Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Takehiro Tomiyasu

1 hour ago, OadbyBlue said:

Looks more of a like-for-like Fofana replacement, only issue is that when Evans and Wes are fit again we will have 5 centre backs all wanting first team football.

Wes is probably going to be rehabbed properly if we get all of these in. So I wouldn’t expect to see him until next season. By then Evans might have gone and Cags might have even left…. But it means we have plenty of CB to rotate between the league and the EL. 

• Like 1

On 16/08/2021 at 17:26, Pliskin said:

Wes is probably going to be rehabbed properly if we get all of these in. So I wouldn’t expect to see him until next season. By then Evans might have gone and Cags might have even left…. But it means we have plenty of CB to rotate between the league and the EL. 

I think Evans's injury problems aren't getting better, and he is entering the Morgan phase of his career, where the locker room presence is more important. Injuries are going to be a huge issue. Tomiyasu also has speed, which we lost with Fofana's injury.

I'd love to get him I'm-- we can hopefully ship out Benko (although he might benefit from regularly playing with the u23s until the Jan. window) and, forgive me I love the lug, Armartey.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I think Evans's injury problems aren't getting better, and he is entering the Morgan phase of his career, where the locker room presence is more important. Injuries are going to be a huge issue. Tomiyasu also has speed, which we lost with Fofana's injury.

I'd love to get him I'm-- we can hopefully ship out Benko (although he might benefit from regularly playing with the u23s until the Jan. window) and, forgive me I love the lug, Armartey.

Benkovic's stock has fallen so far it's difficult to see who would take him. I feel a bit sorry for the lad - he must be wondering where he goes from here. He posted a picture of him and Iheancho posing with the Community Shield on instagram. I'm sure he'd love to be in contention for the first team but he just doesn't seem to be improving. It's all a bit sad.

55 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Agreed…. Evans has a tricky injury to get over. And like you say we’ve lost a lot of pace now Fofana has gone. We know Brendan likes a back three so this would make sense. I don’t mind, provided we sort something out on the right side in an attacking sense. 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

WHAT ON EARTH ARE PEOPLE ASKING FOR ANOTHER CENTRE HALF FOR?

As I've said before, he's not just a center half - more of a Swiss Army knife.  Can play anywhere in a back five or four, even defensive midfield if needed.  Has a lot of flair and football skills and can make a difference in attack as well as defense.  He'd be an investment in the future, banking on Evans retiring or being Morganed and either Soyuncu or Fofana leaving (though little Wes' injury probably bought us a year, like Ricardo's).

That said, if there's any element of either/or the priority needs to be a wide attacker, period.

Edited by Deeg67

1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

As I've said before, he's not just a center half - more of a Swiss Army knife.  Can play anywhere in a back five or four, even defensive midfield if needed.  Has a lot of flair and football skills and can make a difference in attack as well as defense.  He'd be an investment in the future, banking on Evans retiring or being Morganed and either Soyuncu or Fofana leaving (though little Wes' injury probably bought us a year, like Ricardo's).

That said, if there's any element of either/or the priority needs to be a wide attacker, period.

I like the look of him, I would have preferred him over Vestergaard given how dynamic he is but right now we need a RW and that'll probably be it. Can't see how we fit everyone in the squad otherwise.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Evans is most likely ****ed. I reckon it's bluff that he's back after the international break. As much as I don't mind amartey hes not a Rodgers defender - he can defend but he cant pass.

Right wing is definitely more needed but Rodgers said 1 or 2 so if we can get a winger done and this the squad looks insane.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Evans is most likely ****ed. I reckon it's bluff that he's back after the international break. As much as I don't mind amartey hes not a Rodgers defender - he can defend but he cant pass.

Right wing is definitely more needed but Rodgers said 1 or 2 so if we can get a winger done and this the squad looks insane.

So much needs to happen in the next couple of weeks, we need to ship 4-5 out as well.

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

This is my take from recent interviews, and if as bad we fear with Jonny, I would say another CB is far more important than any other position, especially if we can bring in some on loan for RW. Clearly Rodgers wants another Fofana  lol

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

This is my take from recent interviews, and if as bad we fear with Jonny, I would say another CB is far more important than any other position, especially if we can bring in some on loan for RW. Clearly Rodgers wants another Fofana  lol

We have only gone for Vestergaard because of Fofana's injury. I think they know Evans was going to be out for a few months so didn't feel the need for an established player that would come here and not immediately get any game time. Fofana being injured means we could offer Vestergaard instant football with Evans still a few months away. I queried whether Evans was actually done for but he'll be back by October latest is what seems to be the party line.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

We have only gone for Vestergaard because of Fofana's injury. I think they know Evans was going to be out for a few months so didn't feel the need for an established player that would come here and not immediately get any game time. Fofana being injured means we could offer Vestergaard instant football with Evans still a few months away. I queried whether Evans was actually done for but he'll be back by October latest is what seems to be the party line.

Don`t you think Vestergaard feels more like a Jonny type of player than Fofana? He won't break from defence to release the pressure, but he is solid (ish) and can pass. Saying that I can see both in this weirdo transfer window, if like with Daka and Bouba , the fee/terms can be flexible/future loaded.

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

If your assessment is correct then he sounds very similar to James Justin.  If that's the case then, brilliant though it is to have young talented players who are so flexible with respect to the roles they can fill, I find it hard to work out whether that would be an embarrassment of riches - where would you fit him in when Justin comes back, which is probably not too far away?

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Could be we know Soyuncu isn't going to sign a new contract and we want to bed him in and take advantage of the relaxation of FFP.

The more I look at our business without an out going we wouldn't normally spend this much. So maybe we are looking to invest due to the lack of FFP pressure.

If that is the case we will get a CB and RM.

25 minutes ago, deep blue said:

If your assessment is correct then he sounds very similar to James Justin.  If that's the case then, brilliant though it is to have young talented players who are so flexible with respect to the roles they can fill, I find it hard to work out whether that would be an embarrassment of riches - where would you fit him in when Justin comes back, which is probably not too far away?

It's plenty far away in the sense that Justin isn't likely to be anywhere close to full speed until next season.

As far as Tomiyasu, he's a great guy to have because you don't have to worry about where to fit him - he can start anywhere on the back line and be effective.  I don't think JJ is really a CB even when fully healthy and Tomiyasu is probably best as a fullback, so it's not as if their skills totally overlap.