Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Boubakary Soumare

34 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Exactly, they're out of contract and we want them gone. Make them an offer, any saving is a saving. We need to free up wages.

It's not just wages we need to save on either. We need squad space. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Exactly, they're out of contract and we want them gone. Make them an offer, any saving is a saving. We need to free up wages.

There are a lot of players I think will end up seeing out their contracts on loan: We won't sell them, and we just need to get as much of their wages covered as possible.

At the same time, I think the club is taking time to get as much money as we can: Soumare to Monaco, possibly Perez to Spain, and squeezing as much as we can for Tielemans and Cags.

I also think we are going to sell Wright and Hirst for a fairly tidy profit.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

It doesn't work like that mate

Am I missing something ? 

irrespective of the business and football sense of the decision, if you offered perez his next twelve months salary and tore up his contract im sure he’d take it. Infact, I think he’d take 70% of his salary to do it because as a free agent he can command a few mill in a s/o fee 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Am I missing something ? 

irrespective of the business and football sense of the decision, if you offered perez his next twelve months salary and tore up his contract im sure he’d take it. Infact, I think he’d take 70% of his salary to do it because as a free agent he can command a few mill in a s/o fee 

I'm really not as in to how football contracts work as the rest of you, but are there many examples of clubs buying out the final year of players contracts in them modern era? I don't really recall any examples, but as i say its not an area i know much about.

36 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes it does. If any of them leave this summer it will be because we've subsidised their wages. That's what I'm saying, sell Soumare and then use the money for a player we don't rely on to help shift the other pony we don't want. I worded it as if just pay them off and be done with it, in reality you say here's 40-50% of your wages now fcuk off and find another club to pay the rest and don't come back.

Your approach would leave us with the ability to buy 2 players, a plus 10m Bill and a squad of about 16 players. 

38 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes it does. If any of them leave this summer it will be because we've subsidised their wages. That's what I'm saying, sell Soumare and then use the money for a player we don't rely on to help shift the other pony we don't want. I worded it as if just pay them off and be done with it, in reality you say here's 40-50% of your wages now fcuk off and find another club to pay the rest and don't come back.

No chance they do that!

If it was that easy we would done it with Ghezzel, Slim and Silva.

4 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Your approach would leave us with the ability to buy 2 players, a plus 10m Bill and a squad of about 16 players. 

Quite but it’s still feasible.

I wasn’t sure from your initial response if there was something I hadn’t thought of that prevented it being an option. 

42 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The Turks will hoover up the likes of Mendy and Perez for minimal fees towards the end of the summer but at least it will get their wages off our books + free up squad spaces. Shipping them off to turkey for free would be better than paying off their contracts. Hamza will be the difficult one to shift though, as championship clubs won't be willing to pay more than 20-30% of his wages.

32 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Would absolutely not be in our interest to pay anyone off. Yes we want to shift players, but why take a financial hit when they can be used in the mean time and let go at the end of their contract? Some may not be in our long term plans, but they’re still PL standard footballers. 

You do realise every summer that's essentially what we do with the likes of Praet, Ghezzal and other fringe players? We subsidise their wages to go elsewhere to clubs who take advantage of the PL gravy train.

We need to free up squad space, there's several who nobody will pay a transfer fee for on big wages with a year of their deal left. If we want to bring players in then we will be chuffing up.

• Like 3

If we can get a decent fee for him I think it may be best to sell him for the greater good of our potential recruitment plan. There is a chance he may adjust but that is a risk to our season overall considering the issues he had in that previous season as well as filling tielemens void dependent on his departure.

At the very least it allows us to recoup from that poor last summer window and frees up funds for a move for Colwill if the opportunity arises. 

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

They did with Silva and Slimani 😂😂😂

Slimini signed left on a free, after 3.5 years with 6 months left on his contact because he had the chance to go to Lyon on a free.

Silva after 3 year to go to Sampdoria on a free.

They left because they found very decent clubs to go to.

Who coming in off that standard for Perez, Hamza, Bertrand, to make them want to go?

