Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

48 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

What would make you even slightly positive let alone happy?

More points but, much more importantly, playing well and having a go at the opposition rather than the drab and dire football being served up for about a year. The last 3 results merely papered over the cracks imo.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

It's not negative, I was merely responding to a post, if you trace it back, where someone was completely dismissive of Eddie Howe. I was pointing out the position Newcastle were in when he took them over and that he got them within 3 points of ourselves. That's not negative, that's a matter of fact, he did a good job. We at the end, flattered to deceive in comparison imo.

Always handy to get that £150 million boost 

46 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

It's not negative, I was merely responding to a post, if you trace it back, where someone was completely dismissive of Eddie Howe. I was pointing out the position Newcastle were in when he took them over and that he got them within 3 points of ourselves. That's not negative, that's a matter of fact, he did a good job. We at the end, flattered to deceive in comparison imo.

Yes he has, but 90m January window helped a lot.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Always handy to get that £150 million boost 

Was it that much, don'tthink so?? Think you'll find it was between 90-100m which as you rightly suggest is considerable. Players still have to slot in and settle. 

Nevertheless, Trippier only started 5 of the 7 games he played and was injured for 12. Wood was a flop. Byrne and Guimaraes did very well. Howe's contribution however was considerable imo to turn that seemingly sinking ship round.

• Like 3

On 07/06/2022 at 22:17, volpeazzurro said:

Was it that much, don'tthink so?? Think you'll find it was between 90-100m which as you rightly suggest is considerable. Players still have to slot in and settle. 

Nevertheless, Trippier only started 5 of the 7 games he played and was injured for 12. Wood was a flop. Byrne and Guimaraes did very well. Howe's contribution however was considerable imo to turn that seemingly sinking ship round.

Plus all the player signing-on fee's etc, yes. The players are not that bad, just had a shocking manager at the time. Benitez got them performing at a similar level with a lesser squad.

They will fly this season mind. 

• Like 1

On 07/06/2022 at 17:22, JimJams said:

Thanks to Ashley's tightness they're able to spend a lot without worrying about ffp too much. And like Scotch says it's not much of a deterrent.

Spend they can. But the wage increase is what will hold them back.

7 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Spend they can. But the wage increase is what will hold them back.

I think this why you'll see more foreign purchases now as their salary demands are a little lower. 

as i understand it, they are offering packages whereby salaries increase year on year to average out over a five year period.   there are plenty of ways around a circle

17 minutes ago, ramadaone said:

Some interesting trialists playing tonight at Seagrave from Download FC

Interesting as you've never heard of them?

Interesting as they are notable names?

Interesting in that they have great knowledge of historical Britain?

19 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Interesting as you've never heard of them?

Interesting as they are notable names?

Interesting in that they have great knowledge of historical Britain?

Interesting as in they are in rock bands just about to play the festival?

48 minutes ago, ramadaone said:

Some interesting trialists playing tonight at Seagrave from Download FC

I bet the rock stars are staying at the 6* rooms! Let’s hope they don’t throw Maddison’s back packs out of the window or puke inside them!

29 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Who on earth are Download FC?

20 minutes ago, Nannypig7 said:

Spent 10 mins trying to find Download FC I’m baffled 😂

I saw a piece (maybe on Football Focus or something) months ago about a programme/enterprise/initiative(?) that allows free agents (and maybe amateurs) to play friendlies against clubs in the hopes of being spotted. I think they said they play games all over the country (and maybe beyond), often with just local players wherever they play. I can't remember the name of it now. Could have been Download FC, but I've just tried searching that and came up with nothing. Memory's a bit hazy lol, but I thought it was a decent idea, anyway.

Now I think Download FC might be something else. Definitely heard of them not too long ago. I remember thinking about how awful the name is. Even if you like it, searching it brings up f all.

• Like 2