Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

On 03/06/2022 at 18:16, Lad1966 said:

This transfer window is going to hurt us. With Newcastle financial power and Aston Villa ambitious signing i think its going to be very hard for us to attract the players to replace the players we are going to lose and rebalance our 1st team. We don’t have the financial powers to match our ambitions for the club. Infrastructure improvements should continue as I believe this will also help the profile of the club, as well as bring in extra revenue. I can’t see us going mad in the next few transfer markets. It might be time to going back to looking for bargains in the lower leagues and/or developing / promoting our youth. Either way we as fans will need to show our patience, as i think next season will be a bumpy  ride for us

The issue for us is Newcastle. They’re not competing with the likes of Man City yet, they’re competing with us. Which is why we’ve got to be ultra quiet with our transfers, and not allow any leaks at all. 

Jusy picking names out of the air, is we went for Tarky for example, Newcastle could easily trump us financially, and he would probably go to them over us. 

A top 6 finish for Newcastle is easily achievable, they’re a genuine threat to our business this summer. 

• Like 3

We are shopping in a different market to the likes of Spurs / Arsenal / Man U and hopefully our scouting network can find players who can improve us.

There are sure to be some gems / bargains out there e.g. Coufal £5.4m, Souchek £15m, Mahrez, Kante etc etc.

I suspect there won’t be many De Ketelaere type signings and a few names some of us haven’t heard of.

• Like 1

Plenty of players ‘linked’ to us 

of course there are

we need to have players identified for every position on the pitch. and some of those positions are considered higher priority so we should have made contact with their agent to identify a package that they their client would accept.  The lower priority positions are those where we don’t have a need for a player but we need to have targets identified in case someone comes in with a knock out bid for a player we currently have no intentions of selling.  

and where we have made contact to discuss indicative personal terms - it could be that we’ve done this with several players for that position. The agent could decide to leak that information (for any number of reasons).  Does that mean we really are looking at that player ?  Yes. But is he our first choice or our fourth?  Hence the unreliability of transfer rumours!  

• Like 1

On 06/06/2022 at 11:55, moore_94 said:

Pretty random rumour I came across when snooping on a Preston forum to see if they had anything about Iversen

Someone on there has apparently heard that we are going to sign Plymouth’s 22 year old keeper Michael Cooper, and then planning to send him out on loan to the Championship

46 league appearances, 18 clean sheets for Plymouth last season

Highest rated goalkeeper in League One last season on WhoScored (also higher compared to Iversen’s season in League One)

As random as it is you’d assume there’s some weight in it. No one is going to be going on to the Preston forum and making up a rumour about us are they lol 

On 05/06/2022 at 09:07, Pliskin said:

The issue for us is Newcastle. They’re not competing with the likes of Man City yet, they’re competing with us. Which is why we’ve got to be ultra quiet with our transfers, and not allow any leaks at all. 

Jusy picking names out of the air, is we went for Tarky for example, Newcastle could easily trump us financially, and he would probably go to them over us. 

A top 6 finish for Newcastle is easily achievable, they’re a genuine threat to our business this summer. 

Not worried about Newcastle personally. Eddie Howe hasn't got it in him to get them in the top 6, and the past few years have cemented us as a far more famous club then they are. Players that want to win trophies will join Leicester, mercenaries that want a last pay check will join Newcastle. 

4 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Not worried about Newcastle personally. Eddie Howe hasn't got it in him to get them in the top 6, and the past few years have cemented us as a far more famous club then they are. Players that want to win trophies will join Leicester, mercenaries that want a last pay check will join Newcastle. 

I’m struggling to see much logic in the above.

Eddie Howe hasn’t had a club that could warrant the argument about challenging the Top 6 - time will tell whether or not he is given the chance at Newcastle. The form displayed at the back end of the season with a bang average squad suggests he should at least be given a shot.

I would suggest Newcastle have a more an  obvious trajectory to winning trophies than us. Money talks. Agree with you if you take the signings made from Jan - absolutely in it for the money. However not if you’re saying in the future three/four seasons people join Leicester over Newcastle to win trophies. If they’re looking for a pay day and the chance to be challenging. Maybe.

