Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

UNION FS tifo support

Guest David Oldfields Gate
1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

From a marketing point of view there's no point in having an image that is "inaccessible" to most of the people in the stadium.

Suppose we had a questionnaire that asked Thursdays attendees if they understood the significance of the Tifo... I expect it would be a low score.

I like the work of ufs and support it.  I just want it to be recognisable and inspiring.

Sorry dude but couldn't disagree more. I thought a nod to our starting point in both date and colours on night where we reached another first ever event was inspired. I would guess that at least 90% knew exactly what the reference was, if not more. 

Talk of marketing and being "accessible" etc is nonsense, this is the dying embers / resurrection (delete as applicable) of fan culture and should be embraced in this disgusting plastic sky sports generation age of sanitised football.

Leave the marketing to men in suits with crap haircuts, this is lads showing passion for their club, city and county and long may it continue in my opinion, but each to their own!

11 minutes ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

Sorry dude but couldn't disagree more. I thought a nod to our starting point in both date and colours on night where we reached another first ever event was inspired. I would guess that at least 90% knew exactly what the reference was, if not more. 

Talk of marketing and being "accessible" etc is nonsense, this is the dying embers / resurrection (delete as applicable) of fan culture and should be embraced in this disgusting plastic sky sports generation age of sanitised football.

Leave the marketing to men in suits with crap haircuts, this is lads showing passion for their club, city and county and long may it continue in my opinion, but each to their own!

I understand the idea... but I did ask fans if they knew what it was about.

17 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

Considering it was 100% UFS, it was a good effort. I think those who were underwhelmed may be confused and think this was organised by the club?

Perhaps

Or alternatively, they could:

* Get involved 

* Put their hands in their pockets

* Shut up

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

If it really was a low score then we have many more new fans than I expected. The blue sash shirt was revived not that long ago and was worn by many fans (think we might have a kids size somewhere). As suggested, it's given those unaware a chance for some historical research which is never a bad thing :thumbup:

Ps. I've also chucked a few quid in. 

The blue sash reminds me of that horrible night in Cardiff 😞

• Like 1

I thought the Tifo was fine, if you didn’t realise it represented an old shirt then shame on you.

jersey Budd’s version of When You’re Smiling is Shit (it should be Frank Sinatra or Louis Armstrong’s version).  HOWEVER, it’s an improvement on the stupid dance music they blare out and so I hope they play it every home game now and Ganda get behind it.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Quality tifo, individual to club and City heritage and someone has a moan.  Unbelievable Jeff.

You could have bet your house on it.

6 hours ago, davieG said:

it's not up to UFS to educate 100,000 fans (just a guess) world wide on the history of LCFC. Like in life if you see something you don't understand you have to seek advice or do some research.

It was recognizable and inspiring to me, and I've been a fan for less than a decade.

(a discount copy of Foxes and Fossils is a good thing)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, davieG said:

How they supposed to do that? 

The Tifos as far as I can tell are meant to be a 'surprise'  Questionnaires cost time and money each one has a different theme, the subject area is vast and it would be impossible to second guess what fans may or may not know and even more difficult to connect to therm.

I think you are being very naïve.

As I said it's not up to UFS to educate 100,000 fans (just a guess) world wide on the history of LCFC. Like in life if you see something you don't understand you have to seek advice or do some research.

One big plus you now know a little bit more about the history of LCFcs kit perhaps that will whet yours and other's appetites to find out more.

Anyway that's my last word on this debate/lecture.

...he wasn't asking about the questionnaire as a legitimate way of surveying the ground, just stating that if you asked people the majority would not have understood the reason for the diagonal blue line.

Just now, Unabomber said:

Do players know that they can donate? Vardy could chuck in £10k and earn it back a few hours later.

I mean I know for fact King was a fan. Id guess most of the British lads think its the clubs work. Probs never really know.

Fofana shared a photo of the latest one. Kind of wish the club would tag the group in the photos or make it known it is a fan groups work. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I mean I know for fact King was a fan. Id guess most of the British lads think its the clubs work. Probs never really know.

Fofana shared a photo of the latest one. Kind of wish the club would tag the group in the photos or make it known it is a fan groups work. 

Fofana seems like the kind of bloke that would actually donate if he knew about it. I think he flew a load of Saint Etiene fans over recently. 

• Like 2

I've just set up a Standing order.

I agree with previous posters that it would be worth marketing the idea of people setting up regular standing amounts, for amounts they could afford.

Edited by coolcol
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Fofana seems like the kind of bloke that would actually donate if he knew about it. I think he flew a load of Saint Etiene fans over recently. 

Yep and contracted covid off them. What a lad lol

• Haha 1