Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

One track...

Wow. What a topic. Don't think there's a single track I could listen constantly to without hating.

if this was an actual thing would probably go some intensely long and deep classical piece that required multiple listens and complex thought to understand it if I had to make this choice (and research beforehand because I know nothing about classical music).

Off the top of my head I'll go with this as always enjoy this one:

• Like 3

When I saw the thread title, I thought it was about Brendan's tactics.

Only jesting, don't hate on me.

Good question @Buce, Over the years, I've overplayed many a band, then had to banish them from my listening for a time before I could go back to listening to them again. Bands that I love that have been subjected to this treatment include Creedence, Little Feat, The Allman Brothers, among others. I just played them to death and couldn't listen anymore for a while. Thankfully, all were restored at some point and I don't tend to overplay so much these days. Still tough to imagine a song that I wouldn't get sick of in the scenario you've presented though.

The track that entered my head immediately, without any thought put into it, was Marvin Gaye's version of I Heard It Through The Grapevine. Not because the lyrics are thought provoking or the music is fantastic, just because of how Gaye sings it. I think it's the perfect delivery for the words that were written, it's that simple.

Yeah, sorry about the needlessly long answer by the way. I enjoy pontificating about unimportant stuff, it's a failing I have never quite managed to address lol

• Like 4

It'd have be quite a long song to prevent you from going completely insane (I think you would anyway tbh). Long enough that you could focus and isolate different sections to keep it interesting.

Using that criteria I don't think anything tops this

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Stadt said:

It'd have be quite a long song to prevent you from going completely insane (I think you would anyway tbh). Long enough that you could focus and isolate different sections to keep it interesting.

Using that criteria I don't think anything tops this

Oooh this is good!

So I've thought about this and like most have said it's pretty Impossible I reckon. Music is all about mood to me. A song for standing in a crowded pub is different from the one I'm listening to cycling through a deserted city as the sun comes up. A song for the beach or one I'm listing to as I'm driving through some beautiful countryside. But there is one song that fits most moods and it's the first jazz song that ever made me take notice of the genre. 10 minutes of pure joy, to me anyway.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...