Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Do we have 40K fans that want to come every week? I'd say yes. Do we have 40K fans that want to come every week, will pay for a membership and then pay for expensive tickets that they can only get on their mobile? I would be much more skeptical. 

This is absolutely on the money

• Like 1

Interesting discussions and plenty of emotion amongst our fans at the moment about us either moving stadium to Toton or (less likely) redeveloping the City Ground.  

Big problem with redevelopment is we’d need to ground share with someone for 2 years+ while it was done.  Notts County is the obvious candidate but only has 19k capacity.  

I do remember Leicester borrowing the CG for a play off v Portsmouth once - do you think your owners would have us play at the KP on weeks when Leicester are away for a couple of years? 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, ForestAreMagic said:

Interesting discussions and plenty of emotion amongst our fans at the moment about us either moving stadium to Toton or (less likely) redeveloping the City Ground.  

Big problem with redevelopment is we’d need to ground share with someone for 2 years+ while it was done.  Notts County is the obvious candidate but only has 19k capacity.  

I do remember Leicester borrowing the CG for a play off v Portsmouth once - do you think your owners would have us play at the KP on weeks when Leicester are away for a couple of years? 

Just imagining Leicestershire Constabulary reading this .😅

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, ForestAreMagic said:

No, Use pride park.  It's closer to you and there's little or no difference in the level of dislike.....oh by the way, tell us about 1980 again....it's so long since I heard that story from a forest fan

6 minutes ago, los dedos said:

Just imagining Leicestershire Constabulary reading this .😅

It would make loads of sense to both clubs though.  All being well Leicester would be hosting PL games of 30k people every week; meanwhile Forest would be able to stay in their current site long-term.

We’re all adults - I don’t see why 30k Forest fans in Leicester every 2 weeks should be a problem once everyone’s got used to the idea 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rugbyblue said:

No, Use pride park.  It's closer to you and there's little or no difference in the level of dislike.....oh by the way, tell us about 1980 again....it's so long since I heard that story from a forest fan

I think you'll find a huge difference in levels of dislike.

On 11/05/2024 at 13:58, JimmyC74 said:

If we want to progress / compete for European nights again it is vital that we complete the stadium expansion.

We have to increase commercial revenues and the hotels, event / conference locations will help bring in money 24/7/365.

All the more reason for the club to give more information on what they plan.

As far as I can tell it has never been specified if the club will own/operate the hotel and arena, or what this would mean for LCFC’s revenue. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ForestAreMagic said:

How does fook off grab ya ? 

Tell me you're a wum without saying you're a wum. 

Toton would be a mad choice of venue for a new ground for you, way too far from the city centre. It's practically  next to Long Eaton! Similar chatter about LCFC going to Fosse Park at one point was very unpopular amongst the fanbase for how isolated it would be, and even that's probably only half as far as the crow flies.

Guessing the now cancelled HS2 was part of the thinking?  I could understand if it was part of a new transport hub, but Rishi and his ilk are allergic to progress so you can forget that.

50 minutes ago, ForestAreMagic said:

It would make loads of sense to both clubs though.  All being well Leicester would be hosting PL games of 30k people every week; meanwhile Forest would be able to stay in their current site long-term.

We’re all adults - I don’t see why 30k Forest fans in Leicester every 2 weeks should be a problem once everyone’s got used to the idea 

:fishing: :crylaugh:

1 hour ago, OntarioFox said:

Toton would be a mad choice of venue for a new ground for you, way too far from the city centre. It's practically  next to Long Eaton! Similar chatter about LCFC going to Fosse Park at one point was very unpopular amongst the fanbase for how isolated it would be, and even that's probably only half as far as the crow flies.

Guessing the now cancelled HS2 was part of the thinking?  I could understand if it was part of a new transport hub, but Rishi and his ilk are allergic to progress so you can forget that.

Agree.  I reluctantly think we have to move from the CG to get a stadium that generates loads of revenue.  But I don’t see how it can be 6 miles outside Nottingham. 

Yes the local MP for the area, and investors etc, seem to have asked Forest to be part of a wider 15 year regeneration scheme that will replace the abandoned HS2 project.  

2 hours ago, ForestAreMagic said:

probably would make sense to both clubs tbh, especially with our finances, but i'd be surprised the police would allow it, unless massive restrictions

• Like 1