Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Takehiro Tomiyasu

On 19/08/2021 at 12:57, Dahnsouff said:

This is my take from recent interviews, and if as bad we fear with Jonny, I would say another CB is far more important than any other position, especially if we can bring in some on loan for RW. Clearly Rodgers wants another Fofana  lol

Rob Tanner has tweeted that Evans' injury is plantar fasciitis. This may be common knowledge, but it's the first time I've heard it. If that's genuinely all it is, he should make a full recovery. I've had it - it's very painful and unpleasant, but it does go in time. The problem is, it's very difficult to predict when it will go - you just have to wait. He could be back in a few weeks or it could be months.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1

Just now, ClaphamFox said:

Rob Tanner has tweeted that Evans' injury is plantar fasciitis. This may be common knowledge, but it's the first time I've heard this. If that's genuinely all it is, he should make a full recovery. I've had it - it's very painful and unpleasant, but it does go in time. The problem is, it's very to predict when it will go - you just have to wait. He could be back in a few weeks or it could be months.

Not sure if that uncertainty is better or worse than the injury itself to be honest

4 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Rob Tanner has tweeted that Evans' injury is plantar fasciitis. This may be common knowledge, but it's the first time I've heard it. If that's genuinely all it is, he should make a full recovery. I've had it - it's very painful and unpleasant, but it does go in time. The problem is, it's very to predict when it will go - you just have to wait. He could be back in a few weeks or it could be months.

All it is...is slightly unplaying it. It's ruined careers. It's common running injury and I've seen people not able to take a step because of it.  Its very hard to diagnose the actual issue and often because of either multiple things or an generic part of someones running makeup

Edited by TommyK
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Rob Tanner has tweeted that Evans' injury is plantar fasciitis. This may be common knowledge, but it's the first time I've heard it. If that's genuinely all it is, he should make a full recovery. I've had it - it's very painful and unpleasant, but it does go in time. The problem is, it's very to predict when it will go - you just have to wait. He could be back in a few weeks or it could be months.

He’s had it for many many months already ….

I reckon we might get this guy in. U21, Soyuncu contract running down, Evans injured and ageing (and it’s not unreasonable to suggest this injury will plague him from now until he retires).

In a years time we may potentially be looking at Vestergaard and Fofana as first choice pairing with Evans when available from this injury and potentially close to retirement. 

21 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

I reckon we might get this guy in. U21, Soyuncu contract running down, Evans injured and ageing (and it’s not unreasonable to suggest this injury will plague him from now until he retires).

In a years time we may potentially be looking at Vestergaard and Fofana as first choice pairing with Evans when available from this injury and potentially close to retirement. 

Yep. Fofana wont play again this season. Evans is ****ed, I'm not buying hes back after the international break - he was meant to be back for spurs but is still limping. And now vestergaard has done his knee which knowing our luck will have him out for the season as well.

21 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

He’s out of contract at the end of the season, and isn’t good enough. Reckon we could sell Dan if we get someone like this guy in. 

based on us having no fit CB's other than these two, I can't see Amartey being sold even with an additional signing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Can’t believe arsenal are actually buying a proper defender - I guess they’ll soon announce his season long loan to Grampus8 !

Like with Fofana’s mate. Really not the best environment for a young defender to be developing in. 

just listening to sky sports and the "transfer guru" they've got on said he had a text from one of the agents who was trying to find him a move which said "he was offered to most premier league clubs, he's a good player but not really a right back and not sure how he will get on at Arsenal".

and that' s the agent saying it. 

• Haha 3