Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If king power genuinely have money to invest in the club then this happens quickly 

it’s one of the few ways that you can spend and generate income that counts towards psr 

Think more they're concerned given Everton are facing charges due to the interest payments on their ground 

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Think more they're concerned given Everton are facing charges due to the interest payments on their ground 

I.think Everton’s issues were more related to claiming back costs pre planning consent (which isn’t allowed) 

if king power finance the development then I suspect there is a way around the interest payment issue - after all I think king power own the stadium 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, niyaminski said:

As a fan I’d genuinely prefer having safe standing in the kop than this expansion which is clearly aimed for cooperate guests.

Safestanding wont increase revenues besides it's not all just about the stadium it's the hotel and arena etc which I'm sure they  plan for them to be profitable.

Guest leatherhead32
On 08/11/2021 at 13:19, urban.spaceman said:

Easy to miss tidbits, part 1

Match Day Use

On match days there is opportunity for events throughout the proposed fan zone, building fan atmosphere and excitement leading up to the match. These events will have an emphasis on sports/football based activities, and interaction with the club retail shop will be vital.

Non-Match Day

Further to its match day uses, there is an opportunity for the proposed fan zone to function throughout the year, creating an exciting new civic hub within the city. The facilities provided by the surrounding buildings allow the fan zone to accommodate a range of potential non match day activities, such as,

1. Sports Events

• Street football

• Basketball

• Drone and robot events

2. Food Festivals

3. Artistic and Cultural events

• Festival of lights (Lumiere London)

• Diwali

• Ramadan/Eid

• Easter

• Christmas Market

• Ice Rink

• Colour Run

4. Cars and antiques show

5. Exhibitions -Open Air

6. Exhibitions under temporary cover

7. Concerts

8. University events

9. Fashion and Textiles shows

10. Carnival

11. Marathon - Start and Finish point

12. Riverside Festival potential extension

non match day great to make use of tha stadium .... match days WHY ffs WHY isn't the match enough for some people,  yes i know its each to own but ain't it a privilege anymore to watch pros play the game for hour n half , 5 mins into games now the crowd start getting tired reason being the youngsters have used up energy outside the ground with this pre match build up bolox. oh im old :mellow:

20 minutes ago, coalvillefox said:

Do we suspect that now we are back in the Premier League the stadium expansion will come back into focus?

Hope so they definitely need to do something for the fans whether is going ahead with stadium expansion or a decent Fan park like other grounds have 

• Like 4

I too believe that now would be a good time to proceed with the ground expansion. This could be used to help with our mitigating circumstances with any points deduction. This will prove at least that we are trying to improve our business plan with increased ticket sales and to reduce our P&S losses. 

Needs to be done ASAP, even if the wider plans come a bit later. The fact this was done before the training ground was crazy. Might not bring in tonnes of extra cash but it will help, especially if those now able to attend are people who don't go often or even tourists (:o) because they'll have a higher propensity to spend in the club shop etc, so that really could ramp up income. More sponsorship at the ground too and a reputational thing that makes the club more attractive.

The full site could then start to bring in some really decent money. Sadly, this is another example of KP getting it wrong with growing the financial future of the club.

• 2 weeks later...

You have to remember that when the plans were submitted,  the interest rate was virtually nil, now its 5.25%. My guess is, is that they're waiting for the rate to come down a bit first.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

You have to remember that when the plans were submitted,  the interest rate was virtually nil, now its 5.25%. My guess is, is that they're waiting for the rate to come down a bit first.

That’s really lettuce down 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

I guess this has been reinforced by the fact Everton's interest on their stadium loans have been included in their FFP

Just now, FLAN said:

That’s really lettuce down 

I imagine it's more to do with contractor/material costs.

I don't think football clubs deal in the same circles as civilians on loans lol 

It'll be a macquarie jobby once we're back in the prem I guess. 

Just now, Spudulike said:

If only it'd been done last season then we'd now be going into new Premier League season with over 40,000 seats. Massive opportunity being wasted. Ger'on'wiv'it.

And maybe a bigger ffp issue?

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

And maybe a bigger ffp issue?

If proof were needed that FFP or PS&R, or whatever, carry sanctions to prevent clubs from growing then this shows it up for the protection racket that it is. Depressing.