Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

3 minutes ago, davieG said:

SEagrave seems more like a vanity project.

Surely Seagrave was a project befitting our Premier League status?

Little did anyone know our slide into the Championship was just around the corner.

• Like 1

Just now, Stadt said:

It’s worth it on the long run but we just did it the wrong way around 

Agree. Ground expansion and improve amenities brings in additional revenue. Training ground doesn't turn Soumare into Kante. In the long run, we hope that we can raise some future stars but these are very long term bets.

50 minutes ago, Stadt said:

It’s worth it on the long run but we just did it the wrong way around 

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

Surely Seagrave was a project befitting our Premier League status?

Little did anyone know our slide into the Championship was just around the corner.

So would a bigger stadium and the extra revenue unlike Seagrave which is a strain on resources I’d imagine. Belvoir Drive was as good as many maybe even better than some and as @Stadt said wrong way around. 

8 hours ago, MPH said:

Fairly sure i read last year that this was on hold until we have prem football again..

Wasnt the previous almost decade stint not good enough then? Feels like an excuse, the best time to do it is now so it doesnt impact a EPL season.  That is of course if KP actually do have money to spend on this.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, iancognito said:

Think it got brought up at a trust meeting or similar and there was a line about whilst PL football wasn't essential for it to go ahead it would ensure a minimal subsidy from King Power if top flight football was in place. I know I haven't just made that up I definitely read it somewhere ☺️

we’re both right. Lol I remember that part you mentioned but , and call me crazy, that was AFTER we had returned to the prem , we would be financially better off to take the hit of getting relegated for a second time..

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

Wasnt the previous almost decade stint not good enough then? Feels like an excuse, the best time to do it is now so it doesnt impact a EPL season.  That is of course if KP actually do have money to spend on this.

3 hours ago, iancognito said:

Think it got brought up at a trust meeting or similar and there was a line about whilst PL football wasn't essential for it to go ahead it would ensure a minimal subsidy from King Power if top flight football was in place. I know I haven't just made that up I definitely read it somewhere ☺️

This isn’t exactly what I remember but this was said by Susan  about a year ago..

City chief executive Susan Whelan said: “Under 12 years of King Power ownership, we have consistently sought to invest in the club’s future and to build from established positions of strength.

“King Power’s unwavering support of the club provides a secure position from which to capitalise on our opportunities.

“However, in order to remain compliant with the game’s regulations both domestically and in Europe – where we aim to compete regularly – our ongoing investment strategy must continue to reflect our underlying revenue progression.

“Our long-term ambition is to achieve this through on-pitch success, the commercial growth that comes with it and through the expansion of our stadium and the development of the associated masterplan.

“In the shorter term, as we look to continue to compete with more established opponents, profits from player trading and continued successful recruitment will continue to feature prominently in our strategy.

“This approach has served us well in the past, bolstering our capability to keep investing in the growth of the club and forming a cornerstone of the most successful era in Leicester City’s history.

https://www.business-live.co.uk/retail-consumer/fresh-hold-up-leicester-city-26413394

We can be hopeful the stadium expansion plans will still go ahead but might be delayed until the club gets itself out of this pickle with the leagues. Whelan & Rudkin are the new laurel & hardy.

image.jpeg.86807477263fae080dc1844551c77a1f.jpeg

7 hours ago, MPH said:

“In the shorter term, as we look to continue to compete with more established opponents, profits from player trading and continued successful recruitment will continue to feature prominently in our strategy

7 hours ago, MPH said:

“ in order to stay compliant “

whoopsie…

Whoops again! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MPH said:

This isn’t exactly what I remember but this was said by Susan  about a year ago..

City chief executive Susan Whelan said: “Under 12 years of King Power ownership, we have consistently sought to invest in the club’s future and to build from established positions of strength.

“King Power’s unwavering support of the club provides a secure position from which to capitalise on our opportunities.

