Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kushiro

Bernie's Scrapbooks

26 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Excellent, he really did see it all with us.

I love seeing old formations, us v Arsenal both playing 2-3-5.

Amazing how the games almost gone full circle - we’ve practically been playing that in pre season in possession of the ball!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Is there anyway that maybe a bench could be unveiled for him dedicated to his memory. Maybe outside the King Power Stadium somewhere?

He will have a plaque in the memorial gardens, but it is currently being revamped and a very long waiting list.  We couldn't get the club to agree to a bench, and I get that.  Simon, who took him to the matches in the latter years raised money by walking to Forest last season and got a bench in the Nursing Home where Bernie spent his last few years. 

46 minutes ago, Crinklyfox said:

I wonder how long he lived in Sileby?  Because although I don't think we ever met his family, we used to live just round the corner in Ratcliffe Road.

I have got a few addresses where he lived,  but need to do a bit more work on timelines.  Currently I am trying to research his family history, but due to time constrains this last few months, I have been a bit restricted.  Hopefully I can get going on it all again.  We know he was an only child, and had relatives also living on the same street.   

• Like 1