Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Iversen

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/middlesbrough-keen-to-muscle-in-on-potential-preston-leicester-deal/
Middlesbrough have asked Leicester City to keep them aware of developments on Daniel Iversen’s future with Championship rivals Preston North End keen to sign the goalkeeper permanently, according to the Northern Echo. 

Chris Wilder is understood to want to strengthen between the sticks with Boro open to offers for both Joe Lumley and Luke Daniels this summer.

Reading between the lines, we are open to selling him IMO. Very surprising but like Sowah last summer, we need to play the game of bringing youngsters through but also knowing which ones we can make some decent money on to help collectively keep improving our squad.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Reading between the lines, we are open to selling him IMO. Very surprising but like Sowah last summer, we need to play the game of bringing youngsters through but also knowing which ones we can make some decent money on to help collectively keep improving our squad.

Big lad, good shot stopper, not very good with his feet.

• Like 2

He's nearly 25, he doesn't need another loan, he's proved what he can do throughout the football league with three different clubs.

Either give him a chance or sell him.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He's nearly 25, he doesn't need another loan, he's proved what he can do throughout the football league with three different clubs.

Either give him a chance or sell him.

Exactly and the same goes for Hirst and Wright.

• Like 1

If we let him go, then we'll be needing to sign a starting quality keeper in the next two seasons. Maybe the feeling is he won't be at the level of keeper we require? Or perhaps we want a more modern ball-playing keeper rather than a pure shot stopper?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

To be fair look like we did the right thing to cash.

We also need to be follow Chelsea lead at sticking in buy back clauses in. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

To be fair look like we did the right thing to cash.

We also need to be follow Chelsea lead at sticking in buy back clauses in. 

And another thing is to buy in additional 16-20 year old talent (harder to do now we cannot sign U18 EU players unless we loan them straight out) but that boosts the pool of players to come through to use and players to increase their value and sell on. I think we need to be more proactive in this sense, we have 2 high value redevelopments we are having to pay off in the coming years as well as an inevitable drop off from regularly featuring in the top 6.

• Like 1

Would he prefer to be like Ward here,picking up a good wage for very little game time or as he is, a regular at a lower level?

His attitude will have as much to do with where he ends up as what the club would like.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Would he prefer to be like Ward here,picking up a good wage for very little game time or as he is, a regular at a lower level?

His attitude will have as much to do with where he ends up as what the club would like.

Pure guesswork but I think he'll prefer being a number 1 and regular gametime over sitting on the bench earning a decent wage, it might be ok for him for a season or two but not long term.

My guess is Iverson's agent will want to know the club's intentions this summer. If they intend to start the next season with Kasper then he will probably want a transfer . This will be the same for Wright and Hirst. The only thing that might make them stay is considerably improved contracts.

• Like 1

The Preston manager raves about him, says he's too good for the championship and is a 15-20m player which is why they wouldn't be able to sign him permanently. I suspect he will want first team football somewhere unless we can promise him a route to the first team if Kasper does leave. 

He has been superb for PNE this season, personally I would keep him and move on Ward as I think we could get a similar fee and in keeping Iversen have a better long term successor for Kasper. 

only issue I can see is lack of game time being a problem, he has got used to playing over 40

games a season at a decent level and therefore may not fancy the odd appearance in the early rounds of both domestic cup competitions as his only first team opportunities.  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

He has been superb for PNE this season, personally I would keep him and move on Ward as I think we could get a similar fee and in keeping Iversen have a better long term successor for Kasper. 

only issue I can see is lack of game time being a problem, he has got used to playing over 40

games a season at a decent level and therefore may not fancy the odd appearance in the early rounds of both domestic cup competitions as his only first team opportunities.  

Plus he insisted that he go out on loan as he wants to play not sit on the bench. We may be able to convince him to be a number 2 for a year if we promise him a route to the first team but it sounds like he isn't the type to just sit on a bench and take his salary, he actually wants to start somewhere. Plenty of teams in the Championship would want to buy him and maybe even some in the prem. 

Probably going to get slated for this as everyone hates a grammar nazi but any chance we can change the title of the thread to his name Iversen? It's a really, really easy mistake to make but he is our player and may even end up our number 1 or bringing us in a large transfer fee so it seems only right we spell his name correctly. Not being a **** I've spelt it wrong myself looking him up on Google in the past. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Probably going to get slated for this as everyone hates a grammar nazi but any chance we can change the title of the thread to his name Iversen? It's a really, really easy mistake to make but he is our player and may even end up our number 1 or bringing us in a large transfer fee so it seems only right we spell his name correctly. Not being a **** I've spelt it wrong myself looking him up on Google in the past. 

As pet peeves go, this one is up there with people putting random apostrophes into Ndidi, Ndicka, Ndombele or any other Nd name for me. Happens with Eriksen all the time too.

Edited by -sodapop
  • Like 1

We have 5 subs next year,

I have already allocated one change to Vardy at 45 mins, every other game.

Bring Iversen on last 30 mins every other, other game.

Give Kasper a 2nd contracted job as a ballboy or perhaps a match ticket, so he can legally sit behind the goal shouting for the duration.

Or something similar, I am flexible

Who’s that youth keeper from the states? He’s a big lad. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t get a loan deal next year.. we have the possibility of losing at least two keepers in the summer so I’d be surprised if Iversen isn’t at least on the bench next year… I just don’t think we will promote him to be no1. He’ll get cup games I’d imagine… but will he be ok with that?

we have an interesting  summer coming up with regards to our GK situation.

• Like 1