Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 23

3 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Hows fifa still so glitched.

Has this thread gone so dead because people have began to realise its like playing a half finished game some college students had a crack at making.

Game started off well. But as I go higher up the divisions beginning to realise how overpowered auto defending and auto blocks are. games are just a pinball simulator

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Swarles Barkley said:

Game started off well. But as I go higher up the divisions beginning to realise how overpowered auto defending and auto blocks are. games are just a pinball simulator

Yup.

Don't know if I'm nit picking, as they are little things, but become very annoying when it's every game.

- whenever there is a foul, play continues but everything around you stops. Game then glitches where players kick the ball randomly before it actually cuts to the free kick.

- EA are clearly proud of their new GK animation where he collects the ball and the goes to the floor as if to waste time. Would be better if it wasn't every single time they get the ball and would also be nice if they don't do it when your fighting to get a goal back.

- Anyone every had a corner, thats cleared, and the ball actually lands to another attacking player? It always gets cleared to the opposition player as if its a pre set action of the game mechanics.

Thats before i even touch on the dodgy rebounds,  questionable GK saves, attackers always straying offside, defenders standing still and games cutting off when your winning.

8 hours ago, deejdeej said:

That front 3 are brilliant, can't see me changing them for a long time. Also Smalling is surprisingly solid.

Screenshot_20221027-142046_Companion.jpg

I've gone for serie a / Italy team and it works brilliantly smalling is a beast and has been since day 1.

My line up isn't much different and I love playing with my team

I just can't work our how to use the companion app again sadly.

But this year's fifa seems fun again hopefully we have a good few months ahead of us 

• Like 1

Rivals was pretty hard tonight only managed 3 wins. Every one of my players just seemed really slow and was so hard trying to get through a lot of the teams I played as always seemed to have loads of players back as soon as I got the ball. 

12 hours ago, lcfc matt said:

I've gone for serie a / Italy team and it works brilliantly smalling is a beast and has been since day 1.

My line up isn't much different and I love playing with my team

I just can't work our how to use the companion app again sadly.

But this year's fifa seems fun again hopefully we have a good few months ahead of us 

Could really do with better midfielders, i should've done that Bennacer sbc and tempted to buy Zambo Anguissa Road to knockout card.

Deleting Fifa felt brilliant.

Think I'll buy physical versions in future so I can atleast sell it but hey.

For the casual gamer, FUT is broken. People treating it like a career makes it very unenjoyable for the casual gamer.

You can't even get a player on the cheap because all the saddo's have their sniping bots set up to capture any slight bargains to resell.

Thankfully COD has been released!

Right so in fairly new to FUT. I've been playing since the week it came out and through squad battles and objectives I've assembled a good enough squad to play rivals or online friendlies. This is where it's got frustrating.

I've just made it to the 8th league. I'd say I'm 50/50 for wins and losses. I've just played someone who didn't seem much better than me, both of us needlessly gave the ball away. The difference being in the first half every shot he has seemed to go in regardless of wherever he was around my box or in a couple of instances my half lol

Go in 8-0 at halftime absolutely fuming but so be it he's obviously really good at finishing. Second half, similar thing we both seem similar in our ability apart from now none of his shots are going in, my keepers making saves, players are blocking them, he's putting them wide. I score a goal on a counter and the game finishes 8-1 to him. Am I right to think something's not quite right? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Right so in fairly new to FUT. I've been playing since the week it came out and through squad battles and objectives I've assembled a good enough squad to play rivals or online friendlies. This is where it's got frustrating.

I've just made it to the 8th league. I'd say I'm 50/50 for wins and losses. I've just played someone who didn't seem much better than me, both of us needlessly gave the ball away. The difference being in the first half every shot he has seemed to go in regardless of wherever he was around my box or in a couple of instances my half lol

Go in 8-0 at halftime absolutely fuming but so be it he's obviously really good at finishing. Second half, similar thing we both seem similar in our ability apart from now none of his shots are going in, my keepers making saves, players are blocking them, he's putting them wide. I score a goal on a counter and the game finishes 8-1 to him. Am I right to think something's not quite right? 

Combination of the game mechanics being scripted and just generally a bit rubbish.

There's nothing but complaints about it this year from die hard users.

I actually watch the replays back on some of the goals I concede and you really see how broken it is. Gk's moving out of the way of shot that should be easy saves...I've even had one player score by kicking it forwards with the back of his heel! Work that one out.

