Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Schmeichel

2 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

I’m going to hell for this… but I really wouldn’t be bothered if he left now. Not getting any younger, can’t claim crosses, he should shoulder some of the blame for set piece record… Legend, no doubt, one of the best, if not, the best in my lifetime I’ve seen play for Leicester. But every good thing comes to an end (just not Vardy, please never age / retire). 

Think 50 years in purgatory should set you right, no need to go all the way to visit Satan.  :thumbup:

Seriously, I am of the same mind, he still can do it, but he is declining and the whole defence, manager and coaches carry the can for the set piece horror show.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Think 50 years in purgatory should set you right, no need to go all the way to visit Satan.  :thumbup:

Seriously, I am of the same mind, he still can do it, but he is declining and the whole defence, manager and coaches carry the can for the set piece horror show.

Rodgers / defence / Kasper should all shoulder responsibility for the set piece issues, not just one or the other - but I watched some of the spurs Arsenal game and I’m jealous watching Lloris come and claim so many crosses 🤮

Legend and it would be really sad to see him go. If he does then hope its abroad. He's on huge wages and we should get a decent fee with a year left if he does so that's a small consolation. Iverson sounds ready but if those at the club think not then Dean Henderson would probably be my pick as a replacement. If he stays then I think we all know he won't be staying beyond this contract but at least we would have a season to brace ourselves for him leaving. If it was this summer it would seem like an unspoken goodbye. 

2 hours ago, TMELcfc said:

I’m going to hell for this… but I really wouldn’t be bothered if he left now. Not getting any younger, can’t claim crosses, he should shoulder some of the blame for set piece record… Legend, no doubt, one of the best, if not, the best in my lifetime I’ve seen play for Leicester. But every good thing comes to an end (just not Vardy, please never age / retire). 

I think thats a pretty broadly-held opinion actually.  I think it would be best for the club to move on, honestly.  Preferably with a keeper who plays modern football.  I'd certainly be open to giving Iverson a shot to prove himself but I'm skeptical that he's the long-term answer.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

Didn't his dad go to Sporting Lisbon at a similar stage in his career? Can see Kasper going somewhere like that or to an Italian or Spanish side with European football. 

One of my favourite ever LCFC players, an absolute club legend in my eyes so he deserves this opportunity imho - if that's what he wants. Don't think he will be as easy to replace as some think. His replacement will have big boots (gloves) to fill as I personally think many fans are so fixated on his weaknesses that they overlook his many strengths and what a consistent performer he is.

Losing our captain is huge too. I think we are pretty much all agreed that the team is too nice and we could potentially lose one of the players who has never been shy to give others a bollocking and to say how it is. It's not just the position that would need replacing.

I tend to agree. He's an easy scapegoat. This year ain't been his best but regardless deserves more respect. A class keeper at his best. Absolutely a legend 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MPH said:

Well, if he’s going to leave I suppose during a rebuild we can ‘ reluctantly’ allow him to leave and get in a ball playing GK who can come for crosses

Where do we find one of those as there aren't many around, unless you have 40m odd to spend on a keeper.

16 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

Didn't his dad go to Sporting Lisbon at a similar stage in his career? Can see Kasper going somewhere like that or to an Italian or Spanish side with European football. 

One of my favourite ever LCFC players, an absolute club legend in my eyes so he deserves this opportunity imho - if that's what he wants. Don't think he will be as easy to replace as some think. His replacement will have big boots (gloves) to fill as I personally think many fans are so fixated on his weaknesses that they overlook his many strengths and what a consistent performer he is.

Losing our captain is huge too. I think we are pretty much all agreed that the team is too nice and we could potentially lose one of the players who has never been shy to give others a bollocking and to say how it is. It's not just the position that would need replacing.

The only thing that makes me feel more comfortable about Kasper moving on is the thought of our recruitment team highlighting the need for a commanding GK.

Kasper hasn’t changed in all the years but without the Huth’s and Morgan’s of this world aggressively attacking headers his biggest flaw (his distribution with feet not far off) has been highlighted in what is surely our biggest disappointment of a season since back in the Prem.

Legend but just like Morgan and others, there is no time for sentiment in competitive sport.

4 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Where do we find one of those as there aren't many around, unless you have 40m odd to spend on a keeper.

Totally agree but let’s start with the basics - how many more points would we have picked up if he single handedly stepped up to the mark when our confidence as a side was shot to pieces at defending corners.

Also, hardly as if Kasper is notorious for being a “ball playing GK” as per the original post.

Pope for me just don’t expect Burnley to let him go on the cheap as look at their recent history (Tarkowski and McNeil) etc.

10 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Totally agree but let’s start with the basics - how many more points would we have picked up if he single handedly stepped up to the mark when our confidence as a side was shot to pieces at defending corners.

Also, hardly as if Kasper is notorious for being a “ball playing GK” as per the original post.

Pope for me just don’t expect Burnley to let him go on the cheap as look at their recent history (Tarkowski and McNeil) etc.

Yeah I would probably go for Pope as well although I'm not sure he is the best with his feet if that's the profile of keeper we aim to go for. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Only Kepa and Alisson have cost over 40m in transfers. Pretty sure there are Keepers about for less than that :)

2 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

'goes back to Copenhagen'???????

He's never lived in Copenhagen let alone played for them.

He was born there. Peter Schmeichel didn't leave for Manchester United until Kasper was 5. 

His sister has lived in Copenhagen all of her adult life. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

He was born there. Peter Schmeichel didn't leave for Manchester United until Kasper was 5. 

His sister has lived in Copenhagen all of her adult life. 

So he has no memories of the country or city, likely that he sees himself as English rather than Danish?

20 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

So he has no memories of the country or city, likely that he sees himself as English rather than Danish?

If you listen/watch his recent interview with Ben Foster on the youtube vid/Podcast, he says he considers Copenhagen to be home and regulary spends time during the summer there.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, slymunn said:

Only Kepa and Alisson have cost over 40m in transfers. Pretty sure there are Keepers about for less than that :)

Who are good at coming for high balls, have great distribution and a good shot stopper, they are a few and far between?

Yes there are lots of keepers but not many with those attributes.

2 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

So how much are we getting Pope for?

Take him in a flash, but we aren't going to spend the money they want.

Kasper is decent with his feet compared to a lot of keepers, does that mean he doesn't make mistakes, of course not.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Who are good at coming for high balls, have great distribution and a good shot stopper, they are a few and far between?

Yes there are lots of keepers but not many with those attributes.

Thats why you buy the keeper which suits what style of play you have. You can see the improvement in a team when they sign a keeper which suits that. Could argue the current top 3 all improved with the change of keeper to Ederson, Alisson and Mendy. All different types but suit what is required by the manager.

Kasper suited a team that sits back and counters more than a ball playing possession game.

9 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

well, all of our recent best players we made them into the players they were… Kasper, mahrez, Kante, Vardy, maddison … we’ll probably have to go down that route instead of buying an established star.