Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

Mad where all our visions for the club were at a few years ago in Europe and looking forward to this and then the financial predicament now and the prospect it might never happen. Could have been a lot worse though I suppose.

17 hours ago, davieG said:

WE haven't even got full planning approval for all the none stadium builds or even outline planning for the EON building it's gonna be a few years before you see any progress on them as I doubt they'd even look at it until the stadium's complete and fully operational.

I thought the KP stance was all or nothing.

So safe to say it's nothing then.

8 hours ago, Sly said:

What does the extra 8,000 - 10,000 seats actually equate to per season, for merchandise, tickets sales etc? Has anyone done the math to work out what the payback actually is? 

The simple costs are the 30 quid a ticket x 10,000 = 300,000 per game x by 19 league games gives you £5.7m per season.

Add to that merch etc.

The other two major add ons are the advertising and sponsorship- paying to be in a 40,000 seater stadium has got to equate to more money than a 32,000.

The other benefits include players choosing between us and other similar size clubs, who doesn’t want to play in front of the biggest crowd possible.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sylofox said:

I thought the KP stance was all or nothing.

So safe to say it's nothing then.

It is but the "all" related to Full Planning for the Stadium and Outline Planning for the rest. There's no detail for the rest just proposals and very much subject to change. A Full Planning application would need to be submitted and approved. Admittedly that's usually more of a walk through but still takes time. It also depends whether the club has finalised it's plans in detail for the rest.

I'm sure they fully intended to get it up and running quickly as they could have waited until the purchase of the EON building was completed but Covid buggered everything up money disappeared, momentum was lost and Rogers happened.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

The simple costs are the 30 quid a ticket x 10,000 = 300,000 per game x by 19 league games gives you £5.7m per season.

Add to that merch etc.

The other two major add ons are the advertising and sponsorship- paying to be in a 40,000 seater stadium has got to equate to more money than a 32,000.

The other benefits include players choosing between us and other similar size clubs, who doesn’t want to play in front of the biggest crowd possible.

There will also be extra hospitality, which is bigger money ticket wise. 

• Like 2

Still think we should have just built a new stadium as we did with the training ground, as other clubs like Everton are doing, Brentford recently and Forest looking into. We've completed football where we are now, and given what happened to Vichai there it would have good to lay it all to rest given the achievements, have a load of memories like statues on the land and start a fresh. Parking is already nightmare and will only get worse the bigger the stadium gets. It won't happen but its a shame.

• Sad 2

10 hours ago, filbertway said:

Investing in infrastructure doesn't count towards FFP.

Got to admire how brainwashed the apologists are.

Did Everton not get into trouble with FFP the first time due to interest on loans on building the stadium?

So unless we got an interest free loan from KP, there would end up being some amount counting towards it

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Where would you build a new stadium? We are so lucky to have our stadium in the shadow of Filbert Street and a short walk from the city centre.

I know it's not suitable to move far away, but we should have at least looked into rebuilding given it was built on the cheap originally and is just a replica of Southamptons. I just think may as well go all out rather than top it up as we're looking to do. We're lucky we've got the Tigers ground not far away which we could have shared for a year whilst it was redone. (Barcelona currently doing this)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Still think we should have just built a new stadium as we did with the training ground, as other clubs like Everton are doing, Brentford recently and Forest looking into. We've completed football where we are now, and given what happened to Vichai there it would have good to lay it all to rest given the achievements, have a load of memories like statues on the land and start a fresh. Parking is already nightmare and will only get worse the bigger the stadium gets. It won't happen but its a shame.

We already have far too much emotion invested in that stadium to move again. I've only just got over the trauma of leaving Filbert Street.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Did Everton not get into trouble with FFP the first time due to interest on loans on building the stadium?

So unless we got an interest free loan from KP, there would end up being some amount counting towards it

Their fans made a big fuss about stadium costs making them fail FFP but IIRC that was Everton's defence whereas the PL said it was on players.

After the PL's behaviour however I definitely don't trust that judgement any more.

23 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

I know it's not suitable to move far away, but we should have at least looked into rebuilding given it was built on the cheap originally and is just a replica of Southamptons. I just think may as well go all out rather than top it up as we're looking to do. We're lucky we've got the Tigers ground not far away which we could have shared for a year whilst it was redone. (Barcelona currently doing this)

Ah I see what you mean. Yes it’s definitely an IKEA flat pack stadium, something that’s not been helped by King Power logos adorning it, rather than pictures of players etc. However, I don’t think we would ever share with Tigers, unless King Power bought them. Plus, dunno if the pitch would be big enough, hence why they used King Power for Rugby World Cup. 

3 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

Tigers wouldn’t be big enough to fit all of our current st holders and has terracing still

On 27/04/2024 at 13:09, niyaminski said:

As a fan I’d genuinely prefer having safe standing in the kop than this expansion which is clearly aimed for cooperate guests.

No concern for fans who cant get season tickets or improving revenue for FFP?  Giving players higher reason to stay at club playing in bigger stadium etc?

We cant stand still.  Even Millwall now have plans to exceed our capacity.

4 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

No concern for fans who cant get season tickets or improving revenue for FFP?  Giving players higher reason to stay at club playing in bigger stadium etc?

I understand what you’re saying but..

- i don’t have a ST myself.

- I’m not sure how many seats would be allocated for STs, however my guess would be a large majority would be for corporate guests.

- The ground barely gets sold out (2 games this season: Cov and Blackburn).

- The club refuse to put games on general sale, so chances are there will be the same demand as there currently is.

- Safe standing would improve the fan participation, create a wall of noise in the Kop (something we desperately need) and help urge the team on to amass as many points as they possibly can - you saw what the singing section meant to them in the last few games of the season.

- it would also be 100x cheaper than the redevelopment.

Im not denying we need a the expansion, we do. All I’m saying is that Safe Standing, to me as a match going fan, would add more to my experience then building a stand for corporate bodies.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Why the hell do Millwall need a ground that big??? It will be around a third full most of the time! They'll be the London equivalent of MK Don's.

• Like 1

On 12/05/2024 at 14:22, MattFox said:

Tigers wouldn’t be big enough to fit all of our current st holders and has terracing still

Couldn't they ask some to take a season out or do a half ST knowing your guaranteed to be a full ST when we're up and running after the development?

If that makes sense 😄