Take away the actual game play, you realise that it's not a 'game' to most. You try to buy a player for a bit of a bargain, no chance, because others have set up auto buying bots that will beat you to it.

Best thing I've done with this years fifa is uninstall it. 

13 hours ago, Md9 said:

Attempted qualifiers for weekend league again. 2 wins both for quits but jeez it’s hard work but can’t help but want to put myself through it 🙈😂

I qualified last night for the second time in three. Got Haaland and Vazquez in the rewards so my balance went from 10k to 160k! Finding making coins a lot harder this year combined with poor drop rates (the above is a v rare exception!) means it’s not the most engaging.

Berardi and a change to 4231 made a difference. He was something like 18 in 16 Rivals/WL games. Kind of bad but also just seems to score a lot!

2 hours ago, brookfox said:

I qualified last night for the second time in three. Got Haaland and Vazquez in the rewards so my balance went from 10k to 160k! Finding making coins a lot harder this year combined with poor drop rates (the above is a v rare exception!) means it’s not the most engaging.

Berardi and a change to 4231 made a difference. He was something like 18 in 16 Rivals/WL games. Kind of bad but also just seems to score a lot!

I got lucky a few times packed a few worth 200k each but ended up wasting it again anyway. It’s pointless selling any one under 85 rated as well you don’t get much at all for them  hoping the league sbc comes out soon might help make a few coins there. Played against haaland so many times last night most of the time I can’t get close to him either just seems to be very good. 

5 hours ago, Md9 said:

I got lucky a few times packed a few worth 200k each but ended up wasting it again anyway. It’s pointless selling any one under 85 rated as well you don’t get much at all for them  hoping the league sbc comes out soon might help make a few coins there. Played against haaland so many times last night most of the time I can’t get close to him either just seems to be very good. 

Lol everyone on ps5 has haaland it's so boring 

Tbh though I'm absolutely abusing Harry kane he's so good this year, 69 pace is a lie haha absolute animal now he's lengthy.

1 hour ago, Kyuubi said:

Lol everyone on ps5 has haaland it's so boring 

Tbh though I'm absolutely abusing Harry kane he's so good this year, 69 pace is a lie haha absolute animal now he's lengthy.

I have been using mane for a while and he has been pretty decent for me I just need to sort the midfield out a bit now might do the zinchencko sbc if I have enough in the club to do it 

8 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Whats the difference between a standard totw player and a red pick? Are the red picks better? 

No difference at all, just unique to have a red version. Only real attraction is a better opportunity to pack one of the best TOTW players for that week, rather than just opening normal packs.

1 hour ago, stu said:

No difference at all, just unique to have a red version. Only real attraction is a better opportunity to pack one of the best TOTW players for that week, rather than just opening normal packs.

Ah thanks mate. First fifa I've had for years. Got a red Callum Wilson. Wasn't sure what  it ment lol. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Like 1

On 27/10/2022 at 17:27, adejo92 said:

Yup.

Don't know if I'm nit picking, as they are little things, but become very annoying when it's every game.

- whenever there is a foul, play continues but everything around you stops. Game then glitches where players kick the ball randomly before it actually cuts to the free kick.

- EA are clearly proud of their new GK animation where he collects the ball and the goes to the floor as if to waste time. Would be better if it wasn't every single time they get the ball and would also be nice if they don't do it when your fighting to get a goal back.

- Anyone every had a corner, thats cleared, and the ball actually lands to another attacking player? It always gets cleared to the opposition player as if its a pre set action of the game mechanics.

Thats before i even touch on the dodgy rebounds,  questionable GK saves, attackers always straying offside, defenders standing still and games cutting off when your winning.

Do you play old gen or new gen/pc? 

On 27/10/2022 at 14:21, deejdeej said:

That front 3 are brilliant, can't see me changing them for a long time. Also Smalling is surprisingly solid.

Screenshot_20221027-142046_Companion.jpg

I had him on loan and yes he was alright actually smalling.

My strike force is actually my weak link Vardy and Jesus...Vardys decent enough but could be easily improved upon.

the midfields where my best players, KDB and the David Ginola hero card who is just insanely good 😂

Robertson is quality at left back as well but do need better centre halves, saving up for Virgil. 

3 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Anyone used the inform castagne? 

I like him. Playing RM in a 3-5-2 and he gets up and down all game long. For a while I had Gosens on the other side and it felt like half my goals came from one of them crossing to the back post for the other. Probably not the best option in his position but he's capable enough, especially on new gen with an architect on him to get him nice and lengthy.