Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Iversen

10 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

This viewpoint is far too sensible, baffling how many people are willing to write him off after 2 pre-season games. 

I don’t see it as a ‘sensible’ viewpoint, it’s just ‘a viewpoint’

Another viewpoint could be that Iversen has been waiting for his chance for a long time and a confident player would have taken it with zeal, genuinely giving Rodgers a dilemma in terms of who starts the season in goal. Instead he gave the manager Hobson’s choice.. if still at the club, Kasper starts in goal.

It doesn’t bode well if, under pressure to do well, like the poster above suggested, Iversen went and shat himself. That’s worrying if we are to depend on him at any point this term.

• Like 2

He is being assessed by our coaching team.

His performances at Preston were highly rated.

In two pre season halves, he has done some good things and made significant mistakes.

Storalczyk has looked better and is highly rated.

It's all nothing to get over-excited about.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Another viewpoint could be that Iversen has been waiting for his chance for a long time and a confident player would have taken it with zeal, genuinely giving Rodgers a dilemma in terms of who starts the season in goal. Instead he gave the manager Hobson’s choice.. if still at the club, Kasper starts in goal.

It doesn’t bode well if, under pressure to do well, like the poster above suggested, Iversen went and shat himself. That’s worrying if we are to depend on him at any point this term.

Maybe he thinks he can do that bit more in a friendly to try and impress hence making mistakes. I'd rather continue to form most of my opinion from the 100+ league games he's played in and the rave reviews he's had from each club along with what I've seen of him in that time. Jumping on the lads back and criticising him after 2 pre-season games is ridiculous.

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I don’t think he did too much else wrong but unfortunately he’ll be remembered for that 

Personally I think he’s going to prove a lot of people on here wrong and I can’t wait to see the flip around when he plays a blinder in the cup or fills in for kasper 

On the first point I agree.

On the second point, I am still hoping for big things. I hoped that he was coming back here to fight to take over from Kasper when/if he leaves next season.

40 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

On the first point I agree.

On the second point, I am still hoping for big things. I hoped that he was coming back here to fight to take over from Kasper when/if he leaves next season.

I think it is a lot harder to assess a goal keeper in a few games to be honest.

Personally i’d rather go off what we know from a full season than what we know from games with us. 

A good save is a good save, whether that’s in league 2 or the prem. Hopefully he has one or 2 more games this pre-season and we can see the other side to him. 

I just can’t see Brendan taking a chance on him now though. It would be a big call for so many reasons, so it needed to be one forced on him by how brilliant iversen had been 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If we get a good bid for him then I wouldn't be massively against selling him.

At the end of the day, he won't play next season and we'd want to properly replace Schmeichel.

Happy for Ward to remain #2 and to sell Iversen for a good profit.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Are we willing to let him leave?? 

We will apparently let him leave if Kasper stays

And as it seems like we are looking to be a new number 1 if Kasper does leave... would suggest we would let him go then as well, no indication as to whether permanent or loan again though

He wants to be playing every week as well, not sat on the bench playing about 5 cup games if he is lucky so he wouldn't stay as number 2

18 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

We will apparently let him leave if Kasper stays

And as it seems like we are looking to be a new number 1 if Kasper does leave... would suggest we would let him go then as well, no indication as to whether permanent or loan again though

He wants to be playing every week as well, not sat on the bench playing about 5 cup games if he is lucky so he wouldn't stay as number 2

Reckon we should try and include some buy-back or sell on clause if we do let him go on a permanent. Like you say, he'll probably struggle for game time whether Schmeichel stays or goes - we'll either stick with Kasper or get a replacement for him.

16 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I mean, he is under contract. If Kasper goes, even if we sign a replacement or promote Ward, I could see him staying as a #2 for next season. The new #1 wouldn't have Kasper's stock, and he'd still have a shot at taking the spot.

24 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

If we get a good bid for him then I wouldn't be massively against selling him.

At the end of the day, he won't play next season and we'd want to properly replace Schmeichel.

Happy for Ward to remain #2 and to sell Iversen for a good profit.

Where has Ward been this Pre-Season?

On 18/07/2022 at 00:25, Col city fan said:

I am.pro iversen.   We should give him every chance

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think we'd sell Iversen if offered several million and a sell on clause.

I agree, watching him live yesterday, I just don't see him in a side that wants to build from the back.

He isn't a keeper that BR would want in my view.

The only compromise would be if he sorted the set piece issue and I see little evidence he's that confident at collecting crosses.

Reminds me of how we gave Sowah a few games in pre-season then he was gone for 8m

I see us cashing in on Iversen and Wright.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1