Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FuriousFox46

Who do you consider our rivals?

Who do you consider rivals?  

291 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you consider rivals?

• Nottingham Forest
    • Derby County
    • Coventry City
    • Aston Villa
    • Tottenham Hotspur
    • Atlético Madrid
    • Chelsea
    • Liverpool
    • Wolverhampton Wanderers
    • Manchester United
    • Manchester City
    • Arsenal
    • Stoke City
    • Birmingham City
    • West Bromwich Albion
    • Northampton Town
    • Peterborough United
    • Notts County
    • Burton Albion
    • Portsmouth

Yes, I know we have these threads all the time but it’s been a long while since we played a local rival and given there’s so much discussion of our rivalries in other threads, I thought it would be best to collate them in a new thread.

Plus, I like the debate.

I’ve included a poll including virtually every club I can think of that we’ve had bad blood with. 

I trust somebody will complain regardless :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Define: “rival”

In a very real sense Forest, Derby and Coventry aren’t rivals to us in anything at the moment.

Most teams talk about rivalries as a nearby team they like to beat most - or be ahead of in the league. It’s personal and subjective so doesn’t really matter that much. Unless you want to make it matter because it defines you as a supporter. 

To be honest I’d like our rivals to be the members of the greedy six because, if we start pissing them off, we’d probably be doing something right. 

• Like 1

West Ham, Villa, Wolves Arsenal, Spurs possibly Man U. Not because we have an actual rivalry as such but these are the teams we are competing with for league positions. Realistically we don't have an actual rivalry like Liverpool Everton, Man U Man C etc. 

Even with rivalries like Everton Liverpool  though, Everton are no threat to Liverpool so Liverpool dont really give a shit about them. They like to beat them and gloat a bit but Liverpool fans would be way happier with a win over Chelsea or Man c than Everton. 

Edited by jayfox26
  • Like 1

For what it’s worth anyone who’s read my posts last month knows I despise Liverpool and their fans with every bone in my body 

But they’re no rivals of ours ((yet), though Liverpool away will be incredibly tasty))They’re just a load of hypocritical ‘See You Next Tuesdays’ 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

35 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Atletico lol

Every Atleti fan I know absolutely loves us and has a positive impression of Leicester fans. They also appreciate how they were treated in Leicester in 2017. Not long after we played them, I was bring sent clips of their fans fighting the police with the caption “REVENGE”.

That said, Christ, man, I’d love to finally get past them in a European competition. 😂

• Like 1

Gone Forest and Cov, only 2 I ever look out for in the draw, Derby are just meh never felt much for them as someone who started going in the 2000s. 

Others like, Spurs, Villa etc are mostly just temporary at a particular time.