Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Iversen

10 minutes ago, MPH said:

Who’s that youth keeper from the states? He’s a big lad. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t get a loan deal next year.. we have the possibility of losing at least two keepers in the summer so I’d be surprised if Iversen isn’t at least on the bench next year… I just don’t think we will promote him to be no1. He’ll get cup games I’d imagine… but will he be ok with that?

we have an interesting  summer coming up with regards to our GK situation.

We do have a fair few keepers at the moment

Kasper - 35

Ward - 28

Jakupovic - 37

Iversen - 24

Stolarczyk - 21

Young - 20

Odunze - 19

Chibueze - 18

Doherty - 18

Weeks - I think he has left us and joined Reading

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, MPH said:

Who’s that youth keeper from the states? He’s a big lad. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t get a loan deal next year.. we have the possibility of losing at least two keepers in the summer so I’d be surprised if Iversen isn’t at least on the bench next year… I just don’t think we will promote him to be no1. He’ll get cup games I’d imagine… but will he be ok with that?

we have an interesting  summer coming up with regards to our GK situation.

We have 4 academy keepers representing their U20/21 nation

Brad Young - England

Odunze - USA

Doherty - Republic of Ireland

Stolarczyk - Poland (led to believe he's seen as a HUGE talent) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We have 4 academy keepers representing their U20/21 nation

Brad Young - England

Odunze - USA

Doherty - Republic of Ireland

Stolarczyk - Poland (led to believe he's seen as a HUGE talent) 

this is the only reason i think we would let him go. we think stolarczyk will be better 

• Like 2

On 12/05/2022 at 11:19, Bryn said:

Think we should be keeping him at the club and having a close look at whether he is Kasper’s successor. Especially now Branston has left.

Yeah we don’t want to be left in a pickle.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/18857832/jakub-stolarczyk-transfer-fleetwood-leicester/

The Foxes will likely let Stolarczyk go for experience but may wait on what happens with Daniel Iversen, who has been on loan at Preston.

Iversen is wanted by multiple Championship clubs.

North End, Middlesbrough and Sunderland are all keen on the 24-year-old.

However, the Dane may look for a move abroad if he is not given a shot at the first team by Leicester.

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/18857832/jakub-stolarczyk-transfer-fleetwood-leicester/

The Foxes will likely let Stolarczyk go for experience but may wait on what happens with Daniel Iversen, who has been on loan at Preston.

Iversen is wanted by multiple Championship clubs.

North End, Middlesbrough and Sunderland are all keen on the 24-year-old.

However, the Dane may look for a move abroad if he is not given a shot at the first team by Leicester.

Surely we don’t let him go to any of them? With jakupovic leaving we need one more keeper in squad, also rumblings of ward going, we’d then need 2 keepers in? Surely won’t be wasting money on 2 keepers when got ready made one at the club? 

If you assume Kasper will play the same number of games, then Ward will need to share the five-odd games he played last season. Will that be enough?

Kasper is the oldest keeper in the Premier League so we might be thinking of reducing the number of games he plays. He is at the age when need to think about an eventual replacement.

With Kasper having a year left on his deal with us I really don’t see him signing a new contract nor do I see anyone swooping in for him so I imagine he’ll ride out 1 last season with us before making a move to some1 on a free… if it plays out like this I do hope if anything we convince Iversen another year on loan before having a proper crack at challenging for that number 1 spot the 23/24 season is the way to go for him

30 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

If you assume Kasper will play the same number of games, then Ward will need to share the five-odd games he played last season. Will that be enough?

Kasper is the oldest keeper in the Premier League so we might be thinking of reducing the number of games he plays. He is at the age when need to think about an eventual replacement.

Kaspers not the oldest goalkeeper in the prem.

Fabianski is 37 who's a starter at West Ham. Caballero is the oldest at 40.

But I do believe its time he's phased out if he's only got the 12 months left at Leicester though.

Edited by slymunn

3 minutes ago, slymunn said:

Kaspers not the oldest goalkeeper in the prem.

Fabianski is 37 who's a starter at West Ham. Caballero is the oldest at 40.

But I do believe its time he's phased out if he's only got the 12 months left at Leicester though.

Ah yes. One of the oldest I meant to say. It’ll be emotional for us and him to see him go, being as close to Vichai as he was, but Iversen looks too promising to miss out on as he’s more than proven himself in the Championship. I wonder if we’re considering making him second choice although he’ll need Premier League experience rather than experience against teams we’ll likely play in the start of the league and fa cup matches.

10 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Ah yes. One of the oldest I meant to say. It’ll be emotional for us and him to see him go, being as close to Vichai as he was, but Iversen looks too promising to miss out on as he’s more than proven himself in the Championship. I wonder if we’re considering making him second choice although he’ll need Premier League experience rather than experience against teams we’ll likely play in the start of the league and fa cup matches.

Yeah I get you. I feel like either him or Ward will have to leave in the Summer if Kasper doesn't. I just can't see all three keeping happy next season

Few people on here have mentioned about Danny Ward going to Forest next season..might be some truth in that. Then Iverson has a year in the cups and then moves into first choice the season after.

12 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think someone (sorry - can't remember who) on here who claims to know something about it said Ward will be sold and Iversen will be our cup keeper this season to audition for 1st choice this time next year when Kasper leaves. I think they said Young will be 3rd choice.

No idea how much truth there is to it. Seems plausible enough.

Makes sense for Danny to move on to try and get the 1st spot for the World Cup. Seems a sensible move for us too, so we can start bringing through our young talent. 

• Like 1

I think Kasper is hoping a CL team will come along with a three year contract at his current salary of 150 grand a week. That is very unlikely , so he stays and expects to play - every important match. Unless Rodgers plays hardball , which I doubt , there is not much prospect of Iverson taking over anytime soon. He will be pushing for a transfer I reckon.

On 13/05/2022 at 09:08, -sodapop said:

As pet peeves go, this one is up there with people putting random apostrophes into Ndidi, Ndicka, Ndombele or any other Nd name for me. Happens with Eriksen all the time too.

The whole Chris “Woods” thing left me needing therapy.

On 14/06/2022 at 16:18, kingkisnorbo said:

Must be ready for a shot at number one. Back line needs a refresh, particularly the goalkeeper. 

And in the defensive and goal keeping coaching roles

• 3 weeks later...

i was talking to a preston fan yesterday explained the first flap against notts c and we both agreed that it was him trying to show he can do what kasper doesn’t. Issue being that this is nothing he did at preston and if anything played in exactly the same way as kasper. 

This guys take was that he’d make a solid lower prem career but he held reservations about whether he was the right keeper for a team that want to challenge for europe. 

Edited by Lambert09