Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

40 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

I’m not ignoring those subtleties. They’re there for sure. 

All im saying is, they don’t particularly apply because the original premise wasn’t “Maddison is our best PL player” 

It was “Maddison is among our best PL players” 

There’s a lot more debate to be had on the former than the latter. 

I just don’t think it’s particularly unreasonable to say that he’s part of that conversation, given his quality and stats 

Part of the conversation but not part of the final  15 .Good ,but quite a lot better!

24 minutes ago, Livid said:

Declan Rice for £100 million, makes this look like daylight robbery. 

It’s just another thing to bring home the situation we’re in, all so easily avoidable 6 months ago but here we are. 

Not many top teams play with a 10, and it’s hard to come by real top CDMs, they are key to the Pep way of playing. Rice is right up there according to the stats. Makes sense both Arsenal and City are so hard for him. City have Rodri already but Rice could play the stones role for them, coming into midfield from cb. I think he makes a bigger difference to Arsenal. Could be huge for them. 

1 minute ago, FoxesWalk said:

Not many top teams play with a 10, and it’s hard to come by real top CDMs, they are key to the Pep way of playing. Rice is right up there according to the stats. Makes sense both Arsenal and City are so hard for him. City have Rodri already but Rice could play the stones role for them, coming into midfield from cb. I think he makes a bigger difference to Arsenal. Could be huge for them. 

He’s basically replacing Xhaka and will take on that role for them. 

1 hour ago, Jattdogg said:

Any chance we have a sell on fee for madders in that deal? 

Or did rudkin and whelan negotiate a sell on whereby if he goes to a bigger club we owe spurs £10 million? Lol

You don’t usually have sell ons at £40m and 26 y o 

I can’t recall one …. Ever …

Good player who contributed greatly to a very successful period in our history, such a talented player, but in my opinion doesn’t have that elite mentality that will take him to the very top. Think he will do ok at Spurs as he will still be one of the main focal points but in the really big games will go missing.