Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
messerschmitt

It's been a long time since I'ce felt this bad as a Leicester supporter.

42 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Give over.

We've been dumped out of the FA Cup by Newport County and Milwall, the latter of which when we were defending league Champions. 

We were in a relegation battle under Ranieri and Shakespeare.

We're 11th in the Premier League and have been knocked out of the Europa League.

Hate to see your reaction when we do eventually get relegated.

He won't be alive to start a thread 😆😆

The issue is that in the past we have been rubbish because the players were generally rubbish so it was poor and expectations were minimal.

On paper this is a talented squad woefully under performing and a manager who doesn’t appear sure on how to get back to basics.

Obviously it’s not the worse time I’ve had following Leicester, perhaps just one of the most disappointing with the future looking uncertain, that said we won the cup a few months ago so in perspective I hope this is just a blip and we bounce back in 2022

Just now, whetstonefox said:

The issue is that in the past we have been rubbish because the players were generally rubbish so it was poor and expectations were minimal.

On paper this is a talented squad woefully under performing and a manager who doesn’t appear sure on how to get back to basics.

Obviously it’s not the worse time I’ve had following Leicester, perhaps just one of the most disappointing with the future looking uncertain, that said we won the cup a few months ago so in perspective I hope this is just a blip and we bounce back in 2022

Believe me, it was generally more fun when we weren’t much good. Getting promotion under Brian Little, and MON was brilliant because we were getting the best out of players like Walsh, Elliott, Guppy etc. 
‘I think you hit the nail on the head. When you look at our squad now, you know we are under-performing. Which makes people more angry. 

• Like 1

With this team, relative to their obvious ability, it's pretty dismal. 

But... if being 11th in the League, and in European knockout competition, of sorts, is the new low point, then it shows how good we've had it. We will go again.

I'm off to the ashes thread to try and find some optimism

:ph34r:

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Wow you must be so proud. 

Don't have to relish in the clubs misery so much. 

Jesus christ it was a passing comment.

I'm as pissed as most, think i've made that clear for a fair few months+

Surprised at how its snowballing now.

Don't be so precious.

14 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I keep seeing "best squad we've ever had" and don't know where that is coming from.

I'd take Ranieri's 15/16 PL winning squad any day over this lot.

Other than the first 11 there wasn’t a lot else, we was very fortunate with injuries in 15/16

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

As said elsewhere surprised people have taken the result that badly, the stinking performance in Warsaw was really worthy of criticism and embarrassment. 

Agreed. I always thought we'd lose in Naples. Regardless of their strength tonight it was the Warsaw result that cost us.

Lowest point was all the relegations from  the 70s to now.Especially to league one!

Also being dumped out the FA Cup when everyone really cared about it.

And when we lost or sold our best players and managers.

And nearly folding due to insolvency.

This is just a wobble by a fair team who have got stale and had too many injuries.

The manager is also stale but could pull us through.This is nothing let's hope it doesn't get worse and we could be lifting a cup in Albania in May!

• Like 1

Just now, Fox92 said:

So is every other club that wins the league.

We basically played an unchanged side, we had a formula and it worked, but we got very lucky with injuries, our back up midfielders and strikers are not as good as we have now, only the defence you could say was better.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dayday said:

We basically played an unchanged side, we had a formula and it worked, but we got very lucky with injuries, our back up midfielders and strikers are not as good as we have now, only the defence you could say was better.

But our first team is better than now and that was my point. Barnes and whoever is playing right midfield are nowhere near Mahrez's level and never will be. Vardy was younger. Kante is better than any central midfielder we have now. Fuchs was better than Bertrand and Simpson was a better defender than Castagne is.

That team had backbone too. We wouldn't go to Spurs now and win 0-1.

Outside of our first team now we haven't got that much quality. No good right winger. Soyuncu is no replacement for Fofona. We can't replace Youri or N'didi.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

I went to watch us draw 0-0 at home with Lincoln City in the Johnston’s Paint Trophy not that long ago. On a weeknight. 

Right now is really shit, but it’s not that shit. 

It is perspective, these players are better… if we just look at the worst times then why try to progress? 

2016/17 was incredibly depressing, to go from winning the title to what looked like odds-on relegation. This current spell is incredibly frustrating but we're not completely hopeless as we were then. 

Edited by bovril
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

But our first team is better than now and that was my point. Barnes and whoever is playing right midfield are nowhere near Mahrez's level and never will be. Vardy was younger. Kante is better than any central midfielder we have now. Fuchs was better than Bertrand and Simpson was a better defender than Castagne is.

That team had backbone too. We wouldn't go to Spurs now and win 0-1.

Outside of our first team now we haven't got that much quality. No good right winger. Soyuncu is no replacement for Fofona. We can't replace Youri or N'didi.

I think people underestimate how good Huth was as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

It is perspective, these players are better… if we just look at the worst times then why try to progress? 

Oh I agree, but playing in Europe this season, FA Cup holders, it’s not THAT bad. Rodgers should go IMO, this squad is better than our form on the whole since January. 

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Give over.

We've been dumped out of the FA Cup by Newport County and Milwall, the latter of which when we were defending league Champions. 

We were in a relegation battle under Ranieri and Shakespeare.

We're 11th in the Premier League and have been knocked out of the Europa League.

Hate to see your reaction when we do eventually get relegated.

This was worst footballing night for club since Watford play-offs. It’s the fact we won’t be back here for ages, cannot just get over it. Might not be in a proper European competition again this decade

lets be honest about the club, we could easily turn into a Southampton just waiting to get relegated. Tonight was the reminder of who we are as a football club and it effing hurt 

56 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

As said elsewhere surprised people have taken the result that badly, the stinking performance in Warsaw was really worthy of criticism and embarrassment. 

Yeah certainly not lost tonight. Plenty of opportunities to get this done, throwing the lead to Napoli at home at the start, Warsaw away, etc. Always going to be up against it away in Naples. 

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

I keep seeing "best squad we've ever had" and don't know where that is coming from.

I'd take Ranieri's 15/16 PL winning squad any day over this lot.

So you're missing Mahrez and Kante who are genuine world class players, and a slightly less effective Vardy but pretty much every other player is more talented.

The title winning squad was players at their maximum, coached really well and had heart and desire in spades. But we had almost no injuries so the depth of that squad was never really tested. This team has 2 quality options for almost every position and yet they can't do the basics.