Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Boubakary Soumare

https://mediafootmarseille.fr/latalanta-et-monaco-pensent-a-boubakary-soumare-leicester/.html

ATALANTA AND MONACO THINK OF BOUBAKARY SOUMARÉ

According to our information, Boubakary Soumaré is of great interest to the transfer window this summer. Two clubs have just positioned themselves in the midfield.

Trained at PSG , Boubakary Soumaré exploded at LOSC for four seasons. A recovering midfielder, capable of offering a large volume of play, the Franco-Senegalese quickly saw the English clubs position themselves on him. And in the summer of 2021, it was Leicester who managed to sign him for 20 million euros. A great deal at the time for LOSC , which had recovered the player for… zero! But the English experience is not yet conclusive for Boubakary Soumaré in strong competition. Enough to consider leaving? Not impossible.

The first of these clubs is in France. This is AS Monaco. Philippe Clement would like a reinforcement in the midfield to bring depth. Soumare seems to tick all the boxes for the Belgian manager. It remains to be seen as to whether Leicester will agree to loan their player for a season, he has a long contract (June 2026). In Italy, Atalanta is scouting all over Europe. As we wrote, Italian leaders are watching Alexis Beka Beka (Lokomotiv Moscow) and Ibrahima Diallo (Southampton). Soumare is also part of this shortlist.

Edited by moore_94
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rusko187 said:

Prefer to see him given 1 more season, I just think we're giving up on him too quickly.

It's not down to football. 

He's been missing because of personal issues. Can't see him settling here. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

He was Congertons player so a season on loan out there might help.

And once again we pick up the tab. We are fast becoming a joke.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

And once again we pick up the tab. We are fast becoming a joke.

Monaco might be interested in a permanent transfer. 10m net spend last summer and just got 75m for Tchouameni so they have cash to splash.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Wow exciting news.... something different then the usual threads..

Hopefully we get about 15m to put in the transfer kitty and get a move on

Looking at his reported wage he came from lille (on 16k a week) to leicester on (83k a week). Such a massive pay increase I think it'll be hard to sell him back to a french team as PSG are the only ones who pay incredibly high wages. I know monaco have some high earners but thats players like ben yedder who has been a top striker for years now.

Atalanta aswell, he would have to become their highest earner if he didn't want to take a pay cut, cant see them making him their highest earner.

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

Doubt we will see any of it.  The French, Italian and Turkish Clubs are like those mates who disappear into the pub toilet when it’s their round.

My roundalitus is a terrible affliction  

Edited by baldeagle
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Prefer to see him given 1 more season, I just think we're giving up on him too quickly.

If he has another crapper though, his stock will be even less, 2 years into a Contract probably on a lumpy wage.

Queue the offers from Italian and Turkish teams for loans deals for 2 seasons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red Squirrel said:

Premier league football is too quick for him.

Contrast the impact of KDH v BS (even allowing for a settling down period)

Sell £15M min.

This is just it regarding giving him a second chance. He started the season in the same spot in the team as KDH but flopped despite a long run of games, whereas KDH flourished. Yes it takes time for players to settle but Fofana, Kante, Ricardo all hit the ground running. Daka is inconsistent but showed what he could do. Soumare never really did. And because of KDH we don’t really need him to either. 

Feels like another Kramaric / Iborra situation to me. Good player but better suited elsewhere. No harm in that, sometimes these things happen! Robert Huth not good enough for Stoke, Marc Albrighton not good enough for Villa. Pretty good for us though! 

• Like 3

Tricky one this.

the fast attacking exciting and everything going well leicester city always gives new players a season to adjust and no pressure to improve- it comes naturally…  and offers the possibility of  a loan and for someone to come back stronger/ better.

but a disjointed leicester that has a manager talking about a rebuild… well, only the nailed on starters are safe and he isn’t one of them.

im happy with 8th in the table but I can’t bare to watch such turgid disjointed football all season long again. If him leaving can improve our starting 11 then it has to happen.

• Like 1

If somebody wants him then we have to sell him, a loan is no good as we're still lumbered with the majority of his wages. If he doesn't impress then we're not shifting him and we're stuck with his wages plus miss out on a reasonable fee too.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

If somebody wants him then we have to sell him, a loan is no good as we're still lumbered with the majority of his wages. If he doesn't impress then we're not shifting him and we're stuck with his wages plus miss out on a reasonable fee too.

Do we know what he's being paid?

I doubt it matches whatever Fofana is on so may be that the difference won't be that big.

1 minute ago, hackneyfox said:

Do we know what he's being paid?

I doubt it matches whatever Fofana is on so may be that the difference won't be that big.

The average wage at the club is 93k p/w, even if he's 'only' on 60k p/w we still better off shifting him 

Just now, hackneyfox said:

I very much doubt he's on £60k in his first season with us. I certainly hope not.

We spent £20m on him and he'd just won the league in France, he's not going to join a PL side for any less than £50k pw as a minimum.

One website says £83k, one £56k and one £99k 

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

We'd need to do something to persuade him to join us over champions league football....60k is average for us

What was he on before he joined us? £20k a week?

If £60k is average then I still doubt we'd be bringing in anyone on anything close to that, Fofana would be the exception for me.

Stadt is claiming that the average is £93k, you're claiming £60k.