Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Iversen

5 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Wright not even being on the bench yesterday wasn't a good sign for him staying, was it? Iverson depends on what the other options are.

There were a few things Chris Davies said in the post-match at Derby that made me think he was on his way. 

• 1 month later...

If I was Iversen, I'd be backing myself and biding my time throughout the season. Ward hasn't really convinced and has made a couple of errors. On the other hand, Iversen has turned out a solid league cup performance and showed some penalty shoot-out winning heroics, albeit only versus Stockport. I'd be fancying my chances to get the No.1 jersey sooner rather than later.

If you’re Iversen and still losing out to Ward after a few more weeks of him being statistically the worst keeper in the league, you’d want out. Wouldn’t blame him for leaving in January if he doesn’t get some league starts fairly soon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

I still wouldn't be surprised to see Iversen as number 1 by the end of the season. 

I think he'll take Ward's place, we'll sign a much more experienced keeper in summer and it'll be between Iversen and the new, better-than-Ward GK to compete.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I think he'll take Ward's place, we'll sign a much more experienced keeper in summer and it'll be between Iversen and the new, better-than-Ward GK to compete.

I think Ward is very average but I've no idea if Iversen is any better. The situation is very fluid atm. He'll get his chance under Rodgers or a new manager.

Iversen only stands to gain at the moment. We're early in the season, Iversen has had one chance and taken it so far.

Ward will either step up or Iversen will make it impossible not to play him. I'm not that worried about the GK situation, think we've got far bigger problems.

Edited by Bryn
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Phenom said:

At least give him a shot. He can’t be any worse than Ward.

Was that a pun?

Either way, whoever plays will get plenty of shots.

Shame that Ward has been declared as the NO 1 (I read), now playing Iversen becomes a bigger thing with increased pressure.

What a balls up.

13 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

We really should have gone for Pope. 

Agreed, in the short term.

Would have been a great signing for free while we sorted out our longer term goalkeeper.

I still cannot believe we allowed Kasper to go without replacing him with a good goalkeeper.

• Like 2