Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Boubakary Soumare

2 minutes ago, Micky said:

Yep, let's believe a random website. I'm going to set one up and start posting penis sizes of the first team squad.

There's only 2 websites that publish wages and both say £75k a week so fill your boots Micky.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

I think it’s more since he’s made the first team squad, he hasn’t been worthy of holding down a first team position and in terms of his importance to the squad, he’s overpaid.

As for last season, he started what one game in the league in his natural position against Palace and did what Hamza does…run around a bit but lacks positional sense 🤷🏻‍♂️

And as someone wrote earlier, that’s probably why if we wanted to loan him out, we can’t do. Who else would match that salary for Hamza?

People see LCFC as a paragon of financial common sense. More recently I think we’ve made some idiotic decisions.

Choudry on 60k per week, 15 million for Vestergaard. Was it 35 mill for Perez? And of course the debacle that was Slimani. 
We haven’t got a soap box to stand on at the moment imo.

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

And as someone wrote earlier, that’s probably why if we wanted to loan him out, we can’t do. Who else would match that salary for Hamza?

People see LCFC as a paragon of financial common sense. More recently I think we’ve made some idiotic decisions.

Choudry on 60k per week, 15 million for Vestergaard. Was it 35 mill for Perez? And of course the debacle that was Slimani. 
We haven’t got a soap box to stand on at the moment imo.

You forgot Silva also, who I believe we are still paying a chunk of his salary.

• Sad 2

20 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

You forgot Silva also, who I believe we are still paying a chunk of his salary.

We won’t be anymore, if we didn’t pay a lump sum to terminate, then it would have only been for the remainder of his original contract which would’ve ended in 2021

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Micky said:

Yep, let's believe a random website. I'm going to set one up and start posting penis sizes of the first team squad.

Most places have him on 60k at Southampton 

The average Prem wage is 50k

its not exactly beyond the realms of reality that a 29 year old that just played in the Euros semi final and was signed for £15m due to being in the last year of his contract is on 15k a week more than his old deal.

13 hours ago, Col city fan said:

More recently I think we’ve made some idiotic decisions.

Choudry on 60k per week, 15 million for Vestergaard. Was it 35 mill for Perez? 

There was an argument last week as to whether he cost £16m or £30m. Thanks to Col (just joking) he'll have cost £40m by Wednesday and be on £150ka week.

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

The PL average wages were around 60k in 2019.

Is it any surprise a club trying to be a top 6 regulars is paying an average wage of  70-80k?

Especially when you can freely see the amount we collectively spend on wages and our average is way up there.

Just now, coolhandfox said:

The PL average wages were around 60k in 2019.

Is it any surprise a club trying to be a top 6 regulars is paying an average wage of  70-80k?

It is when the quality of the players outside of our best fifteen players is so low. You'd have to consider how West Ham and Wolves wage bills are lower. One of those is with London 'tax' too. 

It's an area that we really need to improve. Twice after success we've tried padding out the squad and twice it's been a disaster. On the first occasion, it took a bit of time to sort. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

I don't understand how he is being written off so easily.

As firstly he hasn't even played, and secondly when he has been given the odd 10 minutes he's being asked to play a different role all the time.

I feel sorry for him. Rodgers signed him with no plan as to where he was going to play him.

One minute he's playing as an 8, the next he's in Ndidi's position....It's hard enough adapting to a new country and league, let alone half a dozen different positions and systems.

The fact Rodgers also said at the start of the season that he and Daka would need their first season to settle in, is clearly another example of him just lying, when he's looking to get rid of one after 12 months, without a fair chance.

Soumare is a very talented player, and was performing very well at a side who was competing at a higher level in Europe than us. He's clearly better than what we have, but we have a very poor manager incapable of coaching players to improvement.

Is there even any articles saying that Rodgers wants him gone? Or just articles saying monaco are interested?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It is when the quality of the players outside of our best fifteen players is so low. You'd have to consider how West Ham and Wolves wage bills are lower. One of those is with London 'tax' too. 

It's an area that we really need to improve. Twice after success we've tried padding out the squad and twice it's been a disaster. On the first occasion, it took a bit of time to sort. 

Wage compression for 20/21 aren't very useful as a number of clubs had deferred wages from 2019-20, and some didn't dependent on when their accounting date was.

We were one that did and had 20% of player & management bonuses deferred from 2019/20 to 202/21 which caused most of the increase in our wage bill according to Swish Ramble.

An interesting comparison will be us and West Ham for 2021/22. 

I'm not arguing we haven't made some bad choices that need to be fixed, but it is not as black and white as some think. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, StinckleyFox said:

Is there even any articles saying that Rodgers wants him gone? Or just articles saying monaco are interested?

Suspect neither.  Hot air as people bored with this action packed window.

• Like 1