Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

12 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I think its good coaching staff rather than a big fancy training ground that has impact on player development, and I think seagrave has hindered fitness levels as well as disconnected players from the city now they no longer train in the city.

Seagrave is the sort of thing you build perhaps after winning about 10 titles, already have a big enough stadium and have revenue of several hundred million to actually populate it with talent, and even then I would have built it in the city.

Good coaching staff + top notch facilities should produce results but Rodgers has been in charge for the most part and he wasn't a good coach neither was his team.

I think with the right staff it can work, I don't think it matters if its bang in the middle of the city or not and I don't think 10 titles is required we are building for the future.

having a big fancy stadium is hardly going to make the team play better

Edited by whoareyaaa

5 hours ago, Foxes_Trust said:

As posted yesterday .. The club have 5 years to COMMENCE the work from the approval of Section 106 which was confirmed Dec 2023

And if I remember correctly, the 5-year timeframe was at the request of the club (I think it’s normally 3). 

6 hours ago, Oldblueyes said:

Application for building work I think is date stamped. Any long delay will mean going through the whole application process once again.

It’s five years from being approved which is 2028 and they only have to start it. 

4 hours ago, Pita said:

It’s five years from being approved which is 2028 and they only have to start it. 

Sorry I was confused with the info on the net which states: 

When does planning permission expire?

Normally, planning permission is valid for three years from the time the local planning authority grants it. There are exceptions, but they are rare and, if your case is one of them, it should say so clearly in your letter of approval. 

The last part of this quote must apply to our application then?

I think if we get promotion and there's no further news on this you can pretty much assume they're either canning the idea or at least scaling it back. Clubs are allowed infrastructure improvements in their financial allowances (hence Everton's continuing construction at Bramley) so any sanctions or constraints we're under shouldn't otherwise affect it. To get as far as we did with consultations and ridiculously long planning schedules and then just leave it hanging doesn't make much sense.

• 2 weeks later...

What’s the hold up with this, psr doesn’t affect it, the loan has been taken out already, it’s more frustrating than this current title run in. 
Personally I think it should be minimum 45,000, we not only have to want to be the biggest club in the East Midlands but blow the rest out the water 

1 hour ago, bigpapagoldy said:

What’s the hold up with this, psr doesn’t affect it, the loan has been taken out already, it’s more frustrating than this current title run in. 
Personally I think it should be minimum 45,000, we not only have to want to be the biggest club in the East Midlands but blow the rest out the water 

Exactly, Birmingham just bought a new site to build a 60000 seater stadium and are apparently going ahead with it no matter what league they’re in. Has the club decided against it? Hopefully we will hear more at the end of this season 

Edited by Fox1980
  • Like 1

We already are the biggest club in the East Midlands.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bigpapagoldy said:

We’re skint

2 hours ago, bigpapagoldy said:

I imagine it could depend on what the terms of the loan are and how much interest we would be paying

Some of Evertons issues with PSR and the points deductions they are getting is because of the interest on loans for their new stadium

41 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

so they sack eustace for rooney, and now looking at a 60k stadium while they'll probably be in league 1? 

hmm

Seems a long shot as they don't fill their current place!. They have potential given the size of Brum but obviously competition with villa wba wolves all close by

• Like 1

Good points but ain’t no way brum are bigger than us…..and surely we’re a more an attractive club for investment than they are 

Don’t know if you have read up on this? it looks like they are going big to attract World Class competitions and NFL games.With a huge sports village kind of thing to go with it.They want it built yesterday.I admire their ambition even though it sounds like hell to me.It’s probably doomed to failure but I’m afraid there’s more chance of something like this taking of in Britain’s second city than an average place like Leicester.

It would be interesting if the opened a 60,000 seater stadium and made it £10 for all tickets, how many supporters could a team like Birmingham get in? 
A huge population in the city and making it affordable for everyone, could they come close to filling it? 
Get close and it could bring in half a million quid every week? Not that I’d imagine it would happen, but if I was to own a football club and could afford the stadium cost, that’s what I would do. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Having seen a tiny bit of the workings of the club and just how disorganised it all is I would be shocked if this is anywhere close to being any further on.

I'd imagine KP are better organised with this sort of development considering their background and previous builds it's an entirely different set of people running the football club.

43 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

This should have been done immediately after our 2016 title win instead we appear to be no further forward.

Just what is happening?

The design was leaked around 2018, so the club had been working on it from around the time we won the league. Then Vichai died in late 2018 and the pandemic started 18 months later. It got approval in 2021 from the council then we entered the financial chaos imposed on us by the Premier League rules. 

Not ideal but there have been unique obstacles. I do agree that they should start building ASAFP. 

• Like 4