Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
Guest WarehamFox

We have one fit centre back!!

Recommended Posts

Posted
22 hours ago, LeeTheFox said:

The people on here saying Gary Cahill… come on surely we should be aiming higher than that, his legs are long gone 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ 

Evidence? 

Posted
20 minutes ago, enmac said:

Evidence? 

His legs have gone. To slow.  If we are entering the Barclays Walking Football League - then it’s a yes from me.

  • Haha 1
Posted

I doubt we will use NDiddi as a CB as we have two fit CBs ready to play. 

 As well as the loss of NDiddi in midfield it would send the wrong message to Benko and Amartey.

It might just be the break either of the two need to get their careers moving again, And honestly I don't think they will let us down.

 

The other options are obviously Kabak on a free or a loan to buy deal for Tarkowski if funds are tight. Burnley can't afford to run down his contract and let him walk so they will do a deal.

  • Like 1
Posted
4 hours ago, Foxxed said:

We’ll use Castange when he’s fit I reckon, unless Benk can step up. Those are the only two experienced players who can play from the back.

I don't think we will be using Castagne, because it will mean going to 3 at the back again. We've had a back 4 in all our pre-season games, so it looks like that will be the default. Doesn't really solve the problem, anyway, as we'd still need another CB for that formation.

 

14 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I doubt we will use NDiddi as a CB as we have two fit CBs ready to play. 

 As well as the loss of NDiddi in midfield it would send the wrong message to Benko and Amartey.

It might just be the break either of the two need to get their careers moving again, And honestly I don't think they will let us down.

 

The other options are obviously Kabak on a free or a loan to buy deal for Tarkowski if funds are tight. Burnley can't afford to run down his contract and let him walk so they will do a deal.

We saw at the end of last season that Brendan prefers to use Ndidi as a CB over Amartey, and that was before we had Soumare and KDH in the squad to cover for Wilf in midfield.

  • Like 1
Posted
15 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I don't think we will be using Castagne, because it will mean going to 3 at the back again. We've had a back 4 in all our pre-season games, so it looks like that will be the default. Doesn't really solve the problem, anyway, as we'd still need another CB for that formation.

I don't think we'll have a back four now we only have one first choice centre half. I could see a back three of Castange, Ndidi and Soyuncu.

  • Haha 1
Posted
17 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I don't think we will be using Castagne, because it will mean going to 3 at the back again. We've had a back 4 in all our pre-season games, so it looks like that will be the default. Doesn't really solve the problem, anyway, as we'd still need another CB for that formation.

 

We saw at the end of last season that Brendan prefers to use Ndidi as a CB over Amartey, and that was before we had Soumare and KDH in the squad to cover for Wilf in midfield.

Yes, But I think Amartey was either still out injured or just back playing and Benko was on loan so we only had Morgan who was also carrying an injury.

To not use one of the two would send them the completely wrong message that they are not good enough, .and have no future here. If that's the case then just let them go and use the funds to sign Tarkowski as Brendan clearly rates.

If funds are an issue then Kabak on a free or small fee seems a no brainer given his relationship with Soyuncu.

Posted
2 hours ago, mozartfox said:

His legs have gone. To slow.  If we are entering the Barclays Walking Football League - then it’s a yes from me.

Darren Ambrose said about 10 minutes ago: "I saw a lot of Gary Cahill last season. (He's a fan of Palace). Great defender. He's lost a shade of pace, but he's still a great defender. "

I'll wager that he's seen a lot more of Cahill, recently, than anyone on this forum. 

 

Posted
32 minutes ago, enmac said:

Darren Ambrose said about 10 minutes ago: "I saw a lot of Gary Cahill last season. (He's a fan of Palace). Great defender. He's lost a shade of pace, but he's still a great defender. "

I'll wager that he's seen a lot more of Cahill, recently, than anyone on this forum. 

 

Playing for a team that spent most of the game camped on the edge of their box lol

 

Aye itll be great when were on the half way line and Cahill needs oxygen after 20 minutes 

  • Like 1
Posted
2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Playing for a team that spent most of the game camped on the edge of their box lol

 

Aye itll be great when were on the half way line and Cahill needs oxygen after 20 minutes 

Really don't get all the negativity. We've got little or no money to spend. We need 2 CBs since we only have 1 fit one at the moment and who knows if Caglar will be fit enough to to play 38 + games this season. How do you propose we get 2 experienced CBs with zero money? 

The only alternative is to sell a player from the first team squad. Personally, I'd rather we didn't. 

  • Like 1
Posted
16 minutes ago, enmac said:

Really don't get all the negativity. We've got little or no money to spend. We need 2 CBs since we only have 1 fit one at the moment and who knows if Caglar will be fit enough to to play 38 + games this season. How do you propose we get 2 experienced CBs with zero money? 

The only alternative is to sell a player from the first team squad. Personally, I'd rather we didn't. 

Any evidence on that one...

  • Like 2
Posted
8 hours ago, enmac said:

Really don't get all the negativity. We've got little or no money to spend. We need 2 CBs since we only have 1 fit one at the moment and who knows if Caglar will be fit enough to to play 38 + games this season. How do you propose we get 2 experienced CBs with zero money? 

The only alternative is to sell a player from the first team squad. Personally, I'd rather we didn't. 

Quite the assumption being made there. Whether a player costs nothing or 50 million. If they dont suit the system and style we play play, they will look poor and make us poorer.

 

I dont see how an aging Gary Cahill is any use to us except maybe against Liverpool, United and City (yeah I called man city, city! :D )

 

In games where we plan to set in and low block all game then I see the merit. 90% of the time I imagine we will be on the front foot.

Posted

There is nothing to lose starting Benkovic vs Man City. 
 

The guy hasn’t had a chance at Leicester and has had extraordinarily bad luck with loan deals where the managers didn’t want him there in the first place. His one good loan at Celtic under Rodgers was disrupted by injury. Can’t catch a break. We may as well give him a shot, we know what Dan and Wilf can do already. 

Posted
7 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

There is nothing to lose starting Benkovic vs Man City. 

Maybe, maybe not. It's a big step up for Benko (and I'm not saying he's not ready for it) Man City could make a monkey of him, rip him to shreds and damage a reforming confidence. It could be 'too much, too soon'. I'm sure BR and his team are weighing up the pros and cons though. Personally, I reckon drafting Amartey in is more likely than Benko. But one or the other will be on the bench.

 

Dropping Ndidi in is another option but one that I don't see happening as I think it overly weakens us in the midfield. And we'll need Ndidi's presence in the middle against Man City. I think as much as poss, you want to keep the team shape otherwise unchanged - so no place for square pegs in round holes. Fofana's place should be taken by a CB - be it Amartey, Benkovic or even Nelson.

 

Longer term (after Saturday) is a different story and discussion now is predependent on us not signing another quality CB - and who knows if that'll happen.

Posted
6 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

no, you spelled it wrong so lose a point

Yeah I was too lazy to look it up..I knew he was danish and had a name that sounded like a security firm 

  • 5 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...