Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Iversen

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, He aint bald said:

Never posted idle press speculation before but i occasionally look at the NewsNow site.

Several articles on Iversen wanted by Stoke......... I was too scared to read any, should we be worried?

Not surprising. Alex Neil was desperate to sign him for Sunderland.

I feel sorry for Ward.

Kasper had a somewhat solid defense in front of him for the best part of his Leicester Career so for Ward to come in and have a totally incoherent and Downright diabolical defense in front of him to start his Leicester career  is borderline unfair.

basicslly, he never stood a chance to develop as a keeper in those circumstances. He didn’t even have much of a pre-season with them either to get used to everyone.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, MPH said:

I feel sorry for Ward.

Kasper had a somewhat solid defense in front of him for the best part of his Leicester Career so for Ward to come in and have a totally incoherent and Downright diabolical defense in front of him to start his Leicester career  is borderline unfair.

basicslly, he never stood a chance to develop as a keeper in those circumstances. He didn’t even have much of a pre-season with them either to get used to everyone.

This is all nonsense tbh. Hes been here 4 years for a start, I’d like to think he was fairly comfortable with his team mates after being here that long.

Regardless of the defence infront of him he’d still show glimpses of being a good premier league goalkeeper if he was 1, but he isn’t and he’s shown nothing to say otherwise so far 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

This is all nonsense tbh. Hes been here 4 years for a start, I’d like to think he was fairly comfortable with his team mates after being here that long.

Regardless of the defence infront of him he’d still show glimpses of being a good premier league goalkeeper if he was 1, but he isn’t and he’s shown nothing to say otherwise so far 

are you honestly saying that there’s no difference to playing with someone in training and in a match? How Evans plays in a 5 a side and how he runs around some cones is very different to how he deals with Ivan Toney running at him, for example

17 hours ago, MPH said:

are you honestly saying that there’s no difference to playing with someone in training and in a match? How Evans plays in a 5 a side and how he runs around some cones is very different to how he deals with Ivan Toney running at him, for example

I’ve only played Sunday League, so I’m not ITK, but I’d hazard a guess that Johnny Evans has to defend against LCFC attackers running at him in training, and doesn’t solely run round cones 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, 5waller5 said:

I’ve only played Sunday League, so I’m not ITK, but I’d hazard a guess that Johnny Evans has to defend against LCFC attackers running at him in training, and doesn’t solely run round cones 

not solely but he does spend a lot of time running around vesty 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

bit more of an element of surprise when it’s not your team mates though isn’t it?

On 20/09/2022 at 17:39, MPH said:

I feel sorry for Ward.

The only way of truly knowing if Ward is being dealt a bum deal here is put Iversen in and see if we improve in the goals against column. I was thinking to myself the other day about whether we'd be any better if Fofana was still here and I'm not so sure we would, but I do think Ward is all over the place and making basic errors with very little marginal gains in situations where it could be argued goalkeepers couldn't have prevented a goal. He's conceded 60% + of shots on target he's faced I've read, that is HIDEOUS.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

The only way of truly knowing if Ward is being dealt a bum deal here is put Iversen in and see if we improve in the goals against column. I was thinking to myself the other day about whether we'd be any better if Fofana was still here and I'm not so sure we would, but I do think Ward is all over the place and making basic errors with very little marginal gains in situations where it could be argued goalkeepers couldn't have prevented a goal. He's conceded 60% + of shots on target he's faced I've read, that is HIDEOUS.

Sometimes it actually does keepers a favour to take a step back and motivate themselves to win their spot back. There's always a chance if Iversen gets the nod he could pick up a knock later down the line and Ward would be back in.

See it all the time with other clubs. Newcastle, Southampton, Palace, even Arsenal to an extent in recent years. The in-form keeper keeps their place.

All down to the attitude of the individual though and how hard they're willing to work

13 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

Given how our defence have performed this season, nothing would surprise me anymore lol

• Haha 1

I have nothing against Danny ward he’s our player after all but I so want Iverson to do well just cuz we desperately need a feel good story in this moment of need. Nothing seems to be going right. Having a keeper that can keep the ball out of the net will provide hope and confidence to our fragile defensive back line. Cmon Iverson we are all rooting for ya lad!

• 3 months later...

Alan Nixon claims stoke have been chasing Iversen for months. (no bid yet) 

Alex Neil is the stoke boss and was in charge of preston last year so knows how good he is. 

Personally, I hope we loan him to them and perhaps see if brendan is still here in the summer. 

I still think he’s the answer to the keeper issues. 

Given time, the time I'm convinced Brendan won't give him, I'd wager that he could be as good as if not better than Ward.

How long is Iversen's contract? Isn't it almost up? I assume he'll move on and we'll have to buy a replacemet or possibly two.

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

Given time, the time I'm convinced Brendan won't give him, I'd wager that he could be as good as if not better than Ward.

How long is Iversen's contract? Isn't it almost up? I assume he'll move on and we'll have to buy a replacemet or possibly two.

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Alan Nixon claims stoke have been chasing Iversen for months. (no bid yet) 

Alex Neil is the stoke boss and was in charge of preston last year so knows how good he is. 

Personally, I hope we loan him to them and perhaps see if brendan is still here in the summer. 

I still think he’s the answer to the keeper issues. 

Word on the street (by which I mean FT posters who watch the development teams) is that Stolarczyk is higher rated.

The scenario I can see unfolding is we sell Iversen, buy a new, youngish no. 1 like Lafont, and sell Ward a year later when Stolarczyk might be ready to be reserve GK

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

He's going to be as miserable as hell sitting on the bench. Brendan has shown zero indication that he'll play him. I mean, after our disastrous start, not to have even been given a game makes me think he'll see little to no action for the rest of the season.

42 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

So we will still need a new goalie then.

• Like 1