Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tom27111

Bye

39 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

cya tom boy. hope u have good life and stuff. thanks for letting us know 

This ain't about our Tom.

It's about ME ME ME AND MY BAN!!!!😎

• Haha 1

I think most people on here are grown men (and women) all with different opinions. If you can’t give and take either opinions or jibes sometimes then that says more about you than other people. 

In general most people on here are harmless, I think (from experience) where banning comes in is at the discretion of the mods or if a thread gets derailed into a political abyss.

Lastly, people’s persona behind a keyboard is often different to how they are in “real life”. A tiger doesn’t lose sleep over the opinion of a sheep. 

• Like 1

In seventeen years or however long it's been I've never even had a warning, and I've never come that close to blocking anybody.

When someone has stern words for me 95% of the time it's because they've misinterpreted something I've said, and as I am often deliberately obtuse I can't really blame them for that.

Mind you, I'd be lying if I said I didn't very occasionally fantasise about going proper mental on here and start absolutely ripping into people, but I think the very temporary fun of that wouldn't be worth the ban 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

In seventeen years or however long it's been I've never even had a warning

What’s really annoying is that I must report something like seven or eight of your posts every week because of their deeply offensive nature to people who are allergic to humour. 

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Daggers said:

What’s really annoying is that I must report something like seven or eight of your posts every week because of their deeply offensive nature to people who are allergic to humour. 

I wouldn't want to be denied the potential spectacle of those precious individuals' fury and I don't think YOU want that either.

One of these days there'll be a mod that does the job like I would do, i.e. be really fair and conscientious, but every once in a while just give out a couple of permanent bans to people that in no way deserve it just for the LOLz, and I'll just have to accept that

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I wouldn't want to be denied the potential spectacle of those precious individuals' fury and I don't think YOU want that either.

One of these days there'll be a mod that does the job like I would do, i.e. be really fair and conscientious, but every once in a while just give out a couple of permanent bans to people that in no way deserve it just for the LOLz, and I'll just have to accept that

You are literally describing my time here as a mod 😂

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

In seventeen years or however long it's been I've never even had a warning, and I've never come that close to blocking anybody.

When someone has stern words for me 95% of the time it's because they've misinterpreted something I've said, and as I am often deliberately obtuse I can't really blame them for that.

Mind you, I'd be lying if I said I didn't very occasionally fantasise about going proper mental on here and start absolutely ripping into people, but I think the very temporary fun of that wouldn't be worth the ban 

Your a gentleman  that's why.

I'm a knob who has an ever growing ignore list🤣🤣🤣😎👍

Edited by Raj
  • Haha 1

Just out of interest, how is a mod appointed? Why does the role change hands? Just when someone gets fed up?

I think FIF once insinuated in one of his tirades against the mods banning him, that there was some sort of secret Masonic conspiracy, and perhaps even a dark ritual involved by the “inner circle”

Edited by RoboFox
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Just out of interest, how is a mod appointed? Why does the role change hands? Just when someone gets fed up?

I think FIF once insinuated in one of his tirades against the mods banning him, that there was some sort of secret Masonic conspiracy, and perhaps even a dark ritual involved by the “inner circle”

Reckon he's still around.

Also have a suspicion that MattP (he appeared quite a good character, to be fair) is also lurking under a new name, as well as Moosebreath/Dave the Caveman creator.

Edited by Wymsey

20 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Also have a suspicion that MattP (he appeared quite a good character, to be fair) is also lurking under a new name, as well as Moosebreath/Dave the Caveman creator.

One the worst and most obnoxious and offensive posters who never seemed to get a ban back then.

Never met him IRL, but I really wouldn't want to. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Thank you for your contribution, Moosebreath. 

Can I go large with that order please. 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 14/03/2023 at 18:32, Tommy G said:

I think most people on here are grown men (and women) all with different opinions. If you can’t give and take either opinions or jibes sometimes then that says more about you than other people. 

In general most people on here are harmless, I think (from experience) where banning comes in is at the discretion of the mods or if a thread gets derailed into a political abyss.

Lastly, people’s persona behind a keyboard is often different to how they are in “real life”. A tiger doesn’t lose sleep over the opinion of a sheep. 

Amen to this last paragraph. 

On 15/03/2023 at 21:35, RoboFox said:

You mean the Swan Lestas?