Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Iversen

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

i was talking to a preston fan yesterday explained the first flap against notts c and we both agreed that it was him trying to show he can do what kasper doesn’t. Issue being that this is nothing he did at preston and if anything played in exactly the same way as kasper. 

This guys take was that he’d make a solid lower prem career but he held reservations about whether he was the right keeper for a team that want to challenge for europe. 

Whatever he is trying to do, it doesn't seem to be working. I had high hopes for Iverson, but he has been awful this preseason.

• Like 1

Just now, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Whatever he is trying to do, it doesn't seem to be working. I had high hopes for Iverson, but he has been awful this preseason.

I know it’s only pre season but I thought he was poor as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

i was talking to a preston fan yesterday explained the first flap against notts c and we both agreed that it was him trying to show he can do what kasper doesn’t. Issue being that this is nothing he did at preston and if anything played in exactly the same way as kasper. 

This guys take was that he’d make a solid lower prem career but he held reservations about whether he was the right keeper for a team that want to challenge for europe. 

The thing with Kasper is that by not coming for crosses he never makes those flappy errors that look awful and make people think keepers are sh!t. Fair play to Kasper though, he's not tall as far as keepers go, and he's a super shot stopper so he's just playing to his strengths. However, I wonder how many goals we've conceded from set pieces that could've just been plucked from the air by a taller keeper or one who just comes and claims crosses.

Iversen, whether it's his game or not I don't know, but if he is the type of keeper who comes and claims crosses, he's going to make a few of these gaffes throughout his career, no matter how good a keeper he is. But overall, I'd wager that he'd save his team more goals by coming for crosses and missing the odd one than not coming at all and having one less defensive weapon in the box.

29 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Foxtalk reading Preston fans  forum last season …Kaspers replacement, give him cup games, get rid of Ward let him push for number the  one spot . Foxtalk after 2 halves played in preseason get rid , shocking , Sunday league level let’s. Cash in while his  stock is still high and that other Polish lad is better at kicking . 

We don't have to fully get rid. 

But let's be real for a moment, Iversen is turning 25 this week, he is at a stage in his career where he needs to be playing week in, week out if he's got any aspirations to make it at the top of the game as well as if he wants to keep his spot on the Danish NT. He's not good enough at the minute to be pushing either Kasper or Ward for their spot, so why sit on the bench at Leicester?

We can sell him now and include some sort of buyback clause or one that lets us match the offer should a bigger club come along to buy him in the future if he comes good. But for now, it's best for both parties if a transfer happens. Stolarczyk/ Odunze (depending on loans) can take over as 3rd keeper while still fulfilling their academy duties and best of all, they won't even take up a slot in our 25 man squad

Edited by LFox99
  • Like 1

Not wishing to jump on the ‘bashing’ bandwagon here, but ….. (here we go) at the highest level, you simply do not get the luxury of multiple opportunities to impress, this pre-season is(was) a really key opportunity for Iversen with Kasper’s reign coming to an end in the not too distant future, and it goes without saying that Iversen’s two appearances so far have been calamitous.

I took the links of Iversen’s GK style being similar to Kasper’s as a bit of tongue in cheek with them both being Danish, but he’s looked the exact spitting image in terms of core weaknesses, dominance of the box and coming off his line. Similarly, he also looks like an excellent shot stopper.

I was always a little sceptical of some peoples opinions on here that Iversen was the answer, as for a club wanting to push for European places, it would make no sense to have a rookie keeper with no top flight football experience. We have some good youth GK’s in the pipeline, but that’s exactly where they are, in the pipeline. We should be taking the ‘opportunity’ of Kasper’s reign ending to recruit a keeper which ticks those boxes which are currently lacking.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, baldeagle said:

Foxtalk reading Preston fans  forum last season …Kaspers replacement, give him cup games, get rid of Ward let him push for number the  one spot . Foxtalk after 2 halves played in preseason get rid , shocking , Sunday league level let’s. Cash in while his  stock is still high and that other Polish lad is better at kicking . 

Typical foxes talk

Many have no idea whatsoever. 
I’ve read over the past few months about how Iversen could replace Schmeichel etc… ‘one for the future’, but I’ve never actually seen him play so I’ve never commented.

