Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Takehiro Tomiyasu

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Personally I think this guy is a tad overrated and currently not that good. But we need cover not a first team player and he’s young enough to develop. Compared to Jannik he’s got more resale value but I think wouldn’t make nearly the same short term impact. 

Given where we are now with Fofana seems foolish not to get Jannik at the prices quoted. Rather we do a prospect separately. This doesn't seem like a place to take chances.

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Do you think Tomiyasu is that player?

I'd argue that on paper Tomiyasu has a higher ceiling but currently does not have the experience or know-how of Vestergaard. So I don't think Tomiyasu is a player to come in and play 40 games in season one, because I would expect him to make mistakes. What Fofana did was ridiculous, I don't think any defender of that age has ever come in and played like that in Premier League history. Soyuncu took a full season to get going remember. Tomiyasu is older, but to come from Serie A and slot in seamlessly into a top 5 team whilst playing for a mid-table Italian team isn't going to happen. See Dennis Praet as an example of that.

If Fofana wasn't injured and we wanted more depth, Tomiyasu is the better signing. With one of the best CBs in the league in Fofana potentially out for the whole season, we need someone who is ready immediately, which means Vestergaard because Dyche isn't going to allow Tarkowski to leave. 

I don't know if Tomiyasu is that player, I know nothing about him but I do think we need a top first team quality centre back to come in if we don't want to waste this season waiting for players to get fit and hoping we don't get an injury or suspension.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Do you think Tomiyasu is that player?

I'd argue that on paper Tomiyasu has a higher ceiling but currently does not have the experience or know-how of Vestergaard. So I don't think Tomiyasu is a player to come in and play 40 games in season one, because I would expect him to make mistakes. What Fofana did was ridiculous, I don't think any defender of that age has ever come in and played like that in Premier League history. Soyuncu took a full season to get going remember. Tomiyasu is older, but to come from Serie A and slot in seamlessly into a top 5 team whilst playing for a mid-table Italian team isn't going to happen. See Dennis Praet as an example of that.

If Fofana wasn't injured and we wanted more depth, Tomiyasu is the better signing. With one of the best CBs in the league in Fofana potentially out for the whole season, we need someone who is ready immediately, which means Vestergaard because Dyche isn't going to allow Tarkowski to leave. 

We were spoiled with Fofana last season. As you say, quite incredible what he did at that age. We are going to miss him big time. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I don't know if Tomiyasu is that player, I know nothing about him but I do think we need a top first team quality centre back to come in if we don't want to waste this season waiting for players to get fit and hoping we don't get an injury or suspension.

Agreed!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Seems like a quality players I’d give him a chance just like we did with Cags and we all know how he turned out !

....just went on to YouTube and it was hard to understand what position he was supposed to be good at!!!

He looked and played like a Right Winger, he looked good as a Right Back and proficient in the middle of the park. Centre Back would not have been my pick for his best position, because he hardly ever took up that place on the pitch.

Fofana has a tendency to roam and goes forward from the back and Hiro does that even better. It would be very difficult to pigeon hole him but with his technical ability and composure having someone like him in the backline would be a massive plus.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

A very skilled footballer, this fellow.  A bit of a Swiss Army knife across the back line and tidy on the ball.  Not the absolute safest pick for a boring CB for depth, but a lot of upside.

"We've got Tomiyasu on the bench" 

"What position will he be playing?"

"Yes" 

• Haha 3

All very good on the flashy stuff, clearly has a bit of pace, but aeriel duels won 54%. Defensive duels won 62%. :dunno: Surely those numbers are a bit scary

We are looking for a CB who can play in a 2 here, not the Japanese Beckenbauer. The report says he has almost always played in a 3, which I was hoping to avoid now Wes is out.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

All very good on the flashy stuff, clearly has a bit of pace, but aeriel duels won 54%. Defensive duels won 62%. :dunno: Surely those numbers are a bit scary

We are looking for a CB who can play in a 2 here, not the Japanese Beckenbauer. The report says he has almost always played in a 3, which I was hoping to avoid now Wes is out.

WhoScored lists his % of successful tackles much higher last season and he’s rated as Very Strong for aerial duels, he won the 12th-highest number of aerial duels per game in the league last season. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The_77 said:

WhoScored lists his % of successful tackles much higher last season and he’s rated as Very Strong for aerial duels, he won the 12th-highest number of aerial duels per game in the league last season. 

Thanks, I just read the scouting report someone posted. My knowledge of Serie A defenders is minimal.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Thanks, I just read the scouting report someone posted. My knowledge of Serie A defenders is minimal.

All good! If I say anything else positive about the guy on the thread, I’m going to turn into Sidnei Tavares’s dad on here so we’ll just see how this one works out. lol

• Like 1

On 10/08/2021 at 18:22, Foxes1 said:

Wonder if our friends from OHL Leuven know how he plays and if he is any good

He was an absolute beast for STVV in the 2018/2019 season at age 20. Went to Bologna and kept on growing as a player.

Looks like a solid signing in my opinion. 

Edited by Bonanza
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Read today on afew online football news sites that Brendan still interested in him and going to gazump Spurs for him, any truth in this?

Guessing that this guy was one of the original plan before Fofana got injured and Jonny failed his MOT and we had to get Vestergaard in

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, OadbyBlue said:

Looks more of a like-for-like Fofana replacement, only issue is that when Evans and Wes are fit again we will have 5 centre backs all wanting first team football.

Also important to consider Soys contract running down, Fofana likely having a year or so left before he'll be smaller up and Evans not getting any younger, picking up his little injuries a lot more 

17 minutes ago, OadbyBlue said:

Looks more of a like-for-like Fofana replacement, only issue is that when Evans and Wes are fit again we will have 5 centre backs all wanting first team football.

I suppose it depends how long Evans has got left in his legs.. if this is likely to be the final season before he takes on more of a ‘key figure in the dressing room’ role then it would leave us with four first choice CB’s for next year, which is ideal really if we’re still competing on multiple fronts.

We’d still have an experienced head through Vestergaard and would give us time to bed Tomiyasu and give him time to get up to speed in the league, without needing him to make that immediate step up that little Wes miraculously did.