Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Okay, weird title I know! 
 

However, I’m Currently in Mauritius and my mind was blown yesterday, as our Taxi driver thought we’d only been formed a few year before we won the Premier League title! We had a good hour discussing our history whilst my wife went to sleep in the back 😂 

 

He thought I was crazy when I told him I’d changed my team to Leicester from Barcelona when I was younger. 
 

He was a Liverpool supporter. Apparently Liverpool have  built an academy on the Island and most of the players typically play for France. 
 

The Island is apparently largely Liverpool  / Manchester. He said it’s like a national holiday when they play. 
 

……. he could be feeding me BS, however it did make me laugh. 

 

Anyone else found some weird perceptions on us whilst travelling around the world? 

Posted
4 hours ago, Sly said:

Okay, weird title I know! 
 

However, I’m Currently in Mauritius and my mind was blown yesterday, as our Taxi driver thought we’d only been formed a few year before we won the Premier League title! We had a good hour discussing our history whilst my wife went to sleep in the back 😂 

 

He thought I was crazy when I told him I’d changed my team to Leicester from Barcelona when I was younger. 
 

He was a Liverpool supporter. Apparently Liverpool have  built an academy on the Island and most of the players typically play for France. 
 

The Island is apparently largely Liverpool  / Manchester. He said it’s like a national holiday when they play. 
 

……. he could be feeding me BS, however it did make me laugh. 

 

Anyone else found some weird perceptions on us whilst travelling around the world? 

Beautiful place to Visit take your Mrs to a Restaurant in Le Chamarel it’s amazing the views from the canopy and the food is  superb !

https://www.lechamarelrestaurant.com/
 

on your post tho went to Cuba and the waiter asked for my shirt before we leave, I gave it to him that day as I had another one  he certainly made our stay an even better one giving us the non tourist watered down with local alcohol whiskey 

  • Thanks 1
Posted

After we won the league cup my mrs who worked in the clubs ticket office was wearing a Coca Cola shirt with Leicester city champions on it. We were on safari in Kenya near Voi and had stopped at a gift shop. She swapped the shirt for 2 carved elephants with the owner.

  • Haha 3
Posted
4 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

After we won the league cup my mrs who worked in the clubs ticket office was wearing a Coca Cola shirt with Leicester city champions on it. We were on safari in Kenya near Voi and had stopped at a gift shop. She swapped the shirt for 2 carved elephants with the owner.

You've set yourself up there wait for the comments..........😀

  • Haha 2
Posted

It could be just me, but I think people almost double take when they see a Leicester shirt abroad now, and that includes the English. We have almost earned a strange kind of respect. After we won the league, I went Disneyland in Florida and the guy that is there when you get of the coach to say welcome saw my shirt and I couldn't get away. 😂 Even the locals in Cape Verde know us and can name some of the players. I'm going back Florida in just under 6 weeks, I'll see if our fame is still the same haha

Posted

I think even in blighty perception changed. As long  as we are in the top half of the Premier League and challenge for a cup or give the big sides the odd bloody nose will will retain respect. Before we got good you would get a quizzical look from other fans. When we did become good I had to point out more than once I was not a new fan of the club. Old friends and colleagues knew I had paid my dues after years of suffering 

  • Like 1
Posted
1 hour ago, mazarron fox said:

After we won the league cup my mrs who worked in the clubs ticket office was wearing a Coca Cola shirt with Leicester city champions on it. We were on safari in Kenya near Voi and had stopped at a gift shop. She swapped the shirt for 2 carved elephants with the owner.

Hope she had another T-shirt on her that could have caused a few red faces 😉

Posted

I was talking to a Bolt food delivery guy in Riga who asked where I was from. He still had no idea where Leicester was (although telling him it was near Birmingham gave him an idea), but then after a couple of seconds thought said "Ah! Champions Leicester!"

 

Top lad, Valentins.

