Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FuriousFox46

Who do you consider our rivals?

Who do you consider rivals?  

291 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you consider rivals?

• Nottingham Forest
    • Derby County
    • Coventry City
    • Aston Villa
    • Tottenham Hotspur
    • Atlético Madrid
    • Chelsea
    • Liverpool
    • Wolverhampton Wanderers
    • Manchester United
    • Manchester City
    • Arsenal
    • Stoke City
    • Birmingham City
    • West Bromwich Albion
    • Northampton Town
    • Peterborough United
    • Notts County
    • Burton Albion
    • Portsmouth

7 minutes ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

I have a (fully irrational) dislike of Harry Kane, and of Mourinho, Lloris, and a whole host of other characters from that club. I find they have a victim mentality bordering on Liverpool’s, a delusion of size and importance that they have neither earned, nor delivered on, and a consequent entitlement and arrogance that makes me look forward to their failure.***

Given the choice of any team to guarantee we’d take 6 points from, it would be them. So, in the absence of credible Premier League alternatives, they’re my PL ‘rival’. Don’t think it’s that much more bizarre than anyone except Forest, Derby and Cov, none of whom are good enough to be rivals right now…

***    Isnt this, exactly what some unfortunately are becoming on FT..

We are still a Top 4.  " bunch of nobodies". and Yes IMO havent yet earnt that position or right to question the Top 6 consistent achievements.

I do not see how anybody can justify any of the others as a ‘rivalry’ but I think that who people see as our main rivals is very dependant on where you live. For me, it’s Forest as I grew up in Nottingham and obviously knew more people who supported them, subsequently giving me a greater hatred.

Likewise, if people live in Derby then they’ll most likely see them as rivals. Leicester is a weird one as I’d imagine that the Loughborough / Syston lot see Forest as our main rivals? Whereas, the Market Bosworth may see Coventry as our derby. 

I think because we don’t have any natural rivals it is very dependant on where you’re located. It’s Forest for me without a doubt but that’s primarily because I hardly know any Derby / Coventry fans.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 2

I tend to think of our next opponents as who to be concerned with rather that local rivals. Other factor is where we are in league and what results mean for our standing  I live in area with lots of Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and other London clubs plus the usual Man U and Liverpool lot. 

The Pompey thing was due to lots of crowd troubles and some Leicester fans getting beaten up in the play-off semi-finals against them in the Brian Little era. A lot of Leicester fans really didn't like them for a few years after in the early 90s. It's a long time ago now though, I doubt many still bare a grudge.

I'm going to say it ... We don't really have one!

On paper it should be Northampton or Coventry I'd say but Cov hang onto Brum rivalries and don't care for us and the Cobblers, well they are absolutely dog let's be frank.

Friends with a few Forest fans and they just don't see us as rivals (many were complementary when we won the league tbh) their rivalry is Derby.

I feel like we are that mental kid in school who like to pick fights with random hard kids even though the we have never crossed words with them.

Let's embrace the fact that nobody hates us and make everyone who walks into the King power out rivals.

P.S - Fvck Villa 

Derby - 30 miles

Nottingham - 28 miles

Coventry - 26 miles

Peterborough - 41 miles

Burton - 37 miles

Northampton - 38 miles

We don’t really have anyone close by to have a local Derby. The next highest ranked team in Leicestershire is Coalville I believe and they’re down at level 8? 

Based on your location in the county, will be based on who else you come into contact with.