Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
messerschmitt

It's been a long time since I'ce felt this bad as a Leicester supporter.

8 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Boo hoo man up. Sometimes your football team is good sometimes it's completely fuching shit. Try not to get too low when they are the latter. 

Imagine how a Sunderland fan feels. 

I've been through loads of lows as a City fan but this seems different.

Just now, messerschmitt said:

I'm 56 and been a fan since I was 5 I'm just telling you how I feel

You've been through some unbelievably tough times then. 

Bournemouth away only 2 seasons ago was worse than this. Losing our grip on champs league football in the past two season is worse.

The absolute pony we were playing towards the end of the Ranieri era was worse.

It's bad but come on lighten up. 

• Like 3

Just now, goose2010 said:

You've been through some unbelievably tough times then. 

Bournemouth away only 2 seasons ago was worse than this. Losing our grip on champs league football in the past two season is worse.

The absolute pony we were playing towards the end of the Ranieri era was worse.

It's bad but come on lighten up. 

Yep maybe I'm over reacting but all those other times seemed different.

22 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Give over.

We've been dumped out of the FA Cup by Newport County and Milwall, the latter of which when we were defending league Champions. 

We were in a relegation battle under Ranieri and Shakespeare.

We're 11th in the Premier League and have been knocked out of the Europa League.

Hate to see your reaction when we do eventually get relegated.

I think he’s referring to the way it’s  gone to shit, 2 seasons ago pressing like mad, quick incisive passing , now we have this passive borIng football and a defence that cannot defend for toffee.

• Like 1

I felt pretty awful in a pub abroad somewhere watching Leicester draw to Stoke and us going down to League 1 while they went up to the premiership, or watching Knokaert miss a penalty, head in hands and not even seeing Deeneys winner, doesn't even register on a disappointment level this, we move on, not good enough so got what we deserved. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

I don't agree with the OP but I do kind of understand. Best squad we've ever had but repeated failings on and off the field have hampered us, and it doesn't feel like anything is due to change soon so can make you feel pretty hopeless.

I keep seeing "best squad we've ever had" and don't know where that is coming from.

I'd take Ranieri's 15/16 PL winning squad any day over this lot.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dayday said:

I think he’s referring to the way it’s  gone to shit, 2 seasons ago pressing like mad, quick incisive passing , now we have this passive borIng football and a defence that cannot defend for toffee.

Agreed something is wrong. But put some perspective on it. 

Players looked like they didn't give a shit under Ranieri in his second season and we were actually in the relegation zone then (as defending Champions). Much worse than now.

13 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

I've been through loads of lows as a City fan but this seems different.

Then you'll remember the days when we were so starved of success and a trophy that we took 10,000 to Notts County in the pissing rain in the hope of winning the mighty Zenith Data Systems Cup.

You can't tell me that right now feels worse than the Pleat years surely.

Just now, Fox92 said:

Agreed something is wrong. But put some perspective on it. 

Players looked like they didn't give a shit under Ranieri in his second season and we were actually in the relegation zone then (as defending Champions). Much worse than now.

You usually make sense, so how long do you give it? I know you don’t think we’ll be in a relegation dogfight, but would you retain Rodgers if it comes to that?

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

Then you'll remember the days when we were so starved of success and a trophy that we took 10,000 to Notts County in the pissing rain in the hope of winning the mighty Zenith Data Systems Cup.

You can't tell me that right now feels worse than the Pleat years surely.

I was there bud… enjoyed that more than this tbf

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

I was there bud… enjoyed that more than this tbf

Yeah me too mate, it was a great night.

Weird though how we can look back at when we were truly shit and say we enjoyed it but not enjoy being mid table in the premier league and in Europe.

I guess it's all relative...

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

You usually make sense, so how long do you give it? I know you don’t think we’ll be in a relegation dogfight, but would you retain Rodgers if it comes to that?

I'm just not a fan of binning a manager when he's delivered so much and is going through one poor season (or currently half season). Sacking a manager after a poor run doesn't get you anywhere otherwise we will eventually be in a relegation dogfight. 

If we were genuinely in the relegation zone then of course I'd be supportive of sacking similar to I was with Ranieri and Shakespeare. Even though we were shit under Ranieri I supported him for a long time (it was the Millwall game in the FA Cup which changed my mind).

Thing is I also don't trust the board with appointments. Only Rodgers, Ranieri and Pearson have been successful (and I don't really count Pearson as he was here previously and wanted to come back).