“However, in order to remain compliant with the game’s regulations both domestically and in Europe – where we aim to compete regularly – our ongoing investment strategy must continue to reflect our underlying revenue progression.

“Our long-term ambition is to achieve this through on-pitch success, the commercial growth that comes with it and through the expansion of our stadium and the development of the associated masterplan.

“In the shorter term, as we look to continue to compete with more established opponents, profits from player trading and continued successful recruitment will continue to feature prominently in our strategy.

“This approach has served us well in the past, bolstering our capability to keep investing in the growth of the club and forming a cornerstone of the most successful era in Leicester City’s history.

https://www.business-live.co.uk/retail-consumer/fresh-hold-up-leicester-city-26413394

Masterplan :crylaugh:

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Pita said:

Can’t see the expansion going ahead for four or five years. 

Application for building work I think is date stamped. Any long delay will mean going through the whole application process once again.

43 minutes ago, Oldblueyes said:

Application for building work I think is date stamped. Any long delay will mean going through the whole application process once again.

As posted yesterday .. The club have 5 years to COMMENCE the work from the approval of Section 106 which was confirmed Dec 2023

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Oldblueyes said:

Commencement of the work can be as simple as just digging up a small part of the surrounding tarmac. There's zero chance they let this lapse. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, davieG said:

So would a bigger stadium and the extra revenue unlike Seagrave which is a strain on resources I’d imagine. Belvoir Drive was as good as many maybe even better than some and as @Stadt said wrong way around. 

If we want to develop players and try to sign new players the training ground will play a bigger part than a few extra seats in the stadium, the stadium expansion does nothing really apart from brining in a bit more revenue where the new training ground should produce more talent with the resources available there, which would result in more profits than 10,000 extra seats a week

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

If we want to develop players and try to sign new players the training ground will play a bigger part than a few extra seats in the stadium, the stadium expansion does nothing really apart from brining in a bit more revenue where the new training ground should produce more talent with the resources available there, which would result in more profits than 10,000 extra seats a week

I'm pretty sure Belvoir Drive would have managed that for a few more years.  Having our latest big hope "stolen" from us hardly looks good for the future benefits you mention. Plus it's not just the stadium expansion the whole project is for generating extra revenue I doubt they'd be planning it if they didn't think it was lucrative enough to warrant the outlay.

45 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Place that size with all the staff, must cost at least 15 million a year to run. Could become a massive millstone around our necks for decades. Will it really help us make young players that much better that it pays for itself? Seems to have turned our teams in a bunch of softies to me. On the plus point it looks nice to new signings that we cant afford

10 minutes ago, davieG said:

I'm pretty sure Belvoir Drive would have managed that for a few more years.  Having our latest big hope "stolen" from us hardly looks good for the future benefits you mention. Plus it's not just the stadium expansion the whole project is for generating extra revenue I doubt they'd be planning it if they didn't think it was lucrative enough to warrant the outlay.

Yes I agree that it would help generate more revenue but the training ground was more important imo.

especially with these new FFP rules we will  need to start producing more talent to sell on for a profit and Seagrave allows that.

4 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Place that size with all the staff, must cost at least 15 million a year to run. Could become a massive millstone around our necks for decades. Will it really help us make young players that much better that it pays for itself? Seems to have turned our teams in a bunch of softies to me. On the plus point it looks nice to new signings that we cant afford

How much is the Stadium going to cost and would it really bring that much more revenue, I would rather we have a first class training ground tbh.

I think that's just bad recruitment you can't blame it on the training ground

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

How much is the Stadium going to cost and would it really bring that much more revenue, I would rather we have a first class training ground tbh.

I think that's just bad recruitment you can't blame it on the training ground

I think its good coaching staff rather than a big fancy training ground that has impact on player development, and I think seagrave has hindered fitness levels as well as disconnected players from the city now they no longer train in the city.

Seagrave is the sort of thing you build perhaps after winning about 10 titles, already have a big enough stadium and have revenue of several hundred million to actually populate it with talent, and even then I would have built it in the city.