Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Liverpool vs LCFC (EFL Cup) - Match Thread

2 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

Liverpool play that defensive high line so I’m hoping Vardy and Daka will be able to spring the trap from a Maddison or Tielemans nine iron pass 

Klopp rarely deviates from the high line even when playing weakened sides. They will focus on pressing our midfield and cutting out the passing lines

8 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

I think I'd have started Iheanacho instead of Daka. Only because I don't see Vardy and Daka as a pair and we know Ian and Vardy can work 

This is exactly the reason I would start daka. A good opportunity for them to find a way to play together. Both in great form, if they can combine just imagine how lethal we could be 

• Like 1

Losing tonight is surely the final straw?

Would be far more embarrassing than losing at Newport.

I don't understand the 'Praise' for Rodgers selecting a strong side....

He's doing it because he's under pressure, and likely sees winning this cup as his only chance of keeping his job.

4 minutes ago, steveherbe said:

BBC reckon Soumare is playing CB with Cags. They must be right, cos the BBC never get anything wrong do they?

Two mentions of 'BBC' in a comment about Soumare....And also mentioning the already known well endowed Soyuncu, am I reading too much into this?

28 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It's not a C team with those seniors in it though is it? 

It's a mix of A B & C, the accountant in me and the prudent view would be to take the worst case scenario (like Neil Ferguson) and go with thr recommendation of a C Team.

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Some of you really struggle with lateral thinking. Losing this game during a season of under performance would be a similar low to Puel when he lost vs Newport and we all knew it was when not if that he would be getting binned. Huge game tonight, win it and I think we are seeing the sprouts of something once again, lose it and it may well be the end. 

Hes nowhere near losing his job. We were 8th before we stopped. It's a ludicrous comparison but if people really think that Liverpool lineup is woeful because they haven't heard of a couple of players then it backs up my theory that the last two years have just left our fanbase beyond entitled.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Can’t help but think Rodgers would now wish he’d gone a little less strong?

Win, win early & rotate

Nah, there are five subs allowed. Pérez, Iheanacho, and Lookman probably still recovering, so wouldn't start them. Hopefully, get it done early, but I expect all five subs will be used around the 60-75 mark, no matter what the score.

Winnable.

But wont be surprised if the Scousers do it with some tw@tty VAR decision!!

Just ho for it, nothing much to.lose.

Brendan isnt getting sacked for losing to Liverpool  in the League Cup FFS.

• Like 1