Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
messerschmitt

It's been a long time since I'ce felt this bad as a Leicester supporter.

Just now, dmayne7 said:

So you're missing Mahrez and Kante who are genuine world class players, and a slightly less effective Vardy but pretty much every other player is more talented.

The title winning squad was players at their maximum, coached really well and had heart and desire in spades. But we had almost no injuries so the depth of that squad was never really tested. This team has 2 quality options for almost every position and yet they can't do the basics.

Part of me agrees but it's getting increasingly difficult to believe in their quality

• Like 2

9 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

So you're missing Mahrez and Kante who are genuine world class players, and a slightly less effective Vardy but pretty much every other player is more talented.

The title winning squad was players at their maximum, coached really well and had heart and desire in spades. But we had almost no injuries so the depth of that squad was never really tested. This team has 2 quality options for almost every position and yet they can't do the basics.

Dunno about "more talented" in all honesty and that's my point. Yes they were playing at their maximum but I would say they were coached better than this team are. I don't agree that this team has 2 quality options for "almost every position" either. We haven't even got one quality winger for starters. Take Ndidi and Tielemens out the team and we lack quality in central midfield. Defence is probably our best area for good backup options. I think people really overrate the team we have now.

Soyuncu might be better on the ball than Huth but he isn't a better defender, and he's in the team to defend. Castagne is better than Simpson going forward but, again, not a better defender. Also Drinkwater was really really good and people forget this.

The injuries thing applies to nearly every team that wins a league title. It's not just us. 

• Like 1

I think the trouble is our confidence, as fans, has also dropped alongside the players.  I hope the crowd is loud and behind the team on Sunday.  I'm desperate for them to turn it around and it's sad to see them so devoid of confidence and form. Let's hope Sunday is a turning point 🤞🙏

It’s far from one of our lowest points but it might well be one of the most frustrating, obviously we’ve had worse teams than this one but the difference is we know this teams good enough to be where we want to they’re just not showing it in the slightest. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Boring, unmotivated and incompetent. What’s not to like ? 

Ive seen this being thrown about on here and im genuinely curious why people are thinking it? 

Im not seeing that at all. Im seeing a team that cant defend and if anything are overtrying. We have players that struggle under pressure, thats the problem. When they care too much, it ends in silly mistakes, poor decisions and very gifted footballers that suddenly cant pass a ball. 

Why people seem to think this form is because our player arent trying, or dont care.. I just dont understand. 

I think part of the reason we keep conceding from corners is phycological at this point. They all look terrified every single time the ball goes out, they just fear the headlines of conceding yet another corner... its got to a point where that fear is affecting them so much that they simply cant focus on their jobs. 

For those of you that have played the game at any form of level, youll know that there is a natural element of pressure... as a kid you often just try to get the ball away from you as soon as you can. If youve ever had the misfortune of making a mistake in a game, youll know what I mean about that type of pressure hanging over you. Its the same as a striker who misses an open goal, it suddenly becomes a daunting prospect to get a chance in the same game because you are so worried about missing again.  

Edited by Lambert09

4 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Ive seen this being thrown about on here and im genuinely curious why people are thinking it? 

Im not seeing that at all. Im seeing a team that cant defend and if anything are overtrying. We have players that struggle under pressure, thats the problem. When they care too much, it ends in silly mistakes, poor decisions and very gifted footballers that suddenly cant pass a ball. 

Why people seem to think this form is because our player arent trying, or dont care.. I just dont understand. 

I think part of the reason we keep conceding from corners is phycological at this point. They all look terrified every single time the ball goes out, they just fear the headlines of conceding yet another corner... its got to a point where that fear is affecting them so much that they simply cant focus on their jobs. 

For those of you that have played the game at any form of level, youll know that there is a natural element of pressure... as a kid you often just try to get the ball away from you as soon as you can. If youve ever had the misfortune of making a mistake in a game, youll know what I mean about that type of pressure hanging over you. Its the same as a striker who misses an open goal, it suddenly becomes a daunting prospect to get a chance in the same game because you are so worried about missing again.  

Unmotivated because there are players who just fail to do the basics that we know they are capable of, whether that be close down, track back or attempt to block a cross. A lot of our defending seems so pedestrian. This is a team problem not just that of the defenders. 

I've got to the point where I'm watching the games because it's the done thing, really don't care about how the game goes and just laugh when we concede. Completely sapped of interest and I really don't blame the players if they are as well. 

When the only thing you see is a little nutter with perfect teeth, manically smiling and clapping regardless of what happens on the pitch, it must be hard to find motivation after a while.

Rodgers or not, the players, crowd and club in general need a lift. Might be time for another Top special to get everyone geed up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

I've got to the point where I'm watching the games because it's the done thing, really don't care about how the game goes and just laugh when we concede. Completely sapped of interest and I really don't blame the players if they are as well. 

When the only thing you see is a little nutter with perfect teeth, manically smiling and clapping regardless of what happens on the pitch, it must be hard to find motivation after a while.

Rodgers or not, the players, crowd and club in general need a lift. Might be time for another Top special to get everyone geed up.

lol

20 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Give over.

We've been dumped out of the FA Cup by Newport County and Milwall, the latter of which when we were defending league Champions. 

We were in a relegation battle under Ranieri and Shakespeare.

We're 11th in the Premier League and have been knocked out of the Europa League.

Hate to see your reaction when we do eventually get relegated.

Probably sooner than you think then , at this rate.:blink:

At least in the Ranieri second season we had a good Champions League run to off-set the poor league form. If you aren't great in the league you need something else.

Yes, it has been far worse. Yes, we'll probably look back in years and say we overreacted but it's such a shame another European opportunity has been wasted.

I'm quite disillusioned with many aspects of football overall which doesn't help.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Sometimes you have to take a couple of steps backwards to more forwards again. I feel incredibly lucky to see out team week in week out with the quality players we have. Most of the supporters in the land would swop their squad for ours.

Yes we are going through a rough patch. I put it down to confidence more than anything. We are playing with fear at the minute but quality will always show through and we will come out of this on the other side.

We just need to string a few results together and the momentum and confidence will come flooding back.

These are the times when the fans become incredibly important to a club and can act as a 12th man. Get behind the team starting on Sunday and drive them forward.

Nobody likes to see out team lose and there is nothing like walking into work on a Monday morning with City winning at the weekend.

As bad as it seems this morning put things into perspective and it's not all doom and gloom. 

The ups and downs are part of a fans life.

Keep the faith. 

You’ve gone some way to redeeming yourself for telling us all Kante wasn’t leaving the club

👍

10 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Sometimes you have to take a couple of steps backwards to more forwards again. I feel incredibly lucky to see out team week in week out with the quality players we have. Most of the supporters in the land would swop their squad for ours.

Yes we are going through a rough patch. I put it down to confidence more than anything. We are playing with fear at the minute but quality will always show through and we will come out of this on the other side.

We just need to string a few results together and the momentum and confidence will come flooding back.

These are the times when the fans become incredibly important to a club and can act as a 12th man. Get behind the team starting on Sunday and drive them forward.

Nobody likes to see out team lose and there is nothing like walking into work on a Monday morning with City winning at the weekend.

As bad as it seems this morning put things into perspective and it's not all doom and gloom. 

The ups and downs are part of a fans life.

Keep the faith. 

We won two on the bounce the other week and then quickly went back to being shit though.