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

In our slightly less famous 90s heydey, I was wearing my City shirt in Spain after we won the League Cup (and possibly after exiting the UEFA Cup) and the bar man said "Ah, Leicester City, you not forget Juninho, eh?"

Enough of a fan to have seen the UEFA Cup games, and not enough to have seen Kaamark stopping him playing in the final, I suppose. He was apparently a Barca fan anyway.

Edited by Mike the Metal Ed
Posted
2 hours ago, mazarron fox said:

After we won the league cup my mrs who worked in the clubs ticket office was wearing a Coca Cola shirt with Leicester city champions on it. We were on safari in Kenya near Voi and had stopped at a gift shop. She swapped the shirt for 2 carved elephants with the owner.

Were you actually with her when this happened? … or did she just return not wearing any shirt and holding a carved elephant? Did she say? “ … I couldn’t resist his trunk?” 

  • Haha 2
Posted
7 hours ago, Sly said:

Okay, weird title I know! 
 

However, I’m Currently in Mauritius and my mind was blown yesterday, as our Taxi driver thought we’d only been formed a few year before we won the Premier League title! We had a good hour discussing our history whilst my wife went to sleep in the back 😂 

 

He thought I was crazy when I told him I’d changed my team to Leicester from Barcelona when I was younger. 
 

He was a Liverpool supporter. Apparently Liverpool have  built an academy on the Island and most of the players typically play for France. 
 

The Island is apparently largely Liverpool  / Manchester. He said it’s like a national holiday when they play. 
 

……. he could be feeding me BS, however it did make me laugh. 

 

Anyone else found some weird perceptions on us whilst travelling around the world? 

Was in Rhodes and there was big 6 souvenirs and one other club - little owd Lestoh :rolleyes:

Posted

On the flip side, the amount of people I’ve had say to me “oh I bet you only started supported them when they won the league” lol 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Posted
2 minutes ago, Bert said:

On the flip side, the amount of people I’ve had say to me “oh I bet you only started supported them when they won the league” lol 

Spent a whole summer in 16 having to justify and explain that my lad was wearing city shirts most days on holiday because I had been going since the late 80s and followed us pretty much everywhere in that time.

 

Got right on my nerves. Especially when half of then probably support man utd from an armchair.

  • Like 1
Posted

Winning the league made us known almost everywhere I’ve been, especially close to the time of the win, before that I’d often have to describe Leicester and being next to Notttingham… “Have you heard of Robin Hood?”

Guest Electric Yetis
Posted (edited)

Nipped into the Foxes Arms in Alcudia yesterday. There was a Norwegian Leicester fan in there on the table behind. I was astounded by his knowledge of the club from top to bottom.

Edited by Rain King
Guest TamworthFoxes
Posted
26 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Nipped into the Foxes Arms in Alcudia yesterday. There was a Norweigan Leicester fan in there on the table behind. I was astounded by his knowledge of the club from top to bottom.

Can’t believe that place is still going, I was there in 2015 and amazed by it!

 

C631EA5C-9C3C-4B6E-8CAC-3AB9DAB6F3C3.jpeg

Posted
8 hours ago, jonny_wright said:

Here in Halkidiki I was speaking to some Russians from Samara who knew lots about leicester and even said after 2016 we are lots of peoples favourite PL team

They’re pretty used to being fed propaganda bullsh*t by their leader too aren’t they 

 

I put a funny story in one of the threads a while back about being in Marseille in the Euros. It’s quite long winded but my leicester badge leg tattoo got us out of being battered by a fair few Algerians in a pub 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, jonny_wright said:

Here in Halkidiki I was speaking to some Russians from Samara who knew lots about leicester and even said after 2016 we are lots of peoples favourite PL team

They’re pretty used to being fed propaganda bullsh*t by their leader too aren’t they 

 

I put a funny story in one of the threads a while back about being in Marseille in the Euros. It’s quite long winded but essentially my leicester badge leg tattoo got us out of being battered by a fair few Algerians in a pub 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...