Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

If interest from loans for this kind of stuff is included in FFP, I feel as though we've missed our opportunity.

I believe that interest and other costs are deductible from psr after full planning permission is granted 

I’m not certain if that’s the case in the efl where rules over asset sales etc are different to the epl which may be another reason why we appeared to do nothing this year 

• Like 1

This is an excellent opportunity to provide multiple all year round income streams.

It's not wholly about the stadium, but the development of the entire estate.. which KP have some experience in.

Anyway.. I've been waiting for the right moment for this.. so here goes..

"If you build it, they will come"

Right.. back to the beach bar!!

• Haha 1

Just now, Spudulike said:

Not sure how they can demonstrate that. We can go from top 6 to relegation in two seasons. We could wait forever for the 'right' time.

Yes you’re right we certainly have demonstrated that. The point was more we probably won’t see any movement this season and it would probably take us looking comfortable 18 months in, before it’s thought about.

15 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Unless we demonstrate signs of another nine/ten year stay in the premier league within the first 18 months, this won’t happen, certainly not to the extent that was advertised initially. 

I think it'll be sooner than that. 

7 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

I know we were top of the league for most of the season, but we've just averaged over 31k in the second tier- the club has grown and the days of scraping 20k are a thing of the past. Get it done before we lose a generation.

100 per cent this

3 hours ago, AjcW said:

I imagine it's more to do with contractor/material costs.

I don't think football clubs deal in the same circles as civilians on loans lol 

It'll be a macquarie jobby once we're back in the prem I guess. 

Just laugh at my pathetic jokes next time please 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Webbo said:

You have to remember that when the plans were submitted,  the interest rate was virtually nil, now its 5.25%. My guess is, is that they're waiting for the rate to come down a bit first.

They could look at foreign banks then.

They’ve never said how exactly the project would be funded, right? 

I think the only way it gets done is through a loan from KPI (like Seagrave)

If they were hoping on bank financing I just can’t see them taking the plunge (even if it doesn’t count towards PSR) 

Hope to be proved wrong, of course 

18 hours ago, leicesterseddon said:

If they were hoping on bank financing I just can’t see them taking the plunge (even if it doesn’t count towards PSR) 

I hope you are proved wrong for sure

this expansion is vital for us imho

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

If we want to progress / compete for European nights again it is vital that we complete the stadium expansion.

We have to increase commercial revenues and the hotels, event / conference locations will help bring in money 24/7/365.

100 per cent agree

19 hours ago, leicesterseddon said:

Didn't we borrow money for it a while ago ? I'm sure it was way before relegation that Kevin Maguire the football finance put something on Twitter about it .

Maybe I dreamt it 🤷‍♂️😅

42 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

If we want to progress / compete for European nights again it is vital that we complete the stadium expansion.

We have to increase commercial revenues and the hotels, event / conference locations will help bring in money 24/7/365.

WE haven't even got full planning approval for all the none stadium builds or even outline planning for the EON building it's gonna be a few years before you see any progress on them as I doubt they'd even look at it until the stadium's complete and fully operational.

• Like 1

The danger with kicking the can down the road is that construction costs only ever rise. There will never be a perfect time to do it.

If the Stadium build is delayed due to PSR you have to wonder when our finances will be in a position to begin the spade work.

• Like 2

We’ll probably see some slight traction after we’ve secured premier league safety next season. I know if it were my money id wanna reduce the risk. Here’s hoping to a mid table/top 6 finish euro conf place 😜🤞🏽🤞🏽

1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

We’ll probably see some slight traction after we’ve secured premier league safety next season. I know if it were my money id wanna reduce the risk. Here’s hoping to a mid table/top 6 finish euro conf place 😜🤞🏽🤞🏽

I understand that logic, but equally, having just spent a season in the Championship with a season average capacity in the upper ninety percents, they just need to crack on!

There is risk in everything we do, and if they run the Club as incompetently as they have in the last 2 years then more seasons in the Championship await, but if KP are true to their word in terms of their ambitions, then it’s imperative they get on with the expansion, and arguably more importantly, the wider development outside of the stadium so that we can grow our revenues to make us more competitive.

What does the extra 8,000 - 10,000 seats actually equate to per season, for merchandise, tickets sales etc? Has anyone done the math to work out what the payback actually is?