Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 23

6 hours ago, adejo92 said:

I'd be interested to hear how others are finding it so far?

So far it just seems like a few nice cut scenes / graphics have been added but the real issues that have been with Fifa for years still remain.

The whole game just feels very slow and clumsy. 

The game itself and server is also pretty poor. I've been kicked out of the server numerous times.

I expect very little with new Fifas, and this hasn't proven me wrong yet.

Pretty much the same as you. Agree with the slow and clumsy comments in particular. Sure they will patch that and make it quicker soon.

Defending is a lot harder for me this year, I assume that is my own fault for relying on the AI to block shots for me though. If anyone spams skills in my box I can deal with it and they dibble past me or try and intercept and end up giving away a penalty.

The attacking AI for players making runs is also terrible, even when instructed to get forward in custom tactics. You have to trigger you own runs, which sometimes means the wrong player goes forward and not the one you wanted. 

All in all gameplay wise it’s worse for me than the last game, but at the same time I’m sure I say the same thing every year and still end up playing through the whole game cycle until the next one. Really am my own worst enemy when it comes to FIFA games!

1 hour ago, stu said:

Pretty much the same as you. Agree with the slow and clumsy comments in particular. Sure they will patch that and make it quicker soon.

Defending is a lot harder for me this year, I assume that is my own fault for relying on the AI to block shots for me though. If anyone spams skills in my box I can deal with it and they dibble past me or try and intercept and end up giving away a penalty.

The attacking AI for players making runs is also terrible, even when instructed to get forward in custom tactics. You have to trigger you own runs, which sometimes means the wrong player goes forward and not the one you wanted. 

All in all gameplay wise it’s worse for me than the last game, but at the same time I’m sure I say the same thing every year and still end up playing through the whole game cycle until the next one. Really am my own worst enemy when it comes to FIFA games!

Totally agree, I've really struggled so far.

Defending i find extremely hard and like you say, when there's a skilful player, they run rings around me.

I also find the players don't have any intelligence. The amount of offsides and player positioning of those your not controlling is shocking.

There's a lot I like about the game play, I just think it's going to take a lot of getting used to.

9 hours ago, adejo92 said:

I'd be interested to hear how others are finding it so far?

So far it just seems like a few nice cut scenes / graphics have been added but the real issues that have been with Fifa for years still remain.

The whole game just feels very slow and clumsy. 

The game itself and server is also pretty poor. I've been kicked out of the server numerous times.

I expect very little with new Fifas, and this hasn't proven me wrong yet.

This is one of the best fifa in recent years. 

It's actually rewarding to play football on it. 

• Like 3

I'm liking it so far. Really struggled in my first few games and thought that I'd wasted my money, but now my team is a bit better and I've worked out the gameplay a bit, it's one of the most fun to play FIFAs in a long time. Trumps 22 in every aspect for me so far, which I barely played because the gameplay was so horrific.

Perhaps I need to have a play with it a bit more but upto now, the more I play the more I hate it.

Always takes 3 or 4 times to get onto the servers online is the first issue.

The usual deflections and GK saves landing at the feet of the opposition for an open goal still remain for about the 10th year running.

The 10 players you aren't controlling have absolutely no positional awareness or sense.

I've been playing 5 in defence, with a DM, and still getting these through balls that some how just sail through everyone leaving 1v1.

Seems frustrating so far but the key to success on FUT is easy. Get De Gea in goal who'll save absolutely anything and everything,  then get 2 fast strikers who just breeze past any defence.

Finding it very frustrating and unenjoyable so far.

Managed a great team and win ratio on last years fifa but this I'm getting beat 3+ every single game by very average gamers who just have fast players.

Oh well, at least it's the last Fifa because every year I lack the strength not to waste my money!

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

First game online, I lose 6-0 largely because the Griezmann I was up against scored 4 incredibly unrealistic goals. The angle was far too acute but he just blasted it past my keeper.

Very shit first impression 

Doesn't get any better. If I had the time and ability to put together a compilation of the goals I've conceded we'd be in for a right laugh.

Graphics and cut scenes are pretty, but the core game is horrific, as per.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 1

I mean it’s nice to feel like you’re making progress having completed 60 objectives. But please make it quicker to collect (ie discard) the various bronze packs, kits, stadium colours, balls, tifos etc I’ve been rewarded with! Feels more like a punishment 😆

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Doesn't get any better. If I had the time and ability to put together a compilation of the goals I've conceded we'd be in for a right laugh.

Graphics and cut scenes are pretty, but the core game is horrific, as per.

I got EA play for $0.99 so I could play early access for free. Same experience as you. So frustrating that it’s just hanging on the edge trying to break someone down but then one through ball cuts your defence apart, even if you have defenders in place. I only tried career mode as City, so could be that it really is a sim… 😢 

uninstalled it. Not going to buy but mainly as I don’t want to get sucked in to a time sink for no real reward and work is too busy to play FUT. so far, happy with my decision 

9 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

I got EA play for $0.99 so I could play early access for free. Same experience as you. So frustrating that it’s just hanging on the edge trying to break someone down but then one through ball cuts your defence apart, even if you have defenders in place. I only tried career mode as City, so could be that it really is a sim… 😢 

uninstalled it. Not going to buy but mainly as I don’t want to get sucked in to a time sink for no real reward and work is too busy to play FUT. so far, happy with my decision 

If I could get a refund, I would.

Just feels completely broken in almost every aspect other than visuals.

I cant even get angry now, I just laugh because its that comical.

18 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

If I could get a refund, I would.

Just feels completely broken in almost every aspect other than visuals.

I cant even get angry now, I just laugh because its that comical.

Sorry dude, hopefully with some patching they will sort it. Games are not cheap.

It’s more frustrating (agree with you comical is a good term), especially with all the hype of how it’s unlocking nextgen and using AI coupled with real tactics or whatever. Maybe they build the AI but it’s not actually learnt anything yet! LOL 

I haven’t found it to bad to play so far just struggling to even play squad battles but then was pretty easy last season so will see how I get on over the weekend . Pretty sure I will buy it after my trail has finished . 

I don’t know if there’s something wrong with my controller or the game is just unplayable lol 

Passes going in the complete opposite direction, players will just stop sprinting with the ball and without, player switching doesn’t always work.

Edited by Lcfc-1992

43 minutes ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

I don’t know if there’s something wrong with my controller or the game is just unplayable lol 

Passes going in the complete opposite direction, players will just stop sprinting with the ball and without, player switching doesn’t always work.

Was thinking just the same but only seems to be doing it on rivals for me. been beat in all 3 I have played so won’t be getting any rewards or weekend league done again this season 😂

2 hours ago, stu said:

What is this Accelerate rubbish that turns Harry Kane with 68 pace into Mbappe who can sprint dribble (pun not intended) through my defence?! Ludicrous…

There's that new lengthy, controlled, explosive player trait. It doesn't really make much sense to me either, if you're a slow fuc*er, you're a slow fuc*er :dunno:

The same with defenders, even 60 pace Ruben dias will catch mbappe as he over distance will reach a similar pace in the foot race.

• Like 1