Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesWalk

Keane Lewis-Potter

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....there is no reason why there could not have been a season long loan agreed with Lookman's parent company!!!

We do it when we send players on loan or allow a chance for a recall but it had to be agreed in an agreed timeframe.

We’ve been stung with season long loans before haven’t we? I just think there might be a clause that allows us to send him back after 6 months. Not that I think we will

8 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Ahh. Ok. We equating Lookman with Tieleman’s then?  Sheesh. Lookman is ok, ok, but we can do better. Can we do better than Tieleman’s?  I doubt it. 

I prefer lookman in the 3 spots behind the striker than somebody like perez at this point 

1 hour ago, Lesta2014 said:

I prefer lookman in the 3 spots behind the striker than somebody like perez at this point 

Sure. For me that spot is on the left and probably second choice to Harvey Barnes. He’s a really good player and exactly the standard for a squad member we should be aiming for. For me, Pérez needs to be sold now as he’s no longer in the managers plans.

10 hours ago, MPH said:

You missed the point completely.

there’s not a single player out there who is  going to play a belter every game.

And if we can do better than Lookman, why haven’t we?  I mean, the window is here, he’s a loan player. So why haven’t we sent him back and got this better player in you are talking about?

Missed what point?  You didn’t really make one. Of course all players are not tip top every single game. Lookman is NOT the answer at right wing. Do you think he is?

As to why we haven’t gone out and replaced him, well, we do very little business in January. No surprise there. Do you think we couldn’t replace him for someone better?

29 minutes ago, Nick said:

Sure. For me that spot is on the left and probably second choice to Harvey Barnes. He’s a really good player and exactly the standard for a squad member we should be aiming for. For me, Pérez needs to be sold now as he’s no longer in the managers plans.

Reckon we may need a summer of self raising funds and selling perez would make sense to me. Did he sign 4 or 5 year deal? 

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

Missed what point?  You didn’t really make one. Of course all players are not tip top every single game. Lookman is NOT the answer at right wing. Do you think he is?

As to why we haven’t gone out and replaced him, well, we do very little business in January. No surprise there. Do you think we couldn’t replace him for someone better?

if we could, we would. That’s the same for every single player in the squad really.

18 minutes ago, MPH said:

if we could, we would. That’s the same for every single player in the squad really.

Indeed, but some positions are more glaring than others. Very few teams couldn’t improve. My point is, and will remain, Lookman is not the droid we’re looking for. 

26 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Indeed, but some positions are more glaring than others. Very few teams couldn’t improve. My point is, and will remain, Lookman is not the droid we’re looking for. 

I think the problem right now is our league position and form. I don’t think the class of player we can attract will come mid season. End of season fresh investment and plans will perhaps see something else happening.

3 hours ago, Nick said:

How much will we get for Perez and who would want him, we paid 30m for him and can't see anyone paying over 7m for him. 

2 hours ago, MPH said:

I think the problem right now is our league position and form. I don’t think the class of player we can attract will come mid season. End of season fresh investment and plans will perhaps see something else happening.

And again, agreed. If you read my earlier posts you will see that  I said I doubt we will sign anyone in January. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I would rather this guy over lookman has Bowen deal all over it. Shame again. Just don’t seem to look at championship anymore very frustrating. Who were the last players we got from championship? Maddison and Justin (albeit from league 1 but I believe they got promoted) bargain this lad. West game recruiting better again if he goes there. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DezFox said:

I would rather this guy over lookman has Bowen deal all over it. Shame again. Just don’t seem to look at championship anymore very frustrating. Who were the last players we got from championship? Maddison and Justin (albeit from league 1 but I believe they got promoted) bargain this lad. West game recruiting better again if he goes there. 

i think there’s a feeling that the players are over priced. I don’t agree, but i can see how 30m for championship proven players doesn’t sound a good deal. 

But the thing is, recently a lot of the top players have made the step up with ease. Can’t think of the last championship star to really fail. 

Benhrama, watkins, toney, bowen. Pereira, eze, olise. they have all shown that the gap isn’t as big as some think. 

I think the league has progressed from what it once was and the scouting networks are pretty vast so some really good talent is finding its way in. 

Joe piroe ending up at swansea is a great example of this. No way that happens 10 years ago 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

i think there’s a feeling that the players are over priced. I don’t agree, but i can see how 30m for championship proven players doesn’t sound a good deal. 

But the thing is, recently a lot of the top players have made the step up with ease. Can’t think of the last championship star to really fail. 

Benhrama, watkins, toney, bowen. Pereira, eze, olise. they have all shown that the gap isn’t as big as some think. 

I think the league has progressed from what it once was and the scouting networks are pretty vast so some really good talent is finding its way in. 

Joe piroe ending up at swansea is a great example of this. No way that happens 10 years ago 

Buendia for Villa 

7 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Buendia for Villa 

I actually really rate him… i didn’t before. He was no worse than trincao and we almost unanimously said we’d sign him on the other thread 

but obviously for the price you’d expect more but I’d still say he’s good enough for the prem 

Edited by Lambert09

On 21/01/2022 at 10:22, Ric Flair said:

He's quality. I was hoping we'd take advantage of Hull's financial problems but haven't they now been bought out so he'll cost a touch more.

Where he fits in if we sign Lookman as well, I'm not sure as we need a left footed right winger. 

What's your thoughts on giving Justin a sniff on wide right?  He's said he needs to up his game, get more in the box, assist more, etc.  Granted he's right footed and may benefit his game more in Barnes' position if he became injured/had a drop in form, but whilst I appreciate not of the calibre, a young Bale started left back and moved left forward without much trouble.   Justin is fast, can attack players, I'd like to see him given game time there!

7 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

The step up from the Championship …..

The entire Norwich team. 

• Like 2

My kind of transfer this.  Young, highly-rated, one of the Championship's bright things.  It makes perfect sense to me.  

Unfortunately West Ham have stolen our MO.  THey'll do well out of him.

Edited by murphy