Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Football Conspiracy Theories

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

Definitely something dodgy went on when Man United got 148 penalties when we were cruising to top 4... 

Nobody will ever convince me that wasn't rigged. Was certain of it after that penalty they got at Villa.

• Like 2

Newcastles 7.5 million pound sleeve sponsor is very suspect. 7th highest in the league really? 

for some context we get 2.75 million which is the next highest non big six the big six range from 10-20 million. Their sleeve sponsor is more than 7 teams main shirt sponsor and only 500k of 4 other teams including their own. 

Edited by peach0000

3 hours ago, peach0000 said:

Newcastles 7.5 million pound sleeve sponsor is very suspect. 7th highest in the league really? 

for some context we get 2.75 million which is the next highest non big six the big six range from 10-20 million. Their sleeve sponsor is more than 7 teams main shirt sponsor and only 500k of 4 other teams including their own. 

Its complete bending of the rules.

Their argument/justification is probably that they are currently the most marketable team outside the Sky 6 since the takeover.

Edited by Nalis

2 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Its complete bending of the rules.

Their argument/justification is probably that they are currently the most marketable team outside the Sky 6 since the takeover.

It’s comes across even worse when you realise that PIF are the biggest investors of the sleeve sponsor company. Not even some friend of a friend doing a favour like is so often the case. They are literally sponsoring themselves at an inflated price and the premier league approved it 

On 05/08/2022 at 11:16, Finnegan said:

I don't really get why people are so militant in being confident that the Premier League isn't tampered with to be honest. 

You can sit and watch documentaries about actual corporate and financial crimes and the extent that wealthy people and businesses will go to to guarantee their incomes. VW's diesel controversy, Enron, all the companies caught dumping toxic substances in water supplies, Nestle in Africa, sub prime lending and the financial crash, major banks willingly laundering for international organised crime, every million and billionaire stashing in tax havens, companies en masse avoiding corporate tax. 

You think somehow every industry in the world has corruption but the Premier League is completely clean? It's by far and away the wealthiest league in the world and it matters to so many people who make so much money off it that the "right" teams qualify for the Champions League. 

I'd love to see an impartial investigation in to how many people and businesses lose how much money if United, Madrid, Barca, Juve, etc don't qualify for the CL. These clubs that are super powers, how much financial impact is there, what sponsors lose out, what investors lose out. And I don't just mean owners of those clubs, I mean the sponsors that invest heavily in having a presence in the CL expecting millions of United fans to tune in and watch. 

You think none of those people will tamper with the league at all to make sure they get the outcome they want? 

I just think it's naive to expert the league to be beyond reproach at all. 

Liverpool and Manchester United got to vet the candidate’s for Premier League CEO ahead of all the other club’s.

Idea the league isn’t biased in some form is questionable 

• Like 1

On 05/08/2022 at 12:16, Finnegan said:

I don't really get why people are so militant in being confident that the Premier League isn't tampered with to be honest. 

You can sit and watch documentaries about actual corporate and financial crimes and the extent that wealthy people and businesses will go to to guarantee their incomes. VW's diesel controversy, Enron, all the companies caught dumping toxic substances in water supplies, Nestle in Africa, sub prime lending and the financial crash, major banks willingly laundering for international organised crime, every million and billionaire stashing in tax havens, companies en masse avoiding corporate tax. 

You think somehow every industry in the world has corruption but the Premier League is completely clean? It's by far and away the wealthiest league in the world and it matters to so many people who make so much money off it that the "right" teams qualify for the Champions League. 

I'd love to see an impartial investigation in to how many people and businesses lose how much money if United, Madrid, Barca, Juve, etc don't qualify for the CL. These clubs that are super powers, how much financial impact is there, what sponsors lose out, what investors lose out. And I don't just mean owners of those clubs, I mean the sponsors that invest heavily in having a presence in the CL expecting millions of United fans to tune in and watch. 

You think none of those people will tamper with the league at all to make sure they get the outcome they want? 

I just think it's naive to expert the league to be beyond reproach at all. 

Excellent post...One would Love to think of pure Innocent conincidence of sport, But ironic twists & decisions & then the blind adulterated  abuse of VAR,

just supports every point in this post....

On 05/08/2022 at 00:19, The Horse's Mouth said:

Everyone's on PEDs

I kind of think this about every professional sports person, not just football

Maybe not illegal ones, but I imagine most professional sports people push legal PEDs to the absolute limits and many also probably include several loopholes/grey areas as part of legal PEDs too, you probably have to to keep up.

All alleged and not based on any evidence ofc. It just feels like you likely have to do it to become a professional sports person

Edited by Sampson