Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FuriousFox46

Who do you consider our rivals?

Who do you consider rivals?  

291 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you consider rivals?

• Nottingham Forest
    • Derby County
    • Coventry City
    • Aston Villa
    • Tottenham Hotspur
    • Atlético Madrid
    • Chelsea
    • Liverpool
    • Wolverhampton Wanderers
    • Manchester United
    • Manchester City
    • Arsenal
    • Stoke City
    • Birmingham City
    • West Bromwich Albion
    • Northampton Town
    • Peterborough United
    • Notts County
    • Burton Albion
    • Portsmouth

46 minutes ago, Sly said:

Derby - 30 miles

Nottingham - 28 miles

Coventry - 26 miles

Peterborough - 41 miles

Burton - 37 miles

Northampton - 38 miles

We don’t really have anyone close by to have a local Derby. The next highest ranked team in Leicestershire is Coalville I believe and they’re down at level 8? 

Based on your location in the county, will be based on who else you come into contact with. 

Are those miles from ground to ground? Or City centre to city centre? I'd say they are all geographically close enough to be rivals. 

Guest David Oldfields Gate
10 hours ago, Koke said:

Who are the 12 people who voted for Atletico Madrid? 

I know Everton aren't a rival but they are top 3 most disliked clubs on here. And feeling is mutual on their side. 

Me for one! They paid Remi Harrell in 97, no doubt about it. Still wrankles.

I can remember a time when as soon as the fixtures were first published, looking for Forest and Man Utd home and away before any others.

Forest was the big away day of the season. Feb '67 I think, 47,000 in The City Ground, hundreds of us in The Trent End.

The following season I think, winning 1-0 in the snow, before it was abandoned. Of course we lost the replayed fixture.

January '72, a long awaited win at The City Ground, 1-2.

Looking forward to visiting the neighbours again.

I've always hated Forest. Never really understood the Derby hate. Perhaps because we have always got one over them. From 94 and even in the Prem, we were always the better team. We then had the period of the annual 4-0 win against them. Forest when I got into football were a superior team to us. Guys like Collymore, Woan, Chettle, Bohinen etc. 

I pity Cov to be honest. 

I tell you what was weird. During the League 1 season and a few seasons after that, Peterborough fans really tried to build a rivalry. They genuinely showed a dislike for us and I think most of us were like why ? Ha. 

4 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I've always hated Forest. Never really understood the Derby hate. Perhaps because we have always got one over them. From 94 and even in the Prem, we were always the better team. We then had the period of the annual 4-0 win against them. Forest when I got into football were a superior team to us. Guys like Collymore, Woan, Chettle, Bohinen etc. 

I pity Cov to be honest. 

I tell you what was weird. During the League 1 season and a few seasons after that, Peterborough fans really tried to build a rivalry. They genuinely showed a dislike for us and I think most of us were like why ? Ha. 

They still don’t like us.

I grew up 15 miles from Peterborough on the Northants/Cambs border and there are still a fair few Leicester fans that way. We are the closest big club after all.

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Haha that's rich.

It's Notts Forest isn't it. Before Clough, the "East Midlands Derby" was us and them and it's not up for debate.

I always read this but is that actually true? The three clubs have pretty much always been around the same level and Derby is much closer to Nottingham than Leicester is

6 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I pity Cov to be honest. 

Agreed.

For me, it’s the city rivalry. Leicester and Nottingham are the two major cities in the region, Derby is too small and Coventry are part of a different region to us 

2 hours ago, FuriousFox46 said:

I always read this but is that actually true? The three clubs have pretty much always been around the same level and Derby is much closer to Nottingham than Leicester is

Certainly true in the 50s/60s by all accounts, Derby were 2nd and 3rd tier while we were both mostly in div 1 sometimes competing at the upper end, with us making a number of cup finals in the process too. Before that who knows, I don’t think fans were overly strict on who they see as a rival like they are now though. 

Derby and Nottingham are a lot closer to each other than either are to Leicester so it's natural they are biger rivals for each other than we are.

Similsr to how Rochdale and Oldham are bigger rivals for each other than Man City are to either or them.