Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 23

On 29/09/2022 at 21:15, Ashley said:

This is one of the best fifa in recent years. 

It's actually rewarding to play football on it. 

Completely agree, far better than just buying wingers with 90 odd pace and running down the wing like a mad man which is all it’s been for about four years. 

Games needed slowing down for years.

• Like 2

A persistent issue that does my head in yet I rarely see it mentioned - keepers picking up balls that have hit a teammate first. They're not explicitly passbacks but no way a keeper picks them up IRL. There's maybe 2 or 3 a game 

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

A persistent issue that does my head in yet I rarely see it mentioned - keepers picking up balls that have hit a teammate first. They're not explicitly passbacks but no way a keeper picks them up IRL. There's maybe 2 or 3 a game 

Well it’s an issue is it. Definition of a pass back is a deliberate attempt to play the ball so unless your opponent has pressed A or X it’s not a pass back. I’d be pissed off if one of my players took a shit touch and it counted as a pass back,

• Haha 1

On 12/10/2022 at 16:23, coolhandfox said:

The best thing is to have a go and come back with what you are struggling with. 

Start by using a team you enjoy playing with rather than picking meta-type players and playing a style of football you like playing.

It can take time to move up the divisions, but if it's a repeat of last year, you only drop down a couple of divisions at the end of the season, so reduces the grind element. 

Avoiding Wednesday as you can find better players just trying to smash out quick wins to get rewards. 

Oh is that what happened last night 😂

Think I won 7 straight on Tuesday but one win one draw and four defeats last night and some of the players some of them had were ridic.

• Like 1

Managed to get 8 wins on rivals pretty quickly last night so don’t have to worry about that again this week 😂 packed mane untradeable and he seems to be the best player I have used to far and actually can turn pretty quick. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Md9 said:

Do you get rewards just for qualifying for weekend league or do you need to win any games to get anything. 

Just to clarify, do you mean qualifiying for the actual weekend league via the playoffs, or qualifiying for the playoffs?

I'll explain both anyway, you have to qualify through the playoffs before you get to play the weekend league. You get into the playoffs once you get enough points through rivals, think it is 1250 points. The higher division you are the more points you earn with wins and the quicker you can get to enter the playoffs.

When you are in the playoffs, you get tradeable rewards for that based on the number of wins you get. I think 4 out of 10 games is enough to qualify. Play on a Thursday evening for easier games, in my experience.

Once you have qualified, you don't have to actually enter that weekends league if you don't want to, you can save it for another weekend as you get an 'entry' you can use at any point in the game cycle. However once you use that entry for a particular weekend you are in that weekend and have to play the games to earn any rewards.

You'll get tradable rewards for wherever you finish, as you get 4 points for a win and 1 for a loss. There are no draws as these are decided by a penaly shootout. (same for the playoffs btw) So if you lose all 20 games you'll have 20 points which gets you whatever rewards that equates to, but you'll get at least 1 totw player pick I think.

Obviously the more wins the more rewards and probably most important if you want to make things easier, the more rivals points you earn towards next weeks qualifications to the playoffs. It is pretty much like starting again if you don't get a decent finish as if your anything like me family life gets in the way of the grind needed to play the majority of the weekend leagues.

Or alternatively enjoy the relief of not being able to play weekend league and actually enjoy your weekend!

Good luck! 

Edited by stu
that took longer to explain than I was expecting!
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, stu said:

It is pretty much like starting again if you don't get a decent finish

I give my weekend games away and hope to get 2 given back so I get 2 player picks. I got 750 points towards the 1250 and then another 100 from rival rewards, so once you’ve entered once you should keep getting a good chunk of the points towards the following weekend. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

I give my weekend games away and hope to get 2 given back so I get 2 player picks. I got 750 points towards the 1250 and then another 100 from rival rewards, so once you’ve entered once you should keep getting a good chunk of the points towards the following weekend. 

Fair point, I'd forgotten about the rivals rewards points, but its only 60 for those of us who are crap at this game :thumbup: (Div 7)

Edited by stu

3 minutes ago, stu said:

Fair point, I'd forgotten about the rivals rewards points, but its only 60 for those of us who are crap at this game :thumbup: (Div 7)

I’m in division 6 but I’m keeping myself there for now :ph34r: that and not playing champs, it’s clear I don’t like stressful Fifa lol

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, stu said:

Just to clarify, do you mean qualifiying for the actual weekend league via the playoffs, or qualifiying for the playoffs?

I'll explain both anyway, you have to qualify through the playoffs before you get to play the weekend league. You get into the playoffs once you get enough points through rivals, think it is 1250 points. The higher division you are the more points you earn with wins and the quicker you can get to enter the playoffs.

When you are in the playoffs, you get tradeable rewards for that based on the number of wins you get. I think 4 out of 10 games is enough to qualify. Play on a Thursday evening for easier games, in my experience.

Once you have qualified, you don't have to actually enter that weekends league if you don't want to, you can save it for another weekend as you get an 'entry' you can use at any point in the game cycle. However once you use that entry for a particular weekend you are in that weekend and have to play the games to earn any rewards.

You'll get tradable rewards for wherever you finish, as you get 4 points for a win and 1 for a loss. There are no draws as these are decided by a penaly shootout. (same for the playoffs btw) So if you lose all 20 games you'll have 20 points which gets you whatever rewards that equates to, but you'll get at least 1 totw player pick I think.

Obviously the more wins the more rewards and probably most important if you want to make things easier, the more rivals points you earn towards next weeks qualifications to the playoffs. It is pretty much like starting again if you don't get a decent finish as if your anything like me family life gets in the way of the grind needed to play the majority of the weekend leagues.

Or alternatively enjoy the relief of not being able to play weekend league and actually enjoy your weekend!

Good luck! 

Ah yeah forgot about the qualifying part . Seems a bit long winded after you have enough points to get to that part should just let you do the weekend league. Had a few attempts last year but ever managed the 4 wins. Might be different this year with how different the games seems a few players trying to do skill moves last night and managed to stop them pretty well where as last year it would have been about 10-0 by half time. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Attempted the qualifying didn’t go well. Couldn’t even beat a player down to ten men after 8 mins and being 2-0 up 😂 give that a miss next time 

I got through qualifying relatively easily but the actual weekend league I’m 0-17. Genuinely have no clue what to do. I dominate teams and get done on the counter. I lose close games by the odd goal. Still need to win 2 in 3 to get a second red pick 🤣

2 minutes ago, howlinmadmurfdoc said:

I got through qualifying relatively easily but the actual weekend league I’m 0-17. Genuinely have no clue what to do. I dominate teams and get done on the counter. I lose close games by the odd goal. Still need to win 2 in 3 to get a second red pick 🤣

I thought there wasn’t as many people able/ trying to use to much skill moves until I played the qualifying and they all came out to play 😂 I know I would have been in the same boat of not winning in the weekend league just a lot of effort to just qualify to lose 20 games anyway 😂 ah well. Good luck trying to get your two wins 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, howlinmadmurfdoc said:

Do you do anything with player instructions? Having full backs on stay back could help with being countered

On 14/10/2022 at 22:51, Guest said:

We cannot - no crossplay for clubs or any of the co-op modes. They said they were looking into adding it after the clubs community kicked up a fuss so it may be possible at some point.

That's a real shame that

• Like 1

I've just done the Hybrid Nations SBC and this is what I've got from one of the reward packs

Everything out of the screen shot Is basically fodder but happy with these for a what's is a cheap and easy SBC!

Screenshot_20221017-193542_Companion.thumb.jpg.569f283c01fe7ff293d7ce24799e7715.jpg

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 3