We will shift Mendy, because his already show desire to leave.

No why we give Vestergaard a free transfer, transfer fees are accounted for in accounting term over the length of a players contact, so in vesty case it's 4.5m a years, we rip up his contact that's 9m you have to stick in thos years accounts, plus and thing you pay him to bugger off?

• Like 1

Sadly the reality is we've just gotta suck it up this summer (feels like we say this every summer). In 12 months a lot of the dead wood will naturally have gone and we can hopefully invest the wages elsewhere in some young and hungry players. Get scouting the Championship and League 1.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Slimini signed left on a free, after 3.5 years with 6 months left on his contact because he had the chance to go to Lyon on a free.

Who coming in off that standard for Perez, Hamza, Bertrand, to make them want to go?

No why we give Vestergaard a free transfer, transfer fees are accounted for in accounting term over the length of a players contact, so in vesty case it's 4.5m a years, we rip up his contact that's 9m you have to stick in thos years accounts, plus and thing you pay him to bugger off?

Whoever sanctioned this needs castrating. Personally I blame Villeral (Vestargaard)

Edited by mozartfox

2 hours ago, turlo said:

The Turks will hoover up the likes of Mendy and Perez for minimal fees towards the end of the summer but at least it will get their wages off our books + free up squad spaces. Shipping them off to turkey for free would be better than paying off their contracts. Hamza will be the difficult one to shift though, as championship clubs won't be willing to pay more than 20-30% of his wages.

I've made this point before but I would rather keep those players, despite the cost and even if it means that we can't buy, rather than let continental clubs take the piss.  We do not need a reputation as a soft touch club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Vestergaard has 2 years left on his contract, which at 80k a week is going to be a nightmare convincing any other club to take him on without either us subsidising his wages but we get small loan fees or no loan fee but maybe someone covers all his wages.

Hamza will go, but we will cover half or more of his wages and Perez I'm not convinced we actually want him to go sadly, but Betis and Valencia both been linked and loan or otherwise we'd be covering some wages. Silva and Slimani we had to do the same.

42 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Vestergaard has 2 years left on his contract, which at 80k a week is going to be a nightmare convincing any other club to take him on without either us subsidising his wages but we get small loan fees or no loan fee but maybe someone covers all his wages.

Hamza will go, but we will cover half or more of his wages and Perez I'm not convinced we actually want him to go sadly, but Betis and Valencia both been linked and loan or otherwise we'd be covering some wages. Silva and Slimani we had to do the same.

£80k a week....

...For Vestergaard?...  :cry::cry::cry:

You must be mistaken?

Surely...?????    :fc:

Edited by murphy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

£80k a week? How sure are you of this?

There wasn't any competition for his signature and Southampton wanted him gone.

1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

£80k a week? How sure are you of this?

There wasn't any competition for his signature and Southampton wanted him gone.

We are really generous with contract offers it seems. I can’t get my head around 80k per week for a backup defender but maybe thats what it took to convince him to be backup. 

8 hours ago, deep blue said:

Really can't understand the slating of Hamza among our fans on here.  Is there any game this season where he let us down?  Also, why the rush to get rid of decent squad players. You need these for emergency situations or in-game tactical changes.  If we are struggling to sell them then we will get little or nothing for them and it may cost much more to replace them with players that may turn out to be no better.

I ain’t slating no-one

I’m pointing out the lunacy in which the world of football could ever pay a player like Choudry 60 thousand pounds a week

8 hours ago, deep blue said:

Really can't understand the slating of Hamza among our fans on here.  Is there any game this season where he let us down?  Also, why the rush to get rid of decent squad players. You need these for emergency situations or in-game tactical changes.  If we are struggling to sell them then we will get little or nothing for them and it may cost much more to replace them with players that may turn out to be no better.

I think it’s more since he’s made the first team squad, he hasn’t been worthy of holding down a first team position and in terms of his importance to the squad, he’s overpaid.

As for last season, he started what one game in the league in his natural position against Palace and did what Hamza does…run around a bit but lacks positional sense 🤷🏻‍♂️