Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FuriousFox46

Who do you consider our rivals?

Who do you consider rivals?  

291 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you consider rivals?

• Nottingham Forest
    • Derby County
    • Coventry City
    • Aston Villa
    • Tottenham Hotspur
    • Atlético Madrid
    • Chelsea
    • Liverpool
    • Wolverhampton Wanderers
    • Manchester United
    • Manchester City
    • Arsenal
    • Stoke City
    • Birmingham City
    • West Bromwich Albion
    • Northampton Town
    • Peterborough United
    • Notts County
    • Burton Albion
    • Portsmouth

I suspect a lot of the votes are for "who do you hate/dislike the most", which is not necessarily a rival.  Although I hate Chelsea, too much for my own good, I still wouldn't classify them as a rival. We need a Forrest or Cov to start competing with us in the Prem, then a proper rivalry could be rekindled.

• Like 1

Surely whoever your playing next is a rival. Whoever is just above or below yo in the league is a rival.

Whoever you face in a cup is a rival.

But local rivalry is more intense because of bragging rights.

At the present I dont see the trees the sheep or cov scum as a rival. Our local rivals are villa and wolves in the league.

Then the trees as we have them in the cup.

Personally I hate whoever we play next oh and spuds.

• 2 years later...
1 minute ago, SemperEadem said:

Does feel like the Derby thing has now firmly become the third place for us.

It's all to do with regularity of games isn't it?

I mean trying to think back of the top of my head a few years back we out of the 3 choices (Forest, Derby, Cov) we probably played Derby the most? I seem to remember years of not playing Forest, then all of a sudden Forest had a rise, we played them more, Derby have been in demise and we've not played them for years, equally it wasn't all that long I was calling Coventry 'irrelevant' because they were (to us), now their rise and our demise has seen us playing them with more regularity (for me) it seems we've got a real rivalry back with them, so much so i'm shitting myself and running scared about the potential prospect of playing them at Wembley, which is a reality check and a sad indictment of how far we've fallen.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Matt said:

It's all to do with regularity of games isn't it?

I mean trying to think back of the top of my head a few years back we out of the 3 choices (Forest, Derby, Cov) we probably played Derby the most? I seem to remember years of not playing Forest, then all of a sudden Forest had a rise, we played them more, Derby have been in demise and we've not played them for years, equally it wasn't all that long I was calling Coventry 'irrelevant' because they were (to us), now their rise and our demise has seen us playing them with more regularity (for me) it seems we've got a real rivalry back with them, so much so i'm shitting myself and running scared about the potential prospect of playing them at Wembley, which is a reality check and a sad indictment of how far we've fallen.

or how far they've risen if it's a Wembley Cup Final

27 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Same for Derby as well tbf, most their fans would put Leeds ahead of us

Edited by MattFox

32 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Fella at work last week tried the ol' 'we only care about forest' routine. 

Agonising. I'm afraid I rallied the office (non Leicester fans, generally under 30) in a fit if organised bullying as they queued up, corralled by me, to agree that Derby were, nationally, a complete non entity. 

His protestatuons that they had a decent six year spell in the PL in the 90s and early 2000s didn't seem to impress them. 

• Like 1

I kinda cheered Cov tho yesterday. How much if a rival can they be that I was pleased they got a deserved win? 

If it was forest, the more agonising, the more undeserved, the more scandalous a defeat the better. I will, I plead, I beg that only misery (and ideally dissolvement) is heaped on that filth

23 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

46 people voting for Spurs lol

Weller54 and his 45 clone accounts lol

Edited by Tuna
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

46 people voting for Spurs lol

......purely based on our title win.

If it was Man City or Liverpool challenging us back then, the 46 would've voted for them !

How dare another team ruin it.

Bizarre.