Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

Most visited ground

Strangely for me I'll go for London Road as I think I've been there four times.  I think out of pure coincidence, our away games for Peterborough coincided with "lads weekends" where we'd go to an away game as it's reasonably convenient to get to.  Really liked it there, complete tip but great to be on a terrace. 

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

Weird how often Palace has cropped up. I suppose we've been in the same league for most of the last 30 years

That's made me wonder who our most faced opposition is. Crystal Palace probably are it - 2013/14 the last season we weren't in their league, even when were in League One we got them in the cup.

5 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

That's made me wonder who our most faced opposition is. Crystal Palace probably are it - 2013/14 the last season we weren't in their league, even when were in League One we got them in the cup.

I'm sure I read somewhere that over our whole history it's Arsenal that we've played the most.

15 hours ago, Asha said:

Cracking topic. Mine is quite unique I think, cause since living in Leicester I've lived in various places and always followed the local team.

After the King Power, my visited grounds are:

Rodney Parade (Newport County) - 27 times

Nissan Stadium (Yokohama F. Marinos) - 20 times

Kolporter Arena (Korona Kielce) - 9 times

Městský Stadion Srbská (Zbrojovka Brno) - 9 times

I've been to 70 different grounds in total (45 in the UK). I've also been to Moss Rose in Macclesfield 6 times, and Slovan Bratislava more than Coventry or Derby. lol 

You've lived in Kielce? Crazy! I've been there quite a few times for work. Not too many non Poles there! Might try and get down the ground next time I'm there.

34 minutes ago, brockmyster said:

For some reason it's Oakwell, what a depressing town to have gone back to time and time again lol

Yeah Barnsley is tough now. Used to be about 15-20 years ago unreal for a drink apparently. Barnsley folk im sure though are the friendliest people going.

Do love that first view of Oakwell over the top of the hill from the train station.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I really liked Parken, cracking ground. I almost went back for a Volbeat gig a couple years ago but it sold out too quickly. From the video it looked like a good venue for that, too. 

Its a concrete monster really. The playing field is awful and has been for years. Too less light, too many concerts and apparently poor maintenance has turned it into an awful football pitch. Not a very good concert venue either as the quality of sound is bad and the sound "swerves" around the stadium.

On 08/12/2021 at 11:01, Stadt said:

Weird how often Palace has cropped up. I suppose we've been in the same league for most of the last 30 years

On 08/12/2021 at 13:54, Dan LCFC said:

You can factor in 90s league and Cup games against Wimbledon too if you're old enough.

Got me thinking about the different sections of grounds you can end up in too. I've been in three different areas at Palace (though only two stands), think you could have done three different stands at Leeds if you'd been enough though? Anywhere else?

13 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

You can factor in 90s league and Cup games against Wimbledon too if you're old enough.

Got me thinking about the different sections of grounds you can end up in too. I've been in three different areas at Palace (though only two stands), think you could have done three different stands at Leeds if you'd been enough though? Anywhere else?

Yeah I've been in three different stands at Leeds (current away end, the corner and behind the goal).

I've done three at Villa Park too (current away end, behind the goal lower tier which was the old away end and behind the goal upper tier for FA Cup under Pearson).

edit: There's plenty I've done in two stands where the club have moved the away end. Off the top of my head I can think of Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Wolves and Derby.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, TheStig said:

a concrete monster really

I think that's why I liked it though. Very square, steep sides, has quite an imposing feel to it. Probably helps that I was near the front of the lower tier but it made it feel bigger than it is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

I've been to Bury three times and was in a different stand every time. Don't think there's any other ground where I can say that about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Yeah I've been in three different stands at Leeds (current away end, the corner and behind the goal).

I've done three at Villa Park too (current away end, behind the goal lower tier which was the old away end and behind the goal upper tier for FA Cup under Pearson).

edit: There's plenty I've done in two stands where the club have moved the away end. Off the top of my head I can think of Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Wolves and Derby.

Yeah, forgot about Villa! In the same boat there too. Need to get FA Cup semi-finals back there so we can complete the set. Would love to stand on the Holte for that!

• Like 1

I did Villa Park and Hillsborough 5-6 times before I was 20. 

It was infuriating that I didn't see a win at Hillsborough until my 5th and Villa Park until my 6th.

Same with florist. It was my 6th by the time I saw a win.

Anfield, however, two wins and a draw out of 3 visits before I was 20 :yahoo: