Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

The BBC loved the result, especially Martin Keown, the coverage was all over the place, we were absolutely awful but so were the BBC… 

Posted
Just now, NewquayFox said:

The BBC loved the result, especially Martin Keown, the coverage was all over the place, we were absolutely awful but so were the BBC… 

Well yeah of course, how many times to they get these games and it's not an upset.

Posted

It's the same with every broadcaster, although I'm not sure how much of the production is in-house these days with every game being broadcast to 70 international markets.

 

The sport, in their eyes, is boring, even when, for the neutral, they just saw an incredible game. It has to be about the narrative. So that's why you see so many zooms in on glum faces in the crowd, the "stars" etc.

Posted

Was it on the BBC when we were playing Villa in the cup and all they did was keep showing their new manager in the stands (chuff me I can't remember his name!). Anyway I guess they're not used to showing live games! 

Posted

You're right about the poor coverage in terms of cutting away to fan shots, plus endless replays. Been mentioning it for a while.

 

Sky look much more professional and experienced.

Posted

Forgive me if I'm wrong but just before the third goal, didn't one of our players go down in or near the box which looked a freekick/peno just before Forest went down the other end and scored? There was no replay or look at the incident. I was at the inlaws and have a bad back so am dosed up so didn't see who it was but thought that a litlle shocking.

  • Like 1
Posted
8 minutes ago, Webbo said:

We nearly missed the second goal, I think it's fair to complain about that.

Exactly,  truly horrible coverage. I remember them missing some goal chances (for forest), showing endless replays of foul. I hope they dont get live games if this is their standard.

Posted
1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

Forgive me if I'm wrong but just before the third goal, didn't one of our players go down in or near the box which looked a freekick/peno just before Forest went down the other end and scored? There was no replay or look at the incident. I was at the inlaws and have a bad back so am dosed up so didn't see who it was but thought that a litlle shocking.

 

Yeah it was Lookman and yeah they didn't mention or replay it.

 

 

  • Like 2
Posted
18 minutes ago, davieG said:

Has there been worse coverage/editing/directing of a football match than that served up today.

 

I don't know who's responsible for selecting replays, views of the fans, zooming in of players at the expense of the actual game but they want sacking,

 

The game was bad enough without the terrible coverage.

 

 

I’m going to stick up for you here mate. Similar with Sky, the game is going on while they show several replays over and over. 

  • Like 1
Posted

 

I think there is a mindset that because they have multiple cameras at different angles, they think they have to show all the replays from all the angles.

 

They are wrong, and they missed live action by doing so.

 

It's decades old technology to have the live play in a box whilst you show a replay.

 

Amazing that they can't just do that if they insist on multiple replays.  :dunno:

 

Oh , and Keown is just awful.

 

 

Posted
Just now, Vacamion said:

 

I think there is a mindset that because they have multiple cameras at different angles, they think they have to show all the replays from all the angles.

 

They are wrong, and they missed live action by doing so.

 

It's decades old technology to have the live play in a box whilst you show a replay.

 

Amazing that they can't just do that if they insist on multiple replays.  :dunno:

 

Oh , and Keown is just awful.

 

 

They are living in a time where every team takes about a minute to line up a goal kick and can show four/ five replays and miss nothing. 

Posted

Agree coverage was awful, almost missing 2nd goal, no replay of Lookman being flattened before they scored again. Said in commentary that there were 6k away supporters, only 2k out! 
Only positive on that coverage was that Wesley Morgan is definitely a blue. He said “we” when talking about Leicester at half time!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...