Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JamboFox1884

Songs that don't make sense

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Wrote it when he was 21 recorded it when he was 22...its a line about time moving on, always made sense to me.:dunno:

That throws up further questions to me though🤣 what was the oiginal lyric before he recorded it? On subsequent live  performances did he adjust it? Thatswithout even contemplating Kirsty McCol's cover version 😣

32 minutes ago, Flamey said:

That throws up further questions to me though🤣 what was the oiginal lyric before he recorded it? On subsequent live  performances did he adjust it? Thatswithout even contemplating Kirsty McCol's cover version 😣

It's actually taken from a Paul simon song.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

It's actually taken from a Paul simon song.

3 hours ago, Flamey said:

Holy 💩! How did I miss that!!! 😳 

"Leaves That Are Green" by Simon and Garfunkel, obviously written by Simon as they were.

This blew my mind as well. I'm a big Paul Simon fan and picked up the Sounds of Silence album for a couple quid. This particular song is track 2 and I couldn't believe it when I heard it!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

"Leaves That Are Green" by Simon and Garfunkel, obviously written by Simon as they were.

This blew my mind as well. I'm a big Paul Simon fan and picked up the Sounds of Silence album for a couple quid. This particular song is track 2 and I couldn't believe it when I heard it!

Embarrassing that I must have heard it many times by S&G ....and still never made the connection!:facepalm:thanks @purpleronnie for making my brain melt....:frantics:

• Like 1