I didn't get one last season but seem to think it was about £50 and £20 they'd just revamped the scheme too I seem to remember, be interested to see what they offer this season? 

There was a link on the website somewhere, that appears to have been removed. 

I think last year's were priced at £70, but could be wrong.

They phoned me up very early in the pandemic to see if I wanted to buy one, obviously said no as I mainly want it to be able to get hold of some tickets, the bloke sounded like everyone had said the same thing to him, but Susan Wheelan  was stood behind him, holding a gun to his head lol

Edited by tom27111

Me and my son went to our first game against Wigan in the cup, ended up going to a few with the last one being the Villa match, went and bought a membership thinking something might change, obviously didn't get to see anything last season and the club just told me I have to pay another £70 for next season, thought I might have got a free renewal.

1 hour ago, Vestan Pance said:

The bad news is they're expecting members to pay again despite getting nothing for the money last season.

Not strictly true. Members were able to apply in the ballot for tickets to the FA Cup Final and for the last game at home against Spurs. 

18 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

Not strictly true. Members were able to apply in the ballot for tickets to the FA Cup Final and for the last game at home against Spurs. 

Which season ticket holders also got whilst loosing nothing in monetary terms. So again members got nothing for the money.

37 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

You are right. But…

So no more than season ticket holders got then. Difference being season ticket holders were given their £70 payment back as a ‘discount’ on this years ticket while members lose their full £40 payment. 

I did raise this with the club a while back to be honest and I got assurances it wasn’t falling on deaf ears. The club are well aware and have acknowledged that members often travel much further to get to games and on average can often end up putting more money into the club over the course of a season through ticket sales and fees etc. Treating them as a cash cow after the year we’ve had and the lack of membership ‘benefits’ would be a kick in the teeth, especially given the contrast with which they’ve (rightly) treated STH’s.  

Edited by rn9013
  • Like 4

I haven't bothered with memberships the less last few years because the price went up and I never got the opportunity to use it to get tickets. Considering buying one again this year because if I'm going to be lucky enough to get Europa league tickets, I'm probably going to have to be a member at the very least and even that probably won't be enough.