Newcastle for me aren’t the benchmark. They’ve not been our competition in the last 2/3 seasons due to the ownership. They’re not our competition this season or in the next couple as they will have far greater goals than ours (barring another miracle)

If you’re comparing famous- far too subjective an argument to even start debating.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Pick Good Name Later said:

I’m struggling to see much logic in the above.

Eddie Howe hasn’t had a club that could warrant the argument about challenging the Top 6 - time will tell whether or not he is given the chance at Newcastle. The form displayed at the back end of the season with a bang average squad suggests he should at least be given a shot.

I would suggest Newcastle have a more an  obvious trajectory to winning trophies than us. Money talks. Agree with you if you take the signings made from Jan - absolutely in it for the money. However not if you’re saying in the future three/four seasons people join Leicester over Newcastle to win trophies. If they’re looking for a pay day and the chance to be challenging. Maybe.

Newcastle for me aren’t the benchmark. They’ve not been our competition in the last 2/3 seasons due to the ownership. They’re not our competition this season or in the next couple as they will have far greater goals than ours (barring another miracle)

If you’re comparing famous- far too subjective an argument to even start debating.

It'll take Newcastle much longer to do the same thing Man City did when they got taken over. Back then FFP wasn't a thing 

Just now, MadsEmil said:

It'll take Newcastle much longer to do the same thing Man City did when they got taken over. Back then FFP wasn't a thing 

FFP still isn't a thing. I don't think that there is anyone anywhere that can confidently tell you the rules of financial fair play....and if ever they are breached, it seems the punishment isn't exactly a strong deterent for anyone else. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nannypig7 said:

Really impressed me in our games against Rennes

However unless it is a bargain (which I doubt it would be) I think it would end up taking a decent amount of money away from our budget which should really be used on the other positions that require more attention

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

League table since January...

• Liverpool – 19 games, 51 points, +34 GD.
  • Manchester City – 18 games, 43 points, +34 GD.
  • Tottenham – 21 games, 41 points, +27 GD.
  • Newcastle United – 19 games, 38 points, +5 GD.
  • Arsenal – 19 games, 34 points, +4 GD.
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Really impressed me in our games against Rennes

However unless it is a bargain (which I doubt it would be) I think it would end up taking a decent amount of money away from our budget which should really be used on the other positions that require more attention

The more obvious left back signing would be the young Turkish defender we've been scouting heavily from Besiktas.

1 hour ago, 4everfox said:

From being relegation fodder at the business end of the season, Eddie Howe nevertheless managed to get them within 3 points of us and our 'elite' manager. Good job we played Norwich, Watford and Southampton right at the end eh?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, foxpleasure said:

League table since January...

• Liverpool – 19 games, 51 points, +34 GD.
  • Manchester City – 18 games, 43 points, +34 GD.
  • Tottenham – 21 games, 41 points, +27 GD.
  • Newcastle United – 19 games, 38 points, +5 GD.
  • Arsenal – 19 games, 34 points, +4 GD.

You'd argue we were pretty average in the last 19 games, but we still took 29 with a goal diff + 7 (7th in the form table for the second half of the season)

I don't think need to be too worried. 

Edited by coolhandfox

6 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

They were down, buried and demoralised 2 of those when we played them including a Watford second string. 

Good job the mighty magpies played them before us and relegated them or we would have never got a result! 

Being so negative must bring a lot of joy to your life.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

From being relegation fodder at the business end of the season, Eddie Howe nevertheless managed to get them within 3 points of us and our 'elite' manager. Good job we played Norwich, Watford and Southampton right at the end eh?

What would make you even slightly positive let alone happy?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Good job the mighty magpies played them before us and relegated them or we would have never got a result! 

Being so negative must bring a lot of joy to your life.

It's not negative, I was merely responding to a post, if you trace it back, where someone was completely dismissive of Eddie Howe. I was pointing out the position Newcastle were in when he took them over and that he got them within 3 points of ourselves. That's not negative, that's a matter of fact, he did a good job. We at the end, flattered to deceive in comparison imo.