Now I HAVE seen him play (although only in a pre season friendly) I think he looks suspect. 
But time will tell

• Like 2

I am sorry but I dont see a good goalkeeper in him at all.  Dropped catch from a corner gifted Notts County a goal slow off his line yesterday for their second.  Personally if we could sell and get a bit of money for him it would be a good deal.  No way should he be replacing Ward or Kasper.  He doesnt need to be loaned out again.

29 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

I am sorry but I dont see a good goalkeeper in him at all.  Dropped catch from a corner gifted Notts County a goal slow off his line yesterday for their second.  Personally if we could sell and get a bit of money for him it would be a good deal.  No way should he be replacing Ward or Kasper.  He doesnt need to be loaned out again.

Lad is probably under pressure and not thinking straight. He's been given the opportunity to show his stuff, but is floundering and over trying. There's a decent keeper there, Another loan would do him the world of good.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

Lad is probably under pressure and not thinking straight. He's been given the opportunity to show his stuff, but is floundering and over trying. There's a decent keeper there, Another loan would do him the world of good.

This viewpoint is far too sensible, baffling how many people are willing to write him off after 2 pre-season games. 

• Like 2

He’s clearly under a lot of pressure to impress quickly, it’s bound to lead to mistakes. 

Plenty of keepers have terrible first seasons/half seasons and become class.

Feel like no one is really mentioning the fact he might be feeling the pressure because our number one is having a mysteriously long holiday whilst also being linked with a move before his contract expires… I say mysterious because if his international team mate who plays outfield is back in training there’s no reason Kasper shouldn’t be! 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, LFox99 said:

We don't have to fully get rid. 

But let's be real for a moment, Iversen is turning 25 this week, he is at a stage in his career where he needs to be playing week in, week out if he's got any aspirations to make it at the top of the game as well as if he wants to keep his spot on the Danish NT. He's not good enough at the minute to be pushing either Kasper or Ward for their spot, so why sit on the bench at Leicester?

We can sell him now and include some sort of buyback clause or one that lets us match the offer should a bigger club come along to buy him in the future if he comes good. But for now, it's best for both parties if a transfer happens. Stolarczyk/ Odunze (depending on loans) can take over as 3rd keeper while still fulfilling their academy duties and best of all, they won't even take up a slot in our 25 man squad

...pretty much we are not going to be using our existing keepers as Kasper's replacement!!!

We will bring someone in from another club when Kasper walks.

Iversen seeming to try and do things that he doesn't do on loan, filling Kasper's shoes would be difficult but he would have to be the voice that commands his backline, and right now he does not have the authority to do so, or given that license be authoritive in that situation.

I saw a good few games he played last season and I would back him to be more than capable replacement of Ward as back up and give him some early rounds of the cup competitions to start blooding him, can he eventually take over from Kasper, that remains to be seen, but I certainly wouldn’t be making decisions based on 2 pre season friendlies. 

10 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Maybe, but I’m not sure the header was ever really on. But if he’d stayed away he’d have looked bad as well.

He was positioned correctly for me, unfortunately the ball lost all momentum on the bounce. He could have then tried to come out like a maniac and most likely injury himself or the opponent, but I don't think there was any need. 

The players and coaches will know it wasn't really an error.

These things seem to come in groups for keepers though. Drop a corner, then in no mans land for another goal. Usually just takes a good save or something for things to change. Much like a striker that goes on a scoring run after one hits their arse and bobbles over the line.

2 Halves in pre season doesn't erode 2 fantastic seasons previously.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

Committed to heading it clear?

I thought he hesitated and let the striker in

don’t think that’s what he meant. I thought he meant in the rest of the game? 

I don’t think he did too much else wrong but unfortunately he’ll be remembered for that 

Personally I think he’s going to prove a lot of people on here wrong and I can’t wait to see the flip around when he plays a blinder in the cup or fills in for kasper 

It all comes down to how brendan sees it at the end of the day. I hope he will assess more than a single moment though.  

I think he’s a slow starter, clearly needs to build confidence first. His first starts at leuven, rotherham and preston all had a shakey start, before becoming really solid. 

Edited